Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

That was a touchdown

What the hell kind of call was that?

Re: That was a touchdown

It's one of those "refs special for the Ravens". Ravens are gonna get at least one of those calls a game. Been happening for years, always happens when the Ravens score against the steelers only to have the TD nollified by a mysterious holding call.

Hell, the ball crossed the plane of the goal line and plus. Anything after that is supposed to be ignored. I see it all the time by receivers doing just that.

Blog Entries

I'm not even going to lie. I forgot all about the ball crossing the plane thing. I just thought about maintaining control all the way through.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Refs sucked ass in this game. Constantly. Glad we won, but that was horrible refereeing. And to think how we bitched about the replacement refs. These guys looked like replacement refs from the XFL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm not even going to lie. I forgot all about the ball crossing the plane thing. I just thought about maintaining control all the way through.
    I thought that was only for catching it in the end zone, maintaining control all the way thru. He caught it at the 2, extended his arms and ball across the plane of the goal line. TD. Even the ref didn't look anymore after that when he saw the ball break the plane. He did his job, signalling TD. It's the cuckoo ref in the video booth that don't know shit!

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven
    Refs sucked ass in this game. Constantly. Glad we won, but that was horrible refereeing. And to think how we bitched about the replacement refs.
    Totally agree. This was a very badly officiated game, and treating the regular refs like returning heros seems really stupid right now, because some of these crews are really bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    I thought that was only for catching it in the end zone, maintaining control all the way thru. He caught it at the 2, extended his arms and ball across the plane of the goal line. TD. Even the ref didn't look anymore after that when he saw the ball break the plane. He did his job, signalling TD. It's the cuckoo ref in the video booth that don't know shit!
    that's the way I understand it too, even the 'official' official in the booth said they got it wrong

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

At first I thought it was the "Calvin Johnson rule"

But it couldn't have been, it was caught at the 2 yd line and broke the plane

Mike Pereira on Fox knows as much about rules as anyone, former VP of officiating and he said it was a TD

Blog Entries

What makes me sick about these damn replays is they're basically just starting over with a brand new call as if there was never a call on the field to start with -- and just calling whatever they think it should be.

When they first put in instant replay, the idea was that the call is presumed correct unless you can show indisputably that it wasn't.

Like a pass that bounces off the ground a foot in front of the reciever that's wrongly called a catch. Or a guy whose knee hits at the 5 yard line but it gets called a touchdown.

Now they just sit there for 8, 9, 10 minutes like they're watching the damn JFK assassination, then just making their own call. They've gotten so damn far away from the original idea with instant replay they're disrupting the damn game. EVERY WEEK.

It should take them about 10 seconds to overturn an OBVIOUS mistake. Obvious mistakes were supposed to be the whole deal. Instant replay was put in to correct grossly horrible calls. It was NOT put in so that a judgment / 50-50 call on the field can be replaced with a different judgment call from the booth. They need to reel this shit in, because it's bullshit.

Blog Entries

Kind of reminds me of Gresham's no TD vs us last year. Only difference is that I think Gresham was still bobbling the ball as he was going to the end zone which brought control all the way to the ground into play.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Refs sucked ass in this game. Constantly. Glad we won, but that was horrible refereeing. And to think how we bitched about the replacement refs. These guys looked like replacement refs from the XFL.
    Exactly, they were horrible. They are even worse when reviewing replay, at least a questionable call on the feild stood as intended by the rules by the replacement officials. These refs get worse and worse. How they REVERSED that call was beyond me.