Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 67

Thread: Trade Ray Rice?

  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?



    I wouldn't trade him to Atl or Green Bay anyway. It would need to be St. Louis and for a few firsts to consider it.

    Ultimately the trade wouldn't happen, but they'd consider it I'm sure if St. Louis came to them. I couldn't see them offering him up ever though




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    trade him for Ricky Proehl and a brain for Caldwell
    Knew this was coming.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #15

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    Not to mention Atlanta doesn't have a 1st this year, they traded that last year to move up and get Julio.

    But in any case, ummm no. Get a better OL and a better OL coach. That would fix 90% of the problems on offense right there.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    Ray Rice and Marshal Yanda are the only elite players on our offense, so no I think it would be silly to trade our best player. What we need to do is surround both Rice and Flacco with a better Oline, and maybe a TE who can block. There are never any guarantees with draft picks anyway, what would happen if all of our picks we get turned out to be either average or just good? That still doesn't replace what Ray Rice can bring to the table.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Not to mention Atlanta doesn't have a 1st this year, they traded that last year to move up and get Julio.

    But in any case, ummm no. Get a better OL and a better OL coach. That would fix 90% of the problems on offense right there.
    Atlanta do have a first round pick actually, they didn't give two first rounders away, just the one which was this year.




  6. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    So this is what a 3 game losing streak does to a fan base? Interesting

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    And then we turn around and laugh at other teams fan forums for threads like these.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2




  7. #19

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    And really only the Raiders and Bills would have any intrest in me. Look at the rest of the top 10 picks, all teams that don't need Ray(See the Titans, Jags, Igles, etc...) or are teams that chances are won't have a top 10 pick next year, i.e the Lions,Chargers.

    So looking forward that would really be it. The WR class is pathetic so you're not getting a blue chip guy this year. So you would need youre first to land Te'o this year and a high enough one next year to hit on a WR to compliment or even be better than Torrey.

    Just doesn't really seem worth it. Any way you slice it. Not to mention the CapHit.




  8. #20

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Atlanta do have a first round pick actually, they didn't give two first rounders away, just the one which was this year.
    their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2013.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2013.
    "also Atlanta's first- and fourth-round selections in 2012."- Wikipedia

    Atlanta are free in 2013.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NF...t#cite_note-21




  10. #22

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And then we turn around and laugh at other teams fan forums for threads like these.
    What's there to laugh about here? The OP is entertaining a notion that does have merit. If you don't think Ray Rice is worth two first round draft picks, that's definitely a rational, reasoned argument that can be backed up. But one can also make a rational, reasoned argument that two firsts are worth more than Rice is. In fact, if the Ravens could take two firsts and turn them into, say, the next Barry Sanders and the next Jerry Rice, would that be worth it?

    The fault in the argument is that the Ravens could just as easily turn those two first rounders into the next JaMarcus Russell and the next Sergio Kindle. However, that's not such a large fault that it makes the argument laughable. Rice, like any other player in the NFL, is one big injury away from turning that fault in the argument into a nonstarter.




  11. Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    So this is what a 3 game losing streak does to a fan base? Interesting
    Better hope like hell we don't go into a couple year decline (circa 1996, '97) after #52 and Ed are gone.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  12. #24

    Re: Trade Ray Rice?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ray Rice and Marshal Yanda are the only elite players on our offense, so no I think it would be silly to trade our best player. What we need to do is surround both Rice and Flacco with a better Oline, and maybe a TE who can block. There are never any guarantees with draft picks anyway, what would happen if all of our picks we get turned out to be either average or just good? That still doesn't replace what Ray Rice can bring to the table.
    The draft is definitely a crapshoot, but you do have one guarantee with a drafted player over a veteran already on your roster: Youth.

    Ray Rice is only going to be 26 come 2013, but he's a pretty old 26, he'll have 1500 career touches by the end of the year probably. That's a huge amount of wear on a RB, at the rate he's going I doubt he will last his entire contract or at least playing at a high level, he may even be slowing down right now (he's definitely trending downward right now even independent of our bad OL, he's missing a lot of holes and playing very tentative right now.)

    If we managed to fleece another team out of a 1st and 2nd this year we would be adding a lot of youth to a team that is struggling with age at key positions. Is the marginal value of Rice so much greater than Pierce considering age and wear? I dunno...

    But the cap hit ramifications may render this discussion moot anyway, that was a factor I did not consider.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland