Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

@PFF: 17.7% of the passes Joe Flacco has attempted have gone over 20 yards in the air. The largest % of any QB in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

do those count the overthrows that are supposed to go 10 yards and go 20?

Still think they should shorten the WR routes.

Blog Entries
    @PFF: @jmanasso Would be wrong of us to speculate. Does have 11 touchdowns going deep, but 37.2% comp.% which isn't great for building drives

Blog Entries

And what is his completion rate for those passes?

edit: looks like you answered my question. Joe Namath made the Hall of Fame throwing the ball like that. He also ended up with more picks that TDs thrown.

Blog Entries

This is why I've always been a great fan of the dink and dunk offense.

...and missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @PFF: @jmanasso Would be wrong of us to speculate. Does have 11 touchdowns going deep, but 37.2% comp.% which isn't great for building drives

:word

At one point in the season we "technically" had the most explosive offense in the league statiscally (most completions over 20 yds), I think we're still in the Top 10.

@PFF: 17.7% of the passes Joe Flacco has attempted have gone over 20 yards in the air. The largest % of any QB in the league.

The Raiders offense doesn't work and Cam is the last person to realize it.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This goes back to what I've been saying. It's great to take your shots, but I think they've gone overboard. And too often they force it downfield to a receiver who's covered, sometimes by two or even three guys. In that scenario, SOMEONE has GOT to be open underneath. Take the short gain. It'll probably be a 1st down anyway if they get any kind of YAC.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    This goes back to what I've been saying. It's great to take your shots, but I think they've gone overboard. And too often they force it downfield to a receiver who's covered, sometimes by two or even three guys. In that scenario, SOMEONE has GOT to be open underneath. Take the short gain. It'll probably be a 1st down anyway if they get any kind of YAC.
    and its hard to do it when the play action is not working because we cant run the ball

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Exactly. You use the deep ball when you have gotten the defense to tighten in towards the line of scrimmage. When your main target is downfield all the time, the 2 deep safeties can basically sit back there and cover it all day.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The Raiders offense doesn't work and Cam is the last person to realize it.
    Yep the second post was a response to a question is if that's what got Cameron fired.

I like deep shots but not when that's all the offense does. You have to setup deep shots. Look what Peyton does. He lulls you to sleep with short passes then bang he goes over the top after the d cheats up. He did it to Cary Williams on that td pass to decker.