Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Exactly. It's not sound thinking to release a Pro Bowl player from your roster especially when you consider as many times as we hand the ball off to Rice.
    He wasn't released, he was a free agent. We offered him the same deal Yanda got and he walked. Truth be told, if he'd taken that deal, I'm wondering how it would've affected our other moves this year. We barely had the space to do ANYTHING, much less retain Grubbs with that big contract.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    The other advantage is you keep the other team off the field with long drives. We are last in the NFL in average TOP (http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...sion-net-of-ot). Our offense is on the field for 3:20 less per game than the 2-win Chiefs. We won't be going far giving playoff teams that kind of advantage.
    :grbac:

This system needs to quite kindly, fuck off!

The problem is that Flacco is not accurate enough to make the dink and dunk offense work. I have come to realize that the reason that Cameron did not call the quick slants and crossing patterns is that Flacco doesn't make those throws well.

He is consistently late, high and behind his receivers on the short to intermediate over the middle throws. He doesn't even throw the checkdowns to Ray Rice in a manner where Rice has some momentum as he catches the ball. How many times have we seen Ray make a one handed catch or picked a throw off his toes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    The problem is that Flacco is not accurate enough to make the dink and dunk offense work. I have come to realize that the reason that Cameron did not call the quick slants and crossing patterns is that Flacco doesn't make those throws well.

He is consistently late, high and behind his receivers on the short to intermediate over the middle throws. He doesn't even throw the checkdowns to Ray Rice in a manner where Rice has some momentum as he catches the ball. How many times have we seen Ray make a one handed catch or picked a throw off his toes.
    That is not accurate at all. Trying watching the film. Someone throw up Flacco's stats from his passes over the middle. I saw it before and it was over 100 qbr.

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That is not accurate at all. Trying watching the film. Someone throw up Flacco's stats from his passes over the middle. I saw it before and it was over 100 qbr.
    Yeah, accuracy overall is not one of Flacco's strengths, but he's completing 70% of his passes for a 102.6 rating in between the numbers.

His problem is the 46.8% and 62.9 rating outside the numbers.

His 51.1% of throws outside the numbers is also the highest percentage of passes outside the numbers in the entire NFL. Bizarre that we're attempting so many passes outside the numbers when we don't seem very good at them. Here's the numbers for a few other QBs.

Drew Brees - 39% Tom Brady - 41% Tony Romo - 45% Matt Stafford - 41% Matt Ryan - 41% Peyton Manning - 45% Andrew Luck - 37%

If you moved Flacco's % of attempts outside the numbers closer to the league-average of about 40% instead of 51.1%, assuming his QB rating remains constant both inside and outside the numbers, it would raise his overall QB rating substantially.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    The other advantage is you keep the other team off the field with long drives. We are last in the NFL in average TOP (http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...sion-net-of-ot). Our offense is on the field for 3:20 less per game than the 2-win Chiefs. We won't be going far giving playoff teams that kind of advantage.
    Keep in mind it got worse last week without Cam. Most 3 and outs and Rice never touched the ball on 3rd down. I hope Caldwell isn't as lost as he looked last week. They have to feed Rice to get anything else going

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Keep in mind it got worse last week without Cam. Most 3 and outs and Rice never touched the ball on 3rd down. I hope Caldwell isn't as lost as he looked last week. They have to feed Rice to get anything else going
    I wonder how much of that is their using plays they haven't been practicing all year. I saw more quick passes called during the game than any game previous. Both screen attempts to Rice were blown up. The players didn't execute well, from the o-line to Flacco to the receivers. The running game wasn't working like it did against the Redskins.

I didn't have a problem with the play selection overall, and especially the passing plays that were called. I don't mind running the ball on first and second down most of the time, though if it's not working, obviously the OC needs to shake things up. Under Cameron, we basically got run-run-bomb, or bomb-bomb-bomb, with a mix slow developing out-routes.

I'm hoping another week of practice on Caldwell's play selections will see an improvement. I don't know what they can do about the o-line, however, outside of looking for beefy fans to suit up...

Denver is the best defense the Ravens have seen all season. Stop acting like Cam doesn't stink.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is why I've always been a great fan of the dink and dunk offense.
    WCO? Because id agree. You dont 20-30 at a time, you need 10 in 3.
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Denver is the best defense the Ravens have seen all season. Stop acting like Cam doesn't stink.
    They played Pitt twice - #1 D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They played Pitt twice - #1 D
    Denver has the better pass rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Denver has the better pass rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He said best defense the ravens have faced, not pass rush. That would be Cinci who have more sacks than any other team.