Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 37 to 48 of 48
  1. #37

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl



    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Denver is the best defense the Ravens have seen all season. Stop acting like Cam doesn't stink.
    Houston says you have a problem




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He said best defense the ravens have faced, not pass rush. That would be Cinci who have more sacks than any other team.
    Ranks by yards really are a bad way to rank a defense.

    Points, third downs, turnovers and sacks are what counts IMO.




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Houston says you have a problem
    You mean the Houston defense that got torched by NE and... wait for it... Jacksonville with Chad Henne at QB?

    The Houston defense is very well coached by Wade Philips, who probably coaches the best scheme in football. However, the Texans really aren't all that talented on defense like they are on offense. It really is JJ Watt and the rest down there with Brian Cushing on IR.




  4. #40

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    The problem is that Flacco is not accurate enough to make the dink and dunk offense work. I have come to realize that the reason that Cameron did not call the quick slants and crossing patterns is that Flacco doesn't make those throws well.

    He is consistently late, high and behind his receivers on the short to intermediate over the middle throws. He doesn't even throw the checkdowns to Ray Rice in a manner where Rice has some momentum as he catches the ball. How many times have we seen Ray make a one handed catch or picked a throw off his toes.
    You're eye test is failing you. Dink and dunk are primarily checkdowns to Ray Rice, not the intermediate throws as you suggested. FWIW dink and dunk are fall back plays and are not designed to hit receivers in stride so they catch the passes with momentum.




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    WCO? Because id agree. You dont 20-30 at a time, you need 10 in 3.
    I like the WCO but with a power run element to it, or even a zone running scheme that Houston run. The Patriots have a great power run scheme that they go to a lot to set up the pass, the 49ers do it well too, but I notice they like to take their deep shots a bit more with Kaepernick at QB.




  6. #42

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You mean the Houston defense that got torched by NE and... wait for it... Jacksonville with Chad Henne at QB?

    The Houston defense is very well coached by Wade Philips, who probably coaches the best scheme in football. However, the Texans really aren't all that talented on defense like they are on offense. It really is JJ Watt and the rest down there with Brian Cushing on IR.
    Yep. That same Houston defense that held us to 13 points. Everyone is entitled to a bad day.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Yep. That same Houston defense that held us to 13 points. Everyone is entitled to a bad day.
    lol yeah against our offence. We have held a bunch of teams to even less than 13 points this year, but are we a good defense right now? No chance. The Texans have been getting torched by a number of teams, it's not just ''one bad day''.




  8. #44

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Yep. That same Houston defense that held us to 13 points. Everyone is entitled to a bad day.
    The Texans were playing lights out on D earlier in the season until injuries started piling up. Sort of like us, except we haven't played great D all year.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




  9. #45

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Lets face it. A huge part of our offense over the last few years has been throwing the long ball and getting 30+ yard DPI penalties. For whatever reason, we aren't getting as many of those calls this year. Is it because Boldin isn't flopping as well, or are the refs loosening up? Who knows, but a lot of those long balls are thrown into coverage purposely, with little hope they'll actually be completed.




  10. #46

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by WaccoFlacco View Post
    Lets face it. A huge part of our offense over the last few years has been throwing the long ball and getting 30+ yard DPI penalties. For whatever reason, we aren't getting as many of those calls this year. Is it because Boldin isn't flopping as well, or are the refs loosening up? Who knows, but a lot of those long balls are thrown into coverage purposely, with little hope they'll actually be completed.
    This is actually a really good point that I'm surprised hasn't already been mentioned. Have we had a single DPI deep downfield this year? I believe we led the league in DPI yardage last year by a huge margin.

    Flacco would slightly underthrow a lot of deep passes last year knowing it was likely to draw a DPI. Go back and watch the Arizona game for a bunch of good examples. Not getting those calls this year has had a big impact on our ability to extend drives and score points.

    Honestly, even if it was working in past years, I don't think that was a good strategy. Defenses have watched enough tape to recognize when we're going to try it and all they need to do is not panic and play correct technique and they're fine.




  11. #47

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This is actually a really good point that I'm surprised hasn't already been mentioned. Have we had a single DPI deep downfield this year? I believe we led the league in DPI yardage last year by a huge margin.

    Flacco would slightly underthrow a lot of deep passes last year knowing it was likely to draw a DPI. Go back and watch the Arizona game for a bunch of good examples. Not getting those calls this year has had a big impact on our ability to extend drives and score points.

    Honestly, even if it was working in past years, I don't think that was a good strategy. Defenses have watched enough tape to recognize when we're going to try it and all they need to do is not panic and play correct technique and they're fine.

    Yep, I personally would prefer the NFL go back to 15 yard DPI. As ticky tacky as refs are with pass intereference, it's ridiculous to reward a team 40 yards for handchecking.




  12. #48

    Re: Flacco as attempted the most passes over 20 yards in the nfl

    Quote Originally Posted by WaccoFlacco View Post
    Yep, I personally would prefer the NFL go back to 15 yard DPI. As ticky tacky as refs are with pass intereference, it's ridiculous to reward a team 40 yards for handchecking.
    I'd even ditch the automatic first down, too, unless they want to make offensive PI a loss of down.

    The penalties should be equally severe, but it's far from that. It doesn't help it's a highly subjective penalty that can be difficult to get right in real time.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland