Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dropped passes

Blog Entries

Re: Dropped passes

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    thats a good amount.

Blog Entries

Somehow though we are different and have way more drops than that! Idk how, but we do despite what research and tape says!!1111

We have the WORST WR CORE IN THE LEAGUE THOUGH SOMEHOW!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They could've used butterfly nets last week and still wouldn't have been able to reach those passes
    The one that should have sailed 10 feet over the receiver was caught and ran back 98 yards.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    The one that should have sailed 10 feet over the receiver was caught and ran back 98 yards.
    Sad but true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Somehow though we are different and have way more drops than that! Idk how, but we do despite what research and tape says!!1111

We have the WORST WR CORE IN THE LEAGUE THOUGH SOMEHOW!!!!
    because they terribly being under utilize, there is no other team i've watched that i don't see recievers running free like a female in tide commercial running in a field full of daisy. This is just ridiculous how we can get absolutely no separation.

Blog Entries

Sorry OP. I think that stat is really REALLY subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt.

These guys are professionals who are paid to catch passes. I'm not of the mindset that they are going to catch EVERY pass thrown their way and frankly if a guy catches 100 passes in a season and drops 10 passes, so be it, but that doesn't excuse it either.

Torrey has more drops than that (by my gauge of what a dropped pass is). So does Boldin.

IMO, if the ball hits you in the hands and you drop it, it is a dropped pass. IMO, if you go up for a pass and can't hang onto it as you're going to the ground, it is a dropped pass. IMO, if a pass goes through your hands and hits you in the face mask or chest, it is a dropped pass.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Sorry OP. I think that stat is really REALLY subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt.

These guys are professionals who are paid to catch passes. I'm not of the mindset that they are going to catch EVERY pass thrown their way and frankly if a guy catches 100 passes in a season and drops 10 passes, so be it, but that doesn't excuse it either.

Torrey has more drops than that (by my gauge of what a dropped pass is). So does Boldin.

IMO, if the ball hits you in the hands and you drop it, it is a dropped pass. IMO, if you go up for a pass and can't hang onto it as you're going to the ground, it is a dropped pass. IMO, if a pass goes through your hands and hits you in the face mask or chest, it is a dropped pass.
    So that only works for us but no one else right?

Blog Entries

So that only works for us but no one else right?
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    because they terribly being under utilize, there is no other team i've watched that i don't see recievers running free like a female in tide commercial running in a field full of daisy. This is just ridiculous how we can get absolutely no separation.
    ^^^This to me is THE MOST alarming and MOST important aspect of our offensive woes for the last 5 years.
    Receivers have come and gone. Veterans and raw rookies alike cannot gain separation running these few 60s offensive routes. Every team in the league KNOWS our receivers will make one cut or NO cuts at all (fly down the sideline), 98% of the time away from the middle of the field.
    Wide receivers are split wide on each side and must win their matchup by physically beating their opponent who knows where they are going. Not a huge upside for success.

Now that Cam is gone, the obvious quick fixes should be implemented without causing too much disruption.
    Breaking out the multiple formations seen on opening day that ARE in the playbook.
    And running those routes that are in the playbook that haven't been seen since that Game One.
    Some double moves, rubs, crossing routes out of triplets, and stacks, and motion.

These guys are professionals and should know their own playbook. Dust it off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Huh?
    So Boldin and Smith had those drops that weren't recorded, but no other team had those kind of throws go down as drops?

Blog Entries

So Boldin and Smith had those drops that weren't recorded, but no other team had those kind of throws go down as drops?
    Umm. Maybe you didn't understand my post?

I dont know what kind of method other media outlets use to gauge a dropped pass, but Torrey only having 4 (which is what the OP posted) is flat out wrong by MY calculations. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I played for a long time through college and I was always coached that if it hits your hands, you better catch it. So, from my perspective, Torrey only having 4 drops is incorrect because I have seen him drop more than that this year. Hell, I saw him drop 2 against the Steelers at home. One in the end zone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    ^^^This to me is THE MOST alarming and MOST important aspect of our offensive woes for the last 5 years.
    Receivers have come and gone. Veterans and raw rookies alike cannot gain separation running these few 60s offensive routes. Every team in the league KNOWS our receivers will make one cut or NO cuts at all (fly down the sideline), 98% of the time away from the middle of the field.
    Wide receivers are split wide on each side and must win their matchup by physically beating their opponent who knows where they are going. Not a huge upside for success.

Now that Cam is gone, the obvious quick fixes should be implemented without causing too much disruption.
    Breaking out the multiple formations seen on opening day that ARE in the playbook.
    And running those routes that are in the playbook that haven't been seen since that Game One.
    Some double moves, rubs, crossing routes out of triplets, and stacks, and motion.

These guys are professionals and should know their own playbook. Dust it off.
    I aint seen a double move in a long time from any of these recievers. I like Caldwell called some things we haven't seen but this Oline is so shitty they cannot execute a screen at all, bobby williams is fat and out of shape he is not good at all, Oher has poor technique, Jah reid is a tackle not a gaurd and birk is stir fried and dried like Al Sharpton's hair do. No wonder Joe can't succeed under these conditions, thats why I am not ready to write him off just yet.