Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/gl...t-cam-cameron/

Glazer is usually spot on with his reporting and sources. This proves Harbage is a loyal stubborn son of a gun. I am willing to bet there is also a doghouse.

Glazer: Ravens players had been complaining about Cam Cameron
    The Baltimore Ravens surprised most people when they announced the firing of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron with three games left in the regular season. Jay Glazer reported on FOX NFL Sunday that Cameron’s dismissal did not surprise the team’s players; many of them had been looking for a change for a while.

Glazer says the firing of Cameron is something players have been clamoring for inside the locker room for over a year. He says players have gone to the front office and head coach John Harbaugh to complain about Cameron. Glazer also says players were frustrated that Cameron wouldn’t adjust gameplans when it was clear to them that they weren’t working during games.

According to Glazer, the edict came down from ownership a few weeks ago to remove Cameron, and Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go.

Glazer’s report isn’t at all shocking. Not only has the media questioned Cameron, but linebacker Terrell Suggs publicly questioned the coordinator’s usage of offensive playmakers Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin last season.

Cameron had been the team’s offensive coordinator since 2008.

For what it’s worth, the Ravens were held to three points through the first three quarters at home in a 34-17 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday. They had a fumble, interception, and five punts in their first seven possessions with Jim Caldwell as offensive coordinator.
    Last edited by iggyman555; 12-18-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: mod squad

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

For what it’s worth, the Ravens were held to three points through the first three quarters at home in a 34-17 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday. They had a fumble, interception, and five punts in their first seven possessions with Jim Caldwell as offensive coordinator.
    Same shit system....

Caldwell cant change things at this point.

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Is this really anything new?

And to the OP, do you really need to call him a POS? Not the type of discourse we strive for here.

Blog Entries

If this is true, and it really sounds like what we all thought, this is not good. Regardless of how badly Cameron needed to go, you can't let the inmates run the asylum. That's one reason Billick got fired and why Rex wasn't hired...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

Glazer is usually spot on with his reporting and sources. This proves Harbage is a loyal stubborn son of a gun. I am willing to bet there is also a doghouse.

Glazer: Ravens players had been complaining about Cam Cameron
    The Baltimore Ravens surprised most people when they announced the firing of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron with three games left in the regular season. Jay Glazer reported on FOX NFL Sunday that Cameron’s dismissal did not surprise the team’s players; many of them had been looking for a change for a while.

Glazer says the firing of Cameron is something players have been clamoring for inside the locker room for over a year. He says players have gone to the front office and head coach John Harbaugh to complain about Cameron. Glazer also says players were frustrated that Cameron wouldn’t adjust gameplans when it was clear to them that they weren’t working during games

According to Glazer, the edict came down from ownership a few weeks ago to remove Cameron, and Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go.

Glazer’s report isn’t at all shocking. Not only has the media questioned Cameron, but linebacker Terrell Suggs publicly questioned the coordinator’s usage of offensive playmakers Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin last season.

Cameron had been the team’s offensive coordinator since 2008.

Apart of me really doesn't want to believe that a professional coach would blatantly refuse to make adjustments in the game out of sheer stubbornness
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-18-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If this is true, and it really sounds like what we all thought, this is not good. Regardless of how badly Cameron needed to go, you can't let the inmates run the asylum. That's one reason Billick got fired and why Rex wasn't hired...
    I think Harbaugh did a good job of changing that. Also seeing how everyone thinks Cam should have been gone two years ago, it doesn't seem like the decision was made based solely on the players griping.

I will say this though, if Harbaugh went above and beyond to protect a guy that everyone else wanted out, I do believe his seat is a little more than warm.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Is this really anything new?

And to the OP, do you really need to call him a POS? Not the type of discourse we strive for here.
    edited...

Blog Entries

Still can't believe they did this with 3 games left and NO plan other than to put Caldwell in the booth. Not once did Rice get the ball on 3rd down and it was one of their worse performances of the year, especially when you consider it was a home game. Hope it didn't sidetrack the rest of the season.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you.
    But it wasn't, here.
    Everyone KNEW what the problem was, yet Harbaugh did not do anything about it.
    And it affected the entire team.
    The head coach has to have the pulse of the team and know what is going on.
    To me, this was not good, but in a different way.
    A leader recognizes and USES all the assets of those around him, which in this case would includes veteran leadership among the players and their abilities as players and what they see during a game which was obvious to everyone.
    Ignoring or dismissing all input from players is just stupid.
    This team was successful inspite of the mismanagement of the players and game time decision making by the coaches. In game adjustments were rare. And we all saw our OC run the same plays over and over even when those plays failed time and time again. Cam ignored his assistant coaches upstairs and players recommendations during the game.
    One of the first times I heard Cam finally take a suggestion was when Boldin yelled at him on the sideline during the San Diego game. Cam was completely surprised that the Chargers were sitting on their routes because they KNEW what the Ravens were running! Boldin had to tell him. Meanwhile anyone watching the game already had known that for years. Plus the Steelers did something different and shut Torrey down...no adjustments on our part...Chargers watched the tape and LEARNED and ran the same defense. These are the kinds of things we see during a game and talk about ad nauseum afterwards...and it turns out it was all true.
    It makes me ill.

Blog Entries

But it looks like Harbaugh WASN'T letting "the inmates run the asylum". He wasn't caving to the players...instead, when his BOSS said "you need to fire Cam", he tried to find ways to protect him until finally running out of excuses.

I do have to wonder if Harbaugh burned some of his "character capital" with Steve B by protecting Cam. I'm betting Steve B isn't too thrilled that Harbaugh tried to keep Cam in employ, and it netter only worse results. That there could take his coaching job from soundly secure to starting to be questioned.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It was overdue.

People grumble about the timing and it may be that putting in Caldwell, who has never been an OC before, with three weeks to go is not going to be a big change. Or maybe it will be a change for the worse.

It was a roll of the dice that the likelihood of improvement, however great, outweighed the possibility of deterioration or remaining at the status quo.

It was a risky play, like throwing underneath on a 4th and 29.

Sometimes risks pay off, sometimes they don't. I'm inclined not to judge too harshly, except to say that it was overdue.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    But it looks like Harbaugh WASN'T letting "the inmates run the asylum". He wasn't caving to the players...instead, when his BOSS said "you need to fire Cam", he tried to find ways to protect him until finally running out of excuses.

I do have to wonder if Harbaugh burned some of his "character capital" with Steve B by protecting Cam. I'm betting Steve B isn't too thrilled that Harbaugh tried to keep Cam in employ, and it netter only worse results. That there could take his coaching job from soundly secure to starting to be questioned.
    +1
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap