Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Some Inside Info

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    They got those guys 4 seasons ago. There is no excuse for not having somebody in the wings ready to take over for birk by now and they should have known after 2010 that oher wasnt the answer at LT. Also, oher was drafted to play RT. We had gaither at the time and decosta said that with oher at RT and gaither at LT, we had our bookends for the future. They should have looked for another LT after gaither had his meltdown.
    SO who do you think we could have got then? Please tell me, because we never had any cap room to sign a LT, and where never in position to get us a franchise LT. We did sign Bryant McKinnie too.

The only mistake they made was not address the C posistion by re signing Matt Birk. Who knows anyway? Maybe Gino has something that the coaches REALLY liked, and have access to tape on him that WE don't have.

Blog Entries

Yea you right leach, there were absolutely no options whatsover to bring in a C or LT, LOL. Hindsight is 20/20 but they still should have had somebody at least ready to step in for birk by now. 2010 draft alone, they would have been better off taking a C than kindle/cody/dickson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Yea you right leach, there were absolutely no options whatsover to bring in a C or LT, LOL. Hindsight is 20/20 but they still should have had somebody at least ready to step in for birk by now. 2010 draft alone, they would have been better off taking a C than kindle/cody/dickson.
    That's up for another discussion on who the Ravens should have drafted instead.

The Ravens could have drafted Clay Matthews in the 09 draft with the first round picked, and then Sebastien Vollmer in the second round who is now a really solid right tackle for NE. Then in 2010 we could have drafted Grontkowski in the first round, and Jarred Veldheer in the second.

Already you have the book end tackles that Decosta always wanted in Vollmer and Veldheer who are both great tackles, one of the best pass rushers in the game, and the best TE in the game. I also really wanted Wisniewski who Oakland also drafted in the 2011 draft with their second round pick, he has already turned out to be a really solid center for them as expected, and could have sat behind Birk for a year and could have taken over in 2012.

But no team is ever that lucky. I'm sure NE would have LOVED to have got Webb when they look back on it, and would have given anything up to go back to 08 and draft Ray Rice. That's the beauty of the NFL draft, it truly is the dictator of how good an NFL team becomes in the future in the cap era. it's why it's the best sport in the world to watch, and certainly one of the most competitive games to watch.

Blog Entries

No doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I heard Ray Lewis could potentially be a LB coach if he wanted to do it.
    Lewis has gone through some extremes to be able to come back and play for the playoffs. Given what I've heard he's had to go through, it likely means that he's done after this season. He poses a threat to the Ravens cap and I'm sure the team doesn't want to have that awkward conversation with him at the end of the season.

Lewis retiring is pretty much a given at this point.

As far as coaching goes, I highly doubt that'll be the case. He's going to walk away from the game, not because he thinks he can still play, but because he wants to watch his son play at Miami. Given the schedules coaches have to adhere to, there won't be a chance to make both of those things happen.

Later on down the road, sure, it's a possibility but as I was speaking with Tony Lombardi about last night, his calling is for something greater. Not that coaching isn't something he'd be great at, there is something a person like Lewis could do greater than just being a coach.

Thanks for sharing the info about Cameron though, there is no doubt I'm sure kids took it out on his son... no matter what private institution he's in.