Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Just adds some credibility to what I said about reed and ray being gone next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...ons-chip-kelly

Ravens stalwarts and expected future Hall of Famers Ray Lewis and Ed Reed have spent their entire careers in Baltimore, anchoring what has long been a dominant defense, but their time with the team could be ending. "It could end up being a lot sooner than later," as one team source put it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Some Inside Info

It's like the defense is playing with ten guys out there at times. It has to be frustrating for the front office to watch.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That's the 3rd article I've seen that references a possibility of the Ravens tagging Ed Reed next year. I just don't think that's viable at all. IF he is back, I think it will be a new 'friendly' contract. All signs point to him getting paid better at another club if he wants to play next year.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    No way would the ravens give the franchise tag to reed. If anyone gets the tag it'll be flacco for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Re: Some Inside Info

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Meanwhile Moeller is doing what as an offensive line coach?
    Thing is, our O-Line has looked fairly decent when the starters have all been available and healthy. It's when we have to play our backups that it all goes to hell.

But look at who the backups have been: Oneil Cousins (ugh), Mark LeVoir (ugh), Tony Moll (meh), Bryan Mattison (now backup DE for KC), washed up Andre Gurode (out of NFL now), and washed up Bobby Williams (will be out of NFL next year).

We knew Grubbs wasn't returning, and although we tried to replace him with a quality free agent, none of them would sign with us, so we had to settle for Bobby Williams who was decent enough in his prime, but between age and injuries he's a shell of himself now.

Our LG situation without Grubbs is now so unsettled that ProFootballReference doesn't even try to decide on who should be considered our starter:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...starters::none

How much of that can you put on Moeller?
    Grubbs and Yanda are/were Pro Bowlers, Birk can't handle the bull rush but that's because he's 36, Osemele looked pretty good until he nearly broke his ankle against the Texans, Oher is built to be a guard but he's playing tackle, and Reid is built to play tackle but he's playing guard.

Unless Moeller is endorsing the idea that Oher and Reid are playing their natural positions or that Birk isn't on his last legs, then I think the bulk of the blame should go to our FO for neglecting to improve the depth of our O-line through the draft: I realize you can't have pro bowlers as backups, but c'mon man, Oneil Freakin' Cousins was here for 3 years. And Bryan Mattison for 2 years (who's now playing DEFENSE for KC). In that time, we could've been developing some young talent to be solid backups or even starters.

Blog Entries

I agree perpbored-

Everybody likes to blame moeller, as if a couple dui's is an indictment on his ability to coach up the Oline, but the truth is, we have a 5th year franchise QB who is getting killed in the pocket because the FO has failed build even a halfway decent line in front of him. The line is always the biggest question mark going into the season and it always ends up a patchwork unit. You would think by now they would have addressed it, hell even the steelers have tried to put one together with a bunch of high draft picks. There is really no excuse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I agree perpbored-

Everybody likes to blame moeller, as if a couple dui's is an indictment on his ability to coach up the Oline, but the truth is, we have a 5th year franchise QB who is getting killed in the pocket because the FO has failed build even a halfway decent line in front of him. The line is always the biggest question mark going into the season and it always ends up a patchwork unit. You would think by now they would have addressed it, hell even the steelers have tried to put one together with a bunch of high draft picks. There is really no excuse for it.
    With a non escalating salary cap, all teams cant place a 5 man quality oline, it's just to cost prehibitive. You have to spread your financial resources around to other areas of your team. They key is having the QB getting rid of the ball quickly and having a OC that can use both long, short and intermediate routes effectively and occassionly moving the pocket around. Cam never got that. If you watch the Broncos or Pats most passes are very short, with an occasional long one. Lots of pics and rubs are used..Broncos use more illegal picks of any team I have seen, but are getting away with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    With a non escalating salary cap, all teams cant place a 5 man quality oline, it's just to cost prehibitive. You have to spread your financial resources around to other areas of your team. They key is having the QB getting rid of the ball quickly and having a OC that can use both long, short and intermediate routes effectively and occassionly moving the pocket around. Cam never got that. If you watch the Broncos or Pats most passes are very short, with an occasional long one. Lots of pics and rubs are used..Broncos use more illegal picks of any team I have seen, but are getting away with it.
    That is true. A QB who gets rid of the ball quickly does more for his own pass protection than any o-lineman can.

Great Observation. Completely agree here.

Blog Entries

Good post. I agree with what you are saying but i still feel like the ravens have dropped the ball, especially at LT and C.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Good post. I agree with what you are saying but i still feel like the ravens have dropped the ball, especially at LT and C.
    How? They drafted Michael Oher to be the LT, and made an attempt to get Flacco their franchise LT, it just happens that Oher isn't that good at LT.

They signed Matt Birk in 09 who was one of the best FA centers on the market at the time, and he gave us three solid seasons. I do think they made a mistake resigning him though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How? They drafted Michael Oher to be the LT, and made an attempt to get Flacco their franchise LT, it just happens that Oher isn't that good at LT.

They signed Matt Birk in 09 who was one of the best FA centers on the market at the time, and he gave us three solid seasons. I do think they made a mistake resigning him though.
    They got those guys 4 seasons ago. There is no excuse for not having somebody in the wings ready to take over for birk by now and they should have known after 2010 that oher wasnt the answer at LT. Also, oher was drafted to play RT. We had gaither at the time and decosta said that with oher at RT and gaither at LT, we had our bookends for the future. They should have looked for another LT after gaither had his meltdown.