Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Some Inside Info

With all the constant loving they give him, I would put money on NFL Network employing Ray as an analyst. Tbh, I don't he'd be very good.

In re the OP... not that I think all that much of Hensley's opinion on anything, but it was interesting to hear him call Norv Turner to Baltimore as an OC a "pipe dream."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...wn-pipe-dreams

Wonder if that's just his feeling or if he knows something?

Blog Entries

Speaking of inside info. with the way the past 3 weeks have gone, the inside info I want to hear about is on the prospects, what is the word on the development guys (p-squad) if any..
    Tommy Streeter improving, hoping he is not another Justin Harper tall guy. At 6'6 he could provide a big spark. Hamilton a pass stud or what. I know not much comes out on the IR guys but McAdoo, McBean, Webbie, how are these guys recovery? We need these guys for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    In re the OP... not that I think all that much of Hensley's opinion on anything, but it was interesting to hear him call Norv Turner to Baltimore as an OC a "pipe dream."

Off topic, but Jesus, Hensley sounds like a really sarcastic asshole in that chat. I just imagine him with this horribly nasally voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Neither is playing at a level that supports their salaries. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut or have their contracts renegotiated downward.

Flacco will be back in 2013, hopefully under a fair contract than franchised.
    Completely agree. Just look at the number of games Ray has missed over the past 2 years. I love the man, but his age is really starting to catch up with him. IMO, it would be best to move on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

I don't really buy that. FWIW, they were throwing Norv's name around as a potential coordinator. Does it mean he's definitely going to be the OC? no but I think they are interested in him at least. I guess it's going to depend how they finish out this year. The word I got though is that they are going to blow up the coaching staff at least on the offensive side. They did tell Wilbert Montgomery that he's safe though. They really like Montgomery and want to keep him on the staff running back coach or not.

I always thought Ray would go into coaching with his love of the game, maybe even back at the U. I'm sure he's high-profile enough to go to tv if he wants.
    I wonder if there's a chance Reed ends up in NY playing for Rex? I'm sure he'll land somewhere if he wants another year.
    I always thought Reid and Harewell were both projects, and maybe Osemele too. I do think Oher is a legit NFL tackle, albeit not top-tier.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I always thought Ray would go into coaching with his love of the game, maybe even back at the U. I'm sure he's high-profile enough to go to tv if he wants.
    I wonder if there's a chance Reed ends up in NY playing for Rex? I'm sure he'll land somewhere if he wants another year.
    I always thought Reid and Harewell were both projects, and maybe Osemele too. I do think Oher is a legit NFL tackle, albeit not top-tier.
    I'm not so sure Rex is in NY next year. I could see it going either way.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post

Off topic, but Jesus, Hensley sounds like a really sarcastic asshole in that chat. I just imagine him with this horribly nasally voice.
    Thats because he is.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Thats because he is.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Meanwhile Moeller is doing what as an offensive line coach?
    Drinking again, presumably...

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Neither [Reed or Lewis] is playing at a level that supports their salaries. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut or have their contracts renegotiated downward.Flacco will be back in 2013, hopefully under a fair contract than franchised.
    It hurts, but someday the time comes for everyone to leave. A lot of ball carriers already know they can hurdle Reed in the open field. What will be hard to let go will be their leadership on things like film study and their "on-field brain trust." Ray would have a lot of credibility w/ players as an asst. coach, but I wonder if it would really engage him.

The posters that say Joe is in part probably adjusting to his new family roles may be on to something. Whatever the case, he'll be back in 2013, hopefully not at the franchise tag price for QB. The organization has left itself no viable option. Flacco has only been truly godawful during this recent losing streak. Winning the next 2 & advancing a round in Festivus would help fans & FO remember that.