Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Some Inside Info

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    That's what getting married and having a kid will do to you. Turning Flacco into a "family man."
    I think this is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    That's what getting married and having a kid will do to you. Turning Flacco into a "family man."
    I had actually seriously wondered about that. Having a new youngin can be distracting. Even if his wife is doing most of heavy lifting during the season, you still want to be involved, and god forbid if there's health issues even if it seems unlikely cause no one knows and no one is immune just cause they play in the NFL.

iggyman555 Guest

i was thinking, when we get a new OC in the offseason is caldwell fine being demoted/moved back to qb coach, or is he going to try to get a hc job?...

If I were to bet, I'd think Caldwell gets retained as QB coach and steps back from his "interim position."
    Unless of course the ravens start lighting it up and get to the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There's no way the FO has already made a decision about Ray and Ed
    Neither is playing at a level that supports their salaries. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut or have their contracts renegotiated downward.

Flacco will be back in 2013, hopefully under a fair contract than franchised.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I think the die is cast for Ray and Ed. I'm guessing Ray retires, and Ed goes elsewhere as a FA, probably for a lot less money than he thinks he's worth. Maybe he retires. But he won't swallow his pride and come back here.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I think the die is cast for Ray and Ed. I'm guessing Ray retires, and Ed goes elsewhere as a FA, probably for a lot less money than he thinks he's worth. Maybe he retires. But he won't swallow his pride and come back here.
    Agreed. The Ravens are going to be in rebuilding mode next year, so not much chance to get a ring. The Ravens won't have much cap room, so they will want him to take a lot less money then he has been making. Combine that with the fact that it really appears that he doesn't care much for the Ravens coaching staff, and you can see Ed and the Ravens parting ways at the end of this season.

When Ray retires, I think he ends up acting. He's pretty good at it (Madden, Old Spice).

Commentating on a studio show could be a possibility, too.

Blog Entries

Ray has NFL analyst written all over him.

ESPN or NFL Network or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

ray stated when he's done with football he is done, he is walking away because he knew he gave it his all. that means no coaching or anything of that matter.

Blog Entries

I'm not sold on Ray being cut, asked to take a pay cut Yes and at this point in his career he might. Ray just really wants another Ring. They will bring Ray in and it will either work or he will retire, you don't just cut the face of Defensive football in the NFL or the face of the franchise for the past 15 years like some cheap whore. Something professional will be worked out, hopefully they part with McClain as iwell, Ray produces better than that guy at age 37

I think Ray is going to retire, watch his son play, and helicopter around in hopes that he can prevent junior from making too many bad decisions.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver