Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Some Inside Info

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    In re the OP... not that I think all that much of Hensley's opinion on anything, but it was interesting to hear him call Norv Turner to Baltimore as an OC a "pipe dream."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...wn-pipe-dreams

Wonder if that's just his feeling or if he knows something?
    Off topic, but Jesus, Hensley sounds like a really sarcastic asshole in that chat. I just imagine him with this horribly nasally voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Neither is playing at a level that supports their salaries. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut or have their contracts renegotiated downward.

Flacco will be back in 2013, hopefully under a fair contract than franchised.
    Completely agree. Just look at the number of games Ray has missed over the past 2 years. I love the man, but his age is really starting to catch up with him. IMO, it would be best to move on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    In re the OP... not that I think all that much of Hensley's opinion on anything, but it was interesting to hear him call Norv Turner to Baltimore as an OC a "pipe dream."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...wn-pipe-dreams

Wonder if that's just his feeling or if he knows something?
    I don't really buy that. FWIW, they were throwing Norv's name around as a potential coordinator. Does it mean he's definitely going to be the OC? no but I think they are interested in him at least. I guess it's going to depend how they finish out this year. The word I got though is that they are going to blow up the coaching staff at least on the offensive side. They did tell Wilbert Montgomery that he's safe though. They really like Montgomery and want to keep him on the staff running back coach or not.

I always thought Ray would go into coaching with his love of the game, maybe even back at the U. I'm sure he's high-profile enough to go to tv if he wants.
    I wonder if there's a chance Reed ends up in NY playing for Rex? I'm sure he'll land somewhere if he wants another year.
    I always thought Reid and Harewell were both projects, and maybe Osemele too. I do think Oher is a legit NFL tackle, albeit not top-tier.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I always thought Ray would go into coaching with his love of the game, maybe even back at the U. I'm sure he's high-profile enough to go to tv if he wants.
    I wonder if there's a chance Reed ends up in NY playing for Rex? I'm sure he'll land somewhere if he wants another year.
    I always thought Reid and Harewell were both projects, and maybe Osemele too. I do think Oher is a legit NFL tackle, albeit not top-tier.
    I'm not so sure Rex is in NY next year. I could see it going either way.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post

Off topic, but Jesus, Hensley sounds like a really sarcastic asshole in that chat. I just imagine him with this horribly nasally voice.
    Thats because he is.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Thats because he is.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Meanwhile Moeller is doing what as an offensive line coach?
    Drinking again, presumably...

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Neither [Reed or Lewis] is playing at a level that supports their salaries. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut or have their contracts renegotiated downward.Flacco will be back in 2013, hopefully under a fair contract than franchised.
    It hurts, but someday the time comes for everyone to leave. A lot of ball carriers already know they can hurdle Reed in the open field. What will be hard to let go will be their leadership on things like film study and their "on-field brain trust." Ray would have a lot of credibility w/ players as an asst. coach, but I wonder if it would really engage him.

The posters that say Joe is in part probably adjusting to his new family roles may be on to something. Whatever the case, he'll be back in 2013, hopefully not at the franchise tag price for QB. The organization has left itself no viable option. Flacco has only been truly godawful during this recent losing streak. Winning the next 2 & advancing a round in Festivus would help fans & FO remember that.

Blog Entries
    Just adds some credibility to what I said about reed and ray being gone next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...ons-chip-kelly

Ravens stalwarts and expected future Hall of Famers Ray Lewis and Ed Reed have spent their entire careers in Baltimore, anchoring what has long been a dominant defense, but their time with the team could be ending. "It could end up being a lot sooner than later," as one team source put it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It's like the defense is playing with ten guys out there at times. It has to be frustrating for the front office to watch.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

That's the 3rd article I've seen that references a possibility of the Ravens tagging Ed Reed next year. I just don't think that's viable at all. IF he is back, I think it will be a new 'friendly' contract. All signs point to him getting paid better at another club if he wants to play next year.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    No way would the ravens give the franchise tag to reed. If anyone gets the tag it'll be flacco for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Meanwhile Moeller is doing what as an offensive line coach?
    Thing is, our O-Line has looked fairly decent when the starters have all been available and healthy. It's when we have to play our backups that it all goes to hell.

But look at who the backups have been: Oneil Cousins (ugh), Mark LeVoir (ugh), Tony Moll (meh), Bryan Mattison (now backup DE for KC), washed up Andre Gurode (out of NFL now), and washed up Bobby Williams (will be out of NFL next year).

We knew Grubbs wasn't returning, and although we tried to replace him with a quality free agent, none of them would sign with us, so we had to settle for Bobby Williams who was decent enough in his prime, but between age and injuries he's a shell of himself now.

Our LG situation without Grubbs is now so unsettled that ProFootballReference doesn't even try to decide on who should be considered our starter:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...starters::none

How much of that can you put on Moeller?
    Grubbs and Yanda are/were Pro Bowlers, Birk can't handle the bull rush but that's because he's 36, Osemele looked pretty good until he nearly broke his ankle against the Texans, Oher is built to be a guard but he's playing tackle, and Reid is built to play tackle but he's playing guard.

Unless Moeller is endorsing the idea that Oher and Reid are playing their natural positions or that Birk isn't on his last legs, then I think the bulk of the blame should go to our FO for neglecting to improve the depth of our O-line through the draft: I realize you can't have pro bowlers as backups, but c'mon man, Oneil Freakin' Cousins was here for 3 years. And Bryan Mattison for 2 years (who's now playing DEFENSE for KC). In that time, we could've been developing some young talent to be solid backups or even starters.

Blog Entries

I agree perpbored-

Everybody likes to blame moeller, as if a couple dui's is an indictment on his ability to coach up the Oline, but the truth is, we have a 5th year franchise QB who is getting killed in the pocket because the FO has failed build even a halfway decent line in front of him. The line is always the biggest question mark going into the season and it always ends up a patchwork unit. You would think by now they would have addressed it, hell even the steelers have tried to put one together with a bunch of high draft picks. There is really no excuse for it.