Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Some Inside Info

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    He's young.
    AND a punter.
    That is a recipe for disaster.
    I wonder how much they payin that cat to warm the coffee pot?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    thats why they are not doing a big role yet...

Every team does this
    Agreed. It's what "special" assistants and offensive and defensive assistants do.

If anyone watched the "Cleveland 95", A Football Life on NFLN, guys like Savage, Dimitroff, Magini and Pioli talked about how they broke in and it was doing exactly those kinds of jobs.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I really have doubts about bringing in Turner to be the OC. Not sure why. I think in other situations he's a pretty good OC. I just don't think it'd be the right move here. Had my fill of Air Coryell, maybe. Looking for a more modern, WCO variation.

Blog Entries

I agree no more that style of ofense, we need someone who is creative, enegertic to come in a build an offense around Joe, use his strengths and go from there, in the same breath, remeber RICE one of joes strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Because right now, Flacco needs help: his mechanics are a mess, and he's not as mentally sharp as he was early in the season.

He's not playing with the same confidence.
    That's what getting married and having a kid will do to you. Turning Flacco into a "family man."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    That's what getting married and having a kid will do to you. Turning Flacco into a "family man."

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Nope when the guy is that young and is trying to tell half of the guys that are his age and older what to do. Never goes well.

Hell I bitch and moan when it goes well so on you!
    Eh, I still think you're reaching. Every team has young gopher assistants.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Meanwhile Moeller is doing what as an offensive line coach?

Well, let's look at that for a second. Williams and Birk are done, no amount of coaching is going to help them. Yanda was fine, but he's hurt. Grubbs was fine last year before he left as a FA. Osemele I think has been average as a rookie at RT. Oher is average at best as a LT, maybe even below average. Harewood and Reid are bad. So are the struggles of guys like Oher, Harewood, and Reid a problem of bad coaching, playing out of position, or are they just missed draft picks?

Personally I think Oher is miscast as a T, he's built more like a guard. Reid has given them very little since being drafted, and Harewood was a project. I dunno, I'm on the fence about whether that's a coaching issue or a scouting failure. I'd tend to say a little of both.

Seems to me Moeller is mostly criticized because of his off the field issues. That doesn't really make him a good or a bad coach though.

Another thought I had. Is the o-line struggling because of bad technique (coaching) or just getting beat physically (age, scouting)? Seems to me it's more of the latter.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Well, let's look at that for a second. Williams and Birk are done, no amount of coaching is going to help them. Yanda was fine, but he's hurt. Grubbs was fine last year before he left as a FA. Osemele I think has been average as a rookie at RT. Oher is average at best as a LT, maybe even below average. Harewood and Reid are bad. So are the struggles of guys like Oher, Harewood, and Reid a problem of bad coaching, playing out of position, or are they just missed draft picks?

Personally I think Oher is miscast as a T, he's built more like a guard. Reid has given them very little since being drafted, and Harewood was a project. I dunno, I'm on the fence about whether that's a coaching issue or a scouting failure. I'd tend to say a little of both.

Seems to me Moeller is mostly criticized because of his off the field issues. That doesn't really make him a good or a bad coach though.

Another thought I had. Is the o-line struggling because of bad technique (coaching) or just getting beat physically (age, scouting)? Seems to me it's more of the latter.
    Meh, six of one and half a dozen of the other. It is likely a combination of both. But dumping Matsko for him, I'd want to see some improvement regardless of personnel, I don't see that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Meanwhile Moeller is doing what as an offensive line coach?
    Moeller is part of the Friends and Family Plan (as were Mattison and Cam).

Now that Cam is gone, it's too bad that Jim Zorn is in Kansas City. I think Flacco would benefit by having Zorn around again. Of course, the way KC has gone this year, maybe there's a possible shake-up brewing and Zorn would be available to coach Joe again.