Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Will Reed get suspended? I suspect so

I think it is almost a given after they "let him off the hook" last time. And I don't think it matters that we think the call was BS, I am sure the league will not.

I can't imagine it being more than a one game suspension, in which case Reed can just accept it and serve it in next week's meaningless game.

Re: Will Reed get suspended? I suspect so

Reed clearly came in with his shoulder. Ray Charles could see that and I will call BS if the league sees it any other way upon review.

Blog Entries

Doubtfull, it was a BS call and everyone knows it. Even the commentators said so from what I heard.

I really think the NFL needs to start holding ref's accountable.

Another TERRIBLE call by the officials could cost Reed a game check, that's just total BS. It was all shoulder. Then the block by Dickson was textbook and gets a 15 yard penalty?

I thought the same thing immediately when I saw the flag fly. He'll miss next week for sure. I would have to look at the play again, but as they're calling the rule this year, it was a legit penalty. He didn't lead with the head, and he didn't really make helmet-to-helmet contact, but the way they're calling it now you can't touch the receiver's head at all, even with your shoulderpads and even when it's the receiver's fault for lowering his head. Not saying I agree with it, but that's how they're calling it.

Real question should be why is he on the feild up 26 points with 4 minutes left?

Watched the replay several times. He CLEARLY leads with his shoulder, and turns his helmet away at the moment of impact.

But he also still clearly caught him in the lower right portion of the helmet with his shoulderpad, and the rules specifically state that it's illegal to: "Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder..."

As much as I'd like to think that common sense would prevail, and that the NFL would take into account that Reed is assuming an almost defensive posture, turns away from the contact, and hits Cruz exactly where the receiver's shoulderpads were a fraction of a second earlier, before Cruz turned his body and lowered his head slightly, sadly I think we all know what's really gonna happen.

All things considered, if we're going to lose Ed for 1 week, this is the best time for it

We should sit Ed regardless.
    Get him a LITTLE more healthy.
    Audition a replacement for him next year

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I think it is almost a given after they "let him off the hook" last time. And I don't think it matters that we think the call was BS, I am sure the league will not.

I can't imagine it being more than a one game suspension, in which case Reed can just accept it and serve it in next week's meaningless game.
    First thing I thought about when the flag came out. Yeah, one game max. Fine, suspend him one game, let him rest and get ready for the Playoffs!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    We should sit Ed regardless.
    Get him a LITTLE more healthy.
    Audition a replacement for him next year
    Honestly if ANY of our starters play more than a half next week the coaching staff are fools. We need the rest. And contrary to what they'll prob do, Ray NEEDS to play some next week. Don't just wait for the playoffs, he needs some snaps nxt week to get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Ray NEEDS to play some next week. Don't just wait for the playoffs, he needs some snaps nxt week to get back into it.
    Does it really matter now that Ellerbie is back? I'm just sayin'.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

i think when it comes to suspending a player the intent of the play is the determining role as that was the case when he was fined 50K vs 435K and one game. If a player clearly leans with his head he should be fined and possibly suspended but if he leans with his shoulder and tries to avoid the head he should not. No doubt it will get flagged but that should be it and I think they need to change the rule to allow for the refs to judge the palyers intent before throwing the flag because as it stands now any hit to a defenseless WRs head is a penelty and will be called.

OT: THE REFS CALLED A SHIT GAME ALL AROUND.