Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Some Inside Info

Hey guys, I just was privy to some inside info from a source that is a coach on the Ravens staff.

Supposedly Harbaugh is safe for right now. Norv Turner is a likely candidate to be the OC next year. He also said that Cameron would panic if he called a running play that went nowhere, and he'd throw out all the running plays and go straight pass. (We've seen it in the games). Confirmed that Cameron thought he was always right and nobody liked dealing with him. He also said that Cameron's son was getting hazed in school about Cameron's play calling. They offered Wilbert the OC job first, but he declined it. The FO told him he'd be guaranteed a job if they shook up the coaching staff. Also, look for a lot of coaching/player shakeup this offseason. The FO and coaches are unhappy with Flacco's play, but they want to bring him back. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are gone. I heard Ray Lewis could potentially be a LB coach if he wanted to do it.
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 12-19-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Some Inside Info

I'm hearing sources that Steve Biscotti is pissed with Harbaugh right now.

Go look at the coaches that are not the big names. Then look at the area they are from. Philly, NJ. That was the first 2 I looked at wow.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/coaches/Juney_Barnett/9cc25705-cd74-4ef4-83c0-e4cf308187c5

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...1-451486162fa2

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/...3-a258d8c4bfb0

The last one is a FAVORITE.

Matt Weiss began his NFL coaching career with the Ravens in 2009, spending three seasons as the head coach’s assistant. In February 2012, he was promoted to defensive quality control.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

''The FO and coaches are unhappy with Flacco's play, but they want to bring him back.''

That says to me, they want him back at the original deal they offered him. Not at the deal Flacco wanted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ''The FO and coaches are unhappy with Flacco's play, but they want to bring him back.''

That says to me, they want him back at the original deal they offered him. Not at the deal Flacco wanted.
    I didn't ask about the contract, but that would make sense to me. He mentioned they have a lot of holes to fill, so that would tell me that they don't want to give him a ton of $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Hey guys, I just was privy to some inside info from a source that is a coach on the Ravens staff.

Supposedly Harbaugh is safe for right now. Norv Turner is a likely candidate to be the OC next year. He also said that Cameron would panic if he called a running play that went nowhere, and he'd throw out all the running plays and go straight pass. (We've seen it in the games). Confirmed that Cameron thought he was always right and nobody liked dealing with him. He also said that Cameron's son was getting hazed in school about Cameron's play calling. lol They offered Wilbert the OC job first, but he declined it. The FO told him he'd be guaranteed a job if they shook up the coaching staff. Also, look for a lot of coaching/player shakeup this offseason. The FO and coaches are unhappy with Flacco's play, but they want to bring him back. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are gone. I heard Ray Lewis could potentially be a LB coach if he wanted to do it.
    So your source says "Ed Reed and Ray Lewis" are gone? Was he offering his opinion or did he state this as mostly "fact".
    Wilbert Montgomery was offered the OC position first? Hmmm. That's quite telling.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

And based on Flacco's up and down play the Ravens have all the leverage, if the season were to end today of course.

Blog Entries

You should ask your source if the coaches, front office, or players ever read this forum.

I'd actually be pretty interested in that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

It makes me happy to know that they offered Montgomery the job. If he turned it down, that's his own prerogative, but I'm happy the organization made that an option of theirs.

Blog Entries

So, if they bring on Norv Turner, or whoever else, are they going to keep Jim Caldwell?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

11. Re: Some Inside Info

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    So your source says "Ed Reed and Ray Lewis" are gone? Was he offering his opinion or did he state this as mostly "fact".
    Wilbert Montgomery was offered the OC position first? Hmmm. That's quite telling.
    It could be because they believed he was a better candidate for OC then Caldwell.

Or it could be that they wanted to keep Caldwell at QB coach because they felt that's where he could help Flacco the most.

Because right now, Flacco needs help: his mechanics are a mess, and he's not as mentally sharp as he was early in the season.

He's not playing with the same confidence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    It could be because they believed he was a better candidate for OC then Caldwell.

Or it could be that they wanted to keep Caldwell at QB coach because they felt that's where he could help Flacco the most.

Because right now, Flacco needs help: his mechanics are a mess, and he's not as mentally sharp as he was early in the season.

He's not playing with the same confidence.
    Or it could be that he's been here longer and is more familiar with Cameron's system and playbook.... IMO, that is the most likely reason.