Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Last time I checked, smart has nothing to do with the ability to tackle.
    Didn't say it did.

Blog Entries

it's kinda painful to see Ed take pore angles or get drug for 15-20yrds extra on a play. I aint saying Ed is all the way done, I think if Ed plays where he keeps his assignments he can still be a threat, but has bad as the defense is and probably will be he can't play like the ED Reed we knew.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    It will be the same offseason with Ed. If people think Ed is the problem they are crazy. I have been watching S play my whole life. He is actually having a good year. With shuffling Cb's and LB's and a very inconsistent pass rush he is masking alot of errors. It wasnt his fault, the 2 point conversion happened in Washington, blame the DC and LB's for not knowing the obvious. Ed is the smartest player on the WHOLE team. Plus, add to the fact the rules are so vague about where to hit someone.
    Smart doesn't tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Smart doesn't tackle.
    FREE SAFETIES arent supposed to make many tackles, if they do its a real bad sign of other problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Didn't say it did.
    Sorry, I was getting an X-ray on my hand and hit the wrong quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it's kinda painful to see Ed take pore angles or get drug for 15-20yrds extra on a play. I aint saying Ed is all the way done, I think if Ed plays where he keeps his assignments he can still be a threat, but has bad as the defense is and probably will be he can't play like the ED Reed we knew.
    ^^^this for thatVVV

FREE SAFETIES arent supposed to make many tackles, if they do its a real bad sign of other problems.
    Come on, did you just type that bullshit? Ronnie Lott was one of the most FEARED tacklers in the history of the NFL... and a free safety.

Reed would shit himself if Gronk were heading right at him. If a linebacker misses Gronk does that mean Ed get's a hall pass to let him by?

Stamp that Purple Card because you are blinded.

Blog Entries

Part of the job of being a safety is to make a saving tackle if the ball carrier made it past the front 7 and/or corners. I think it's a pretty big part of being a safety.

"Safeties are the last line of defense, and are thus expected to be sure tacklers. "

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    That would be a great move for Ed...and if IND wins the SB in 2014 and Ed got his ring, I'd be ecstatic (along as they didn't beat us along the way).
    I could live with that. What I would hate.. See him in a pittsburgh uniform.. him and troy and a healthy year for both of them, sigh.

I've been noticing stuff all year. I'm a Reed fan. But he's pulling from some tackles. Sometimes he really mixes it up and afterwards he lays there in pain. I don't want to see that either. He backs up a lot when the play comes his way. I think he's playing on pain meds. Unfortunately I think he'll retire early like Jonathan. But as much as it pains me I think it's time. Thank you Ed. You're a blessing to Baltimore. .

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I was talking about the OP, which is why I quoted it repeatedly. I missed what you said.

edit: Hmm, decaf. Maybe I will...
    You can call my original post hysteria all you'd like. Like you said, the words have the same practical effect, but do you think that I'd get as many people talking about a thread that had the title:

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    "I cannot see the FO giving in to his contract demands"
    The answer is no, no you wouldn't. It was meant to catch your attention and get people talking, which obviously...it caught your attention for several of your posts. I even say in my first post that "he's past his prime and needs to move on." So no, I am not being hysterical, I'm simply getting people to talk about it and get them a little riled up. I apparently succeeded after reading your posts.
    Last edited by CoverD; 12-19-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

I havent seed Ed miss a tackle to create a TD yet this season, his pick vs the Steelers should of salted that game away, but the Oline/OC gave the ball right back.

I havent seed Ed miss a tackle to create a TD yet this season, his pick vs the Steelers should of salted that game away, but the Oline/OC gave the ball right back.
    I'm sorry Boulderraven, but I don't know what games you are watching then. I could give you a little leeway on the TDs given up, but he's done that same "shove" tackle crap that Deion Sanders used to do toward the end of his career just about every time I've seen him try to take down a guy. Wrap him up if you're trying to tackle him.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    I'm sorry Boulderraven, but I don't know what games you are watching then. I could give you a little leeway on the TDs given up, but he's done that same "shove" tackle crap that Deion Sanders used to do toward the end of his career just about every time I've seen him try to take down a guy. Wrap him up if you're trying to tackle him.
    Actually, Deion Sanders was a better tackler at the end of his career then he was at the beginning. He was always shying way from contact in the early years. It wasn't until the last several years of his career, that he made it a point to be a better tackler because of the criticism he was receiving about him being a poor tackler.