Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 289 to 300 of 337
  1. #289
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money



    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Now hang on. There is being held back by the system he played in, and throwing ONE TOUCHDOWN in his rookie year. Flacco has gotten farther than, and has been better than Smith, even under the circumstances of the system.
    Not recently.

    Bring up what Smith did in his rookie seasons all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that RECENTLY Alex Smith has been better than Joe Flacco.




  2. #290
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,228
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens knew that Flacco's contract was coming up, and they knew Flacco would be asking for a ton of money. It would have been prudent to have a contingency plan in place. Flacco is not so good that the team should just ignore having a contingency plan. The Redskins drafted RG3 and Kirk Cousins. Brady still has at least 3 years left, but the Patriots drafted Ryan Mallet. The Ravens are sold on Flacco, but only at their price, not at Flacco's price. If Flacco doesn't lower his asking price, the Ravens will move on from him, as they should.
    How do you know this?

    Tony just wrote an article where he interviewed Bisciotti and when Tony asked who is most responsible for making POs 4 yrs in a row Bis said Flacco.

    Tony said he was so shocked it took 5 mins for it to sink in.

    Sounds to me like Bis is caving in already.

    Of course, that was before the Pissburgh game.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  3. #291

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Now hang on. There is being held back by the system he played in, and throwing ONE TOUCHDOWN in his rookie year. Flacco has gotten farther than, and has been better than Smith, even under the circumstances of the system.
    Eh... I see little reason to think Flacco would have been more successful in SF from 05-10 than Smith was. I see little reason to think any QB would have. From what I can tell, it looked like a much worse situation than having Cameron for an OC. Pretty much every QB in SF during those years abjectly failed.

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    However, you don't know that since Smith has not been as good as Flacco even with Flacco hamstrung by OL and coaching. So you are taking a step backwards thinking you might take a step forwards with a worse QB? I hope the FO doesn't think this way.
    Dude, I don't know anything for certain, and neither do you. We're just uselessly banging on keyboards because we clearly have nothing better to do today.

    However, on the subject of the O-line... Am I the only one who remembers that Smith got sacked nine times by the Ravens last Turkey Day? When's the last time Flacco was sacked nine times in one game? And Smith has benefited from a better O-line? Maybe this year...

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So........what does that say about Tom Brady then? He can't carry the Patriots on his shoulders to a Super Bowl?
    As I said somewhere else... teams win. I think Brady can carry just a wee bit more weight than Flacco, though...




  4. #292
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    How do you know this?

    Tony just wrote an article where he interviewed Bisciotti and when Tony asked who is most responsible for making POs 4 yrs in a row Bis said Flacco.

    Tony said he was so shocked it took 5 mins for it to sink in.

    Sounds to me like Bis is caving in already.

    Just saying ya know?
    Hey, it's his money. If he has that much faith in Flacco, then he should just cut that $100 million check and be done with it. Somehow, I think Bisciotti is a better businessman than that though.




  5. #293

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens knew that Flacco's contract was coming up, and they knew Flacco would be asking for a ton of money. It would have been prudent to have a contingency plan in place. Flacco is not so good that the team should just ignore having a contingency plan. The Redskins drafted RG3 and Kirk Cousins. Brady still has at least 3 years left, but the Patriots drafted Ryan Mallet. The Ravens are sold on Flacco, but only at their price, not at Flacco's price. If Flacco doesn't lower his asking price, the Ravens will move on from him, as they should.
    But that is just it. Not a single one of us knows how the organization really feels about Joe Flacco. Not even the people here who want to tell the rest of us how we should think about him (not saying you).

    This upcoming offseason will tell everything we need to know. Perhaps they DO think he is good enough not to need a contingency plan. And if that is the case, the deal gets done and all this is moot.

    OR, they franchise him and draft a Kaepernick-type QB. Then you know they only plan on keeping Joe long enough to get someone else ready.

    OR, they franchise him and stick with Tyrod Taylor, which means they will get a bigger deal done and just need the extra time to get cap space off the books in the coming year. Remember he wouldn't be the first Raven Ozzie has backed the truck up for that wasn't franchised for a year first.

    What Ozzie does after the season is over will tell us the future of Joe Flacco in Baltimore.




  6. #294
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    What Ozzie does after the season is over will tell us the future of Joe Flacco in Baltimore.
    Agreed. Time will tell.




  7. #295
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,341
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    How do you know this?

    Tony just wrote an article where he interviewed Bisciotti and when Tony asked who is most responsible for making POs 4 yrs in a row Bis said Flacco.

    Tony said he was so shocked it took 5 mins for it to sink in.

    Sounds to me like Bis is caving in already.

    Of course, that was before the Pissburgh game.
    In public I think you always give credit to the players; and to me that's all he was doing. No different than in business
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #296
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Great post.

    So how much do you give JOe?
    That's the million dollar question.

    If it were up to me, i'd put an offer on the table for 6 years for 90 million dollars, that is backloaded so we can afford to bring in some players to improve this team. Guaranteed around 35 million. If he declined that, I'd really be wondering if he's worth the franchise tag at all (14 odd million).

    With that said, Ozzie and co knows much more than I do and anybody on this board (even though this board is pretty damn savvy about football and the way it works).




  9. #297

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Back in 2008, Stevie was in love with Ryan so much that he was willing to trade half the draft to get him. Ozzie talked him off the ledge and convinced him that Flacco was the better pick (equal value/potential for less cost/picks). Since then Stevie has grown to love Flacco. I don't think he will, but if Ryan wins the SB this year, Stevie's gonna need to get away for awhile.




  10. #298
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,228
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Back in 2008, Stevie was in love with Ryan so much that he was willing to trade half the draft to get him. Ozzie talked him off the ledge and convinced him that Flacco was the better pick (equal value/potential for less cost/picks). Since then Stevie has grown to love Flacco. I don't think he will, but if Ryan wins the SB this year, Stevie's gonna need to get away for awhile.
    I didn't know that and I thought I read everything on the draft but it adds up to what DeCosta told us at Nest 1.

    He said even if Ryan were still on the board I'm not sure we would have drafted him because of all the work my staff and I did on Flacco.

    Bingo!

    When Aaron Wilson spoke to us before that he said if Ryan is there make no mistake about, Ravens will take him. You don't see his eyes light up every time he talks about Ryan. We do.

    Then again, Ozzie is the master bluffer. Never play poker with him.

    I told Aaron that if everyone and his cousin says we're getting Ryan, than it's someone else. Bingo again!

    And look who has the most playoff wins and is only a couple dropped balls from a couple of SBs while Ryan is just about nil in the POs.

    He might make it this year to SB but it took him 5 years to pass Joe while their stats are similar or were before this season started and that's with superior receivers like Roddy White.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  11. #299
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I didn't know that and I thought I read everything on the draft but it adds up to what DeCosta told us at Nest 1.

    He said even if Ryan were still on the board I'm not sure we would have drafted him because of all the work my staff and I did on Flacco.

    Bingo!

    When Aaron Wilson spoke to us before that he said if Ryan is there make no mistake about, Ravens will take him. You don't see his eyes light up every time he talks about Ryan. We do.

    Then again, Ozzie is the master bluffer. Never play poker with him.

    I told Aaron that if everyone and his cousin says we're getting Ryan, than it's someone else. Bingo again!

    And look who has the most playoff wins and is only a couple dropped balls from a couple of SBs while Ryan is just about nil in the POs.

    He might make it this year to SB but it took him 5 years to pass Joe while their stats are similar or were before this season started and that's with superior receivers like Roddy White.
    Matt Ryan has it easy down in Atlanta, he's got a QB paradise. I'm not sure if there is any QB that has it better than him. Two amazing athletes to throw to, a HOF TE, a very good group of backs, solid Oline, a solid defense, and a nice warm dome to play in. On top of all that, the defenses in his division are about as soft as you can get.

    But hey, Matt Ryan will never win a SB, and Flacco will never become elite, you know why? The world is gonna end soon, supposedly lol.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 12-20-2012 at 10:30 PM.




  12. #300
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,157
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

    Matt Ryan has it easy down in Atlanta, he's got a QB paradise. I'm not sure if there is any QB that has it better than him. Nice warm dome, two amazing athletes to throw to, a HOF TE, a very good group of backs, solid Oline, a solid defense, and a nice warm dome to play in. On top of all that, the defenses in his division are about as soft as you can get.

    But hey, Matt Ryan will never win a SB, and Flacco will never become elite, you know why? The world is gonna end soon, supposedly lol.
    Just tossing this out there, but it is already the 21st where you are across the pond.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland