Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco's perfromance, contract and future

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Teams will only be lining up if Flacco is asking for something reasonable. If he is still looking for top 5 money the list of teams that will pay him that will be very short, if any.
    :word

I really don't get why everyone thinks that, I'd be willing to guess that maybe only the Cards and the Bills would pay him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    These are the teams that I think would dump the QB they have in favor of Flacco. Flacco would only need one of them to be willing to overpay him. Still, It is a big gamble to overpay Flacco, therby hamstringing your cap for years to come.

Definately
    Jets
    Bills
    Browns
    Jags
    Chiefs
    Raiders
    Eagles
    Cardinals

Probably
    Titans
    Vikings

Maybe
    Bucs
    That's pretty much the same list I'd come up with (with the modifications that iggyman555 added). But the thing is...it's not a real pretty list, if truth be told. What I'd thought last year was that if Schaub continued to get hurt and not make it through a full season, the best possible scenario would be for Joe to go to the Texans. Or possibly the 49ers. But now that Schaub seems to have gotten over the injury bug, and Kaepernick has emerged, those two options seem to no longer be options. Of that list, MAYBE the Viks is the best option. But most of them are really lost causes, IMO. Especially the Eagles. They're going to be going through some major changes, and they weren't THAT great before. Maybe the Cards are the lesser of all the evils. I don't know; I don't follow them at all.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    :word

I really don't get why everyone thinks that, I'd be willing to guess that maybe only the Cards and the Bills would pay him that much.
    It only takes one team to sign him. And I'd imagine after the last couple years Larry Fitzgerald would be breaking down Rod Graves door to get him there if Flacco hit the open market.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It only takes one team to sign him. And I'd imagine after the last couple years Larry Fitzgerald would be breaking down Rod Graves door to get him there if Flacco hit the open market.
    Have you seen Arizona's Oline just out of interest? It's three times worse than ours. If they want to offer Flacco big money, they are going to have to get him a LT first, if they have any chance on getting value for 100 million $.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Have you seen Arizona's Oline just out of interest? It's three times worse than ours. If they want to offer Flacco big money, they are going to have to get him a LT first, if they have any chance on getting value for 100 million $.
    They have Levi Brown and Lyle Sendlein on IR... Sendlein is a pretty good center, Levi Brown is not good at all at LT but he could move inside to guard or RT. I know they drafted a couple of young tackles, Bobby Massie and Nate Potter, I liked both of those guys in the last draft.

They are drafting 11th and could also easily grab one of the top tackles. Getting their injured guys back and possibly grabbing a new LT should dramatically improve their OL next year. They have one of the top 3 WRs in the game, a highly drafted and very physical young WR in Michael Floyd, and a good backfield duo.

Bottom line is that Joe Flacco would probably make Arizona into a wild card contender at a minimum in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And what do you think the next HC of New York will be asking Mike Tannenbaum?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    They have Levi Brown and Lyle Sendlein on IR... Sendlein is a pretty good center, Levi Brown is not good at all at LT but he could move inside to guard or RT. I know they drafted a couple of young tackles, Bobby Massie and Nate Potter, I liked both of those guys in the last draft.

They are drafting 11th and could also easily grab one of the top tackles. Getting their injured guys back and possibly grabbing a new LT should dramatically improve their OL next year. They have one of the top 3 WRs in the game, a highly drafted and very physical young WR in Michael Floyd, and a good backfield duo.

Bottom line is that Joe Flacco would probably make Arizona into a wild card contender at a minimum in 2013.
    Agreed, the Cards also have a really good underrated defense. Joe would be a good fit for them, I'm not sure if he'll ever be able to deliver them a SB though.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

In the same division with what looks like a pair of very solid teams (both now and in the short-term future) in Seattle and SF? Maybe, but I'd put money on Arizona being the third best team in that division, at best... particularly since they will also be getting a new coach/system and have growing pains associated with that. I'd not bet against Fisher getting the Rams into pretty good position by next year too.

NFC West has the best division record this year, and it doesn't look like they're going to slow down anytime soon. Pretty drastic turnaround for a division that was won by a 7-9 team a couple of years ago.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    And what do you think the next HC of New York will be asking Mike Tannenbaum?
    tannenbaum will be gone before rexy

Blog Entries

We lose all these guys if Joe signs for $17M???

I'm just asking. Someone posted this on another board. I'm not a cap expert but would like to hear from some of our guys that are, especially RAVOR.

Is Joe asking for $17M and if he is, exactly who do we lose if not these guys or is there a way to know now?

I did the research and it is ugly. If we got rid of Birk, Reed, Ray, and Q and a couple of others, we would have about $17 million of cap room.

Sign Flacco for $17 M a year and we're done! Of course, that means Ellerbe, Cary Williams, and Kruger walk. So, we need 2 ILB, a CB, a S, and a DE just to get back to even. Plus we need a LT/LG, C, a blocking TE, and someone to rush the passer opposite Suggs. I think J. Smith, Asa Jackson, and Graham can replace Cary. So, we may just need the other positions in the draft. Sign Flacco for $13 M and we can probably keep Ellerbe, or let McClain go and sign Flacco for $15 M.

Blog Entries

This is what Matt Schaub signed for this past September, and this is basically the contract I would offer Flacco if I were Ozzie and Bisciotti:

9/9/2012: Signed a five-year, $66.15 million contract. The deal contains $29.15 million guaranteed -- a $17.5 million signing bonus and Schaub's base salaries in years one and two. 2012: $4.4 million, 2013: $7.25 million, 2014: $10 million (+ $1 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2015: $12.5 million (+ $1 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2016: $14.5 million (+ $1 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2017: Free Agent

If Flacco turned this offer down, then I would use the franchise tag on him and work out a trade. The Ravens are going to be in a rebuilding mode next year anyway.

Re: We lose all these guys if Joe signs for $17M???

And this needed to be a NEW thread?

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN