Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lol well I'm not the one who wants Flacco to go to another team and beat us. Always the team over the player, even if it is the QB.
    I agree if there is a legitimate option to make the team better. The Colts let Peyton walk because they knew they were going to draft Andrew Luck. The Ravens don't have an option like that.

The best way to make this team better is to get Flacco under a contract that makes sense and allows them to surround him with a good supporting cast. Plain and simple.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think 6 years around 12-13 mill per year is going to be close to what the contract is. That's about $72-78 million in total.

Guaranteed money...maybe $33-35 mill.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think 6 years around 12-13 mill per year is going to be close to what the contract is. That's about $72-78 million in total.

I would try to push the per/year down a lil more and bonus more.

11-12 or even 10 with escolators

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

You see, we are not on a different page at all. :D

I just hope that's what Flacco sees too, because it will allow us to keep a good QB who is a much better option than anything else out there this offseason, as well as saving some money so we can get some good players, maybe Brandon Alberts.

Blog Entries

I wonder if Flacco will be willing to backload his contract, because down the line we'll be in much better cap shape than we will be for the next two years.

I'm just doing what you guys are doing when you think I'm bashing Flacco, if you read half of what I post you will understand that I'm merely following what Ozzie famously says.

''Right player, right price''.

Flacco at 75 million is the right price, not over 100 million.
    So it's like I posted in another thread. You're okay with Joe at 75M but not over 100M:

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    So do all these 17 pages REALLY boil down to this:

Joe is fine at "X = Top 10-15" amount of dollars, but Joe is NOT fine at "Y = ELITE" amount of dollars?
    Actually, I don't have a problem with that. I just don't understand how/why this thing has spun so far out of control when it boils down to something as fundamentally simple as that.

Blog Entries

So it's like I posted in another thread. You're okay with Joe at 75M but not over 100M:

Actually, I don't have a problem with that. I just don't understand how/why this thing has spun so far out of control when it boils down to something so fundamentally simple as that.
    Because Flacco clearly asked for top 5 money, that's what this is about. Now, he may not be asking for that anymore, but why hasn't he accepted the original deal he was offered then?

Because Flacco clearly asked for top 5 money, that's what this is about. Now, he may not be asking for that anymore, but why hasn't he accepted the original deal he was offered then?
    Why should he? Would YOU accept an offer that's less than other teams would be willing to give you, especially given how the Ravens have dealt with Joe? (i.e. Sticking him with Cameron despite the OBVIOUS problems?!!) I think all this was really exacerbated when Zorn was let go. For the first time Joe expressed some real negative opinions, and it's just been smoldering ever since. This year was an important year in the Ravens-Joe negotiations, and I think the Ravens handled it very poorly because they chose to re-sign Cameron. Now there's probably going to be a price to pay for that decision.

If 5 doesn't realize that this team needs to reserve some loot to build a better front for him so that he can ultimately be successful then he's an idiot...and will be remembered (though easily forgotten outside the AFCN) as one of dozens of well-paid losers at the QB position.

He's smarter than that right?
    So he would favor a backloaded deal right?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    If 5 doesn't realize that this team needs to reserve some loot to build a better front for him so that he can ultimately be successful then he's an idiot...and will be remembered (though easily forgotten outside the AFCN) as one of dozens of well-paid losers at the QB position.

He's smarter than that right?
    So he would favor a backloaded deal right?
    Hmmmm...so he's an idiot for wanting to get as big a pay day as he can? Got it.

smh

smh
    I guess the idiot part would be if we do not have money to spend on the OLINE to protect him. He could be out pretty quick.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

smh
    No. And that's not even a good question in the context of what's being argued here and you know it.

Pretty much by definition he WILL get as big a pay day as he can get...all UFAs do. That's what "market" means. This is the QB position we're talking about...you know that position that's just about solely responsible for winning games. Winning.

If he doesn't want to win here then sure keep pressing the ceiling...and keep losing across most of your 5-6 years too b/c its going to take a few to construct a quality line through the Draft.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver