Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just tossing this out there, but it is already the 21st where you are across the pond. :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    According to all the conspiracy loonies it's supposed to be later today, so here I am sat here doing nothing on my night shift scrolling through my facebook feed reading all this crap about the end of the world lol. Still, I do remember a lot more people being worried about Y2K haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Not recently.

Bring up what Smith did in his rookie seasons all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that RECENTLY Alex Smith has been better than Joe Flacco.
    O'rly? Which one is still starting for their team?

Hmmmmmm........

By the way you quoted me and bolded me saying Flacco has been better than Smith at every mark, and then say I'm only talking about his rookie seasons. This moving target of what is and isn't relevant data is frustrating.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 12-21-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Hmmmmmm........
    Such a blind comment lol, who do we have backing up Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Such a blind comment lol, who do we have backing up Joe?
    How is this relevant?. Why did Alex Smith lose his starting job a second time when you don't supposedly lose your job to injury?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmmmm........

By the way you quoted me and bolded me saying Flacco has been better than Smith at every mark, and then say I'm only talking about his rookie seasons. This moving target of what is and isn't relevant data is frustrating.
    What are you talking about? Nowhere in my post did I say you were only talking about his rookie season.

Here's my post:

Not recently.

Bring up what Smith did in his rookie seasons all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that RECENTLY Alex Smith has been better than Joe Flacco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How is this relevant?. Why did Alex Smith lose his starting job a second time when you don't supposedly lose your job to injury?
    Because in Smith's case, the backup has a higher ceiling than Smith does. And if there were a backup behind Flacco that had a higher ceiling than he has, you can rest assured Joe would be riding the pine as well. As would any other QB in the NFL with a more capable backup.

In fact, I'm really starting to question the FO's brightness on this issue. Everyone bashed the 'skins for taking Cousins, but after the Ravens and Browns games it looks pretty damn shrewd to me. Seattle took Wilson despite already giving Flynn a substantial contract in the offseason. Of course there's SF... and Brady going down for a year didn't stop the Pats from going 11-5 with a backup. There's other historical examples... Rodgers behind Favre, Young behind Montana...

Having a legitimate backup QB seems like a good idea in light of those examples. It probably also keeps a fire lit under your starter... something that Flacco's never had, because he knows he's the first, last, and only option in Baltimore.

Blog Entries
    The last time Flacco had a legitimate back up was Marc Bulger.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The last time Flacco had a legitimate back up was Marc Bulger.
    Who is another historical example--wasn't he backing up Warner in StL when the Rams were going to Super Bowls? However, not sure how much of a legitimate QB he was by 2010...

Blog Entries

I take it Logan Thomas is going back for his senior year? He had such a terrible year, he could have been a top 10 pick this year had he elevated his play. I was wondering if he did somehow declare, we could take him in the 4th? He would be a decent backup to Flacco and someone we could look to develop if anything happens with Flacco, whether that be with his contract or whatever.

When he's on top of his game, he looks like Ben Reothlisberger, when he's not though, he looks like Jemarccuss Russell.

Also, regarding TJ Yates. Did he look better because of the system that Houston run? Or does he have something?

Also, regarding TJ Yates. Did he look better because of the system that Houston run? Or does he have something?
    Forgot all about that guy. I'd have to hop on NFLN for a few hours and check him out. I wasn't paying too much attention to his play last year. HOU's gonna slap a nice "competitive rival" premium on him for us though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I take it Logan Thomas is going back for his senior year? He had such a terrible year, he could have been a top 10 pick this year had he elevated his play. I was wondering if he did somehow declare, we could take him in the 4th? He would be a decent backup to Flacco and someone we could look to develop if anything happens with Flacco, whether that be with his contract or whatever.

When he's on top of his game, he looks like Ben Reothlisberger, when he's not though, he looks like Jemarccuss Russell.

Logan Thomas kind of sucks. I wouldn't want the Ravens to draft him at all. I'm tired of the Ravens going after QBs with incredible physical tools but nothing between the ears like Boller and Flacco. I've been scouting QB prospects like crazy hoping that the Ravens grab one in the middle rounds, and I want them to take an intelligent, ACCURATE, tough QB who can manage the game and play great under pressure.

So far, the best one I've scouted is Zac Dysert out of Miami (OH). I love the dude because he completely runs their offense, he makes checks and audibles at the line like an NFL QB, and he goes through NFL-style reads and progressions. His supporting cast is probably the worst in the entire FBS... go back and watch his tape vs. OSU that I believe I linked earlier in the thread. He plays in a spread so a lot of the passes are short but his accuracy and ability to throw his receivers open is really really impressive. I think he'd be a good fit in a WCO, he's also surprisingly athletic for his size, moves around really well in the pocket to buy time, he has a little Roethlisberger in him.

I'm trying to really look at QBs who don't get flustered under pressure and when things go wrong (tired of watching Flacco crumble into dust at the first sign of pressure). Dysert's WRs drop like 12 balls a game and his OL is horrible. Yet he just keeps plugging along and playing well despite it, kid has some major leadership skills as well. You should check him out.

I also like Ryan Nassib but he needs a lot of work with a QB guru. Aaron Murray is overrated but he could be a good pro, I have him rated as more of a 3rd round prospect but I think he'll go in the 2nd. Matt Barkley looks like he will fall into the 2nd, but I wouldn't touch a USC QB at all.

Blog Entries

Thanks Bmore, I will take a look at them, I don't watch much small school stuff.

So what do you think of TJ Yates btw?