Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    But can you win a SB with average play at the QB position? I think you can, Eli Manning did in 2008, Ben Roethlisberger did in 2006 and somewhat in 2009 too.

Yes offensive competence is important, but I'm not sure if you need an elite QB to have that. Either way, Flacco isn't an elite QB, and probably will never become one, but the general agreement around here is that we can win with Flacco as the starting QB, but need a better supporting cast. Otherwise, we need a new QB if we don't have that supporting cast, because I don't think Flacco will ever be good enough to win us a championship off his arm.

And to answer your previous question... Johnny Football
    Now I know you're joking. Dude is barely 6' and 200lbs. He doesn't have a big arm at all. He's elusive and makes plays with his feet, but if you think he'd be any better than Flacco in the NFL...I don't know man. I wonder about you sometimes...

John Manziel is a more athletic Colt McCoy.

And to answer your question about avg QB play...I think you can win a SB with avg QB play as long as you have a strong supporting cast. You yourself have claimed that Flacco is avg and when he's on he can play up to a good and sometimes great level. So, why can't he win a championship in Baltimore?

If you're still harping on the financial issue, then you're getting worked up for no reason because frankly there hasn't been a damn word about the contract stuff since the summer. I can guarantee you that Flacco and his agent have come back down to earth big time because this season has not nearly gone the way they had hoped it would.

How many folks thought that Rice wouldn't sign? He did and for a deal significantly less than what Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson signed for.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 12-18-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.