I know a lot of you are going to hate reading this and I will no doubt receive some abuse for this, but it should not be in the Ravens best interest to pay Flacco the money he asked for in the offseason.

Even franchise tagging him will cost us 14 million for 2013, if we do that, we will need some good picks in the draft if we want any chance at continuing to compete for a championship. I hope Flacco comes back down to earth for what he's worth and takes the offer we gave him in the offseason, or I'm really starting to think if he'll even be a Raven next season. He's a good QB, but he has proven this year that he cannot win games consistently without a supporting cast. We won't be able to give him that supporting cast if he cripples our cap.

We need to sign a number of players on defense, and concentrate on fixing this offense through the draft because it's a total mess, especially on the Oline. This team needs a complete overhaul in the trenches, and giving Flacco over 100 million over the next few years should not be part of the Ravens long term plans.

Sorry to say, but it's true, if you think this year has been bad, it's nothing to what would happen in the next few years. At least we've won 9 games and have a very good shot at winning another division title.