Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 26272829 LastLast
  1. Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    According to all the conspiracy loonies it's supposed to be later today, so here I am sat here doing nothing on my night shift scrolling through my facebook feed reading all this crap about the end of the world lol. Still, I do remember a lot more people being worried about Y2K haha.
    It was supposed to happen on the 12th.
    Y'know, on 12-12-12?

So, now the silly conspiracy loonies have switched it to the 21st? :grbac:
    It's a good thing there aren't 13 months or they'd be having a field day with 13-13-13.

Re: This team won't have a chance at competing if we pay Flacco big money

I just hope the front office looks at he situation dispassionately and pays Flacco for what he is: a #10-20 QB in the NFL. He's had one season with a QB rating in the top 10 (7th in 2010) . Every other year, he's been lower than 10th: 22nd in 2008, 13th in 2009, 18th in 2011, 14th this season. That's an average rank of 14.8 in QB rating.

So he's an every-so-slightly above average starting QB. Pay him accordingly, and the team can absolutely win with him. Last season is evidence of that, IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I just hope the front office looks at he situation dispassionately and pays Flacco for what he is: a #10-20 QB in the NFL. He's had one season with a QB rating in the top 10 (7th in 2010) . Every other year, he's been lower than 10th: 22nd in 2008, 13th in 2009, 18th in 2011, 14th this season. That's an average rank of 14.8 in QB rating.

So he's an every-so-slightly above average starting QB. Pay him accordingly, and the team can absolutely win with him. Last season is evidence of that, IMO.
    If they look at it dispassionately, they'll end up paying him between 5-10 money, leaning towards the 5. Before the contract is half up he'll be in that 10-20 range regardless of how well he's playing.

The size of contracts is unlikely to go down.

In this, I have faith in Ozzie. He's done a pretty good job of paying players while still being able to field a team that is in contention every year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The team has a chance at competing with an average QB or with a game manager at QB if we can get back to playing elite defense, and can pound the ball all day behind an elite Oline. We won't have the luxury of that while giving Flacco big money. Flacco has shown that he's no more than slightly above game manager status this year.
    So, we would still have to darn near rework the team for what you are suggesting to happen.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    This has to be my favorite line of the day.

It was like his anger wouldn't allow him to find a word that verbalized its intensity. lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    That was going to be my exact response.
    I mean.....HELLO!!! lololol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    if flacco wants elite money the ravens should pay him what they think hes worth and then joe should sue lee evans for the difference
    In a nutshell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    You're making a lot of assumptions. The Ravens have a LOT of holes, have NOT done what they've needed to do to bolster this offense, and to assume that Joe will be smart to stay here because "here = winning; somewhere else = losing" is just not all that bright, IMO. Not under the current situation.
    Especially, when you consider that he's been the one constant while all of these holes have developed. No one else can give another reason for the winning this year. It used to be the defense. Can't say that anymore. It used to be Ray Rice. Can't say that anymore. For some reason, people just don't want to say Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Especially, when you consider that he's been the one constant while all of these holes have developed. No one else can give another reason for the winning this year. It used to be the defense. Can't say that anymore. It used to be Ray Rice. Can't say that anymore. For some reason, people just don't want to say Joe.
    People can -- and do -- find every other possible variable for the Ravens' success over the past 5 years OTHER than Joe. And I honestly just don't get it. The Ravens have had much better D's prior to Joe's arrival. But they've never been as consistent as they've been since he's gotten here. He's done everything they've asked him to do and he's done it with a great attitude, despite having his hands tied behind his back by a control freak OC, mediocre O-line, and less than elite supporting cast. He's been the model of consistency (the last 3 games notwithstanding), and yet HE'S the one being labeled "inconsistent". The Ravens FO has failed to build an entire offense around him, yet somehow it's all Joe's fault. Now, in some people's minds, it's up to Joe to prove something to them. What's he been doing the past 5 years? If that's not enough, then I don't know what is or ever will be for those people.

smh

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Ridiculous. It's Joe and Rice and the rest of the offense and defense and special teams. Just like it's always been.

If you try to tell me that Flacco was a particularly large contributor to winning the, off the top of my head, KC and/or first PIT game, I'll politely tell you that you should enter rehab. The CIN, DAL, or OAK games? Sure, Joe was a major contributor. Our ST has been the biggest contributor to at least one win (PIT).

What the reality of this situation is, is that there's a contingent of people on this board who continually are looking at terrible Flacco statlines and effectively saying, "hey the numbers don't matter, he just WINS!" Which is, if I'm not mistaken, the same argument put forward by the multitude of Tebow acolytes last year. And hey, Tebow has accomplished what Joe hasn't--he beat PIT in the playoffs! He'll be available next year! DO IT OZ!!!!!

Or, maybe we could sit back and have a rational conversation about our QB that doesn't involve blind faith...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Ridiculous. It's Joe and Rice and the rest of the offense and defense and special teams. Just like it's always been.

If you try to tell me that Flacco was a particularly large contributor to winning the, off the top of my head, KC and/or first PIT game, I'll politely tell you that you should enter rehab. The CIN, DAL, or OAK games? Sure, Joe was a major contributor. Our ST has been the biggest contributor to at least one win (PIT).

What the reality of this situation is, is that there's a contingent of people on this board who continually are looking at terrible Flacco statlines and effectively saying, "hey the numbers don't matter, he just WINS!" Which is, if I'm not mistaken, the same argument put forward by the multitude of Tebow acolytes last year. And hey, Tebow has accomplished what Joe hasn't--he beat PIT in the playoffs! He'll be available next year! DO IT OZ!!!!!

Or, maybe we could sit back and have a rational conversation about our QB that doesn't involve blind faith...
    :word

Blog Entries

LOL @ the people who think our winning success has started with Flacco. Absolute denial and crazyness to think that, laughing my ass off here. It's funny how the ENTIRE league and every other fan of every other team all know that the reason we've won most of our games have been down to our defense and Ray Rice, yet a portion of the Ravens fan base still have their fingers in their ears shouting, LEE EVANS LEE EVANS LEE EVANS... CUNDIFF! OUTPLAYED BRADY! I seriously think you guys support Flacco him self more than the actual team.