Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
More like every other year.

But seriously...I think I get your point(s), but in a way it sounds a bit like you want to have your cake and eat it too. The Ravens made their cap bed, and it had nothing to do with Joe Flacco. It DID have everything to do with: Ngata, Suggs, Reed, Lewis, Birk, and others. So now what? Joe's supposed to offer up a home town discount to balance out the FO's indiscretion when it comes to the cap? Sorry...I don't think so. MAYBE if the team had at least shown Joe some respect and TRIED its BEST to build an offense to support him. But the O-line has stunk almost the entire time Joe's been here; the WRs are middle of the pack at best; and the decision to bring back Cameron at the start of this season just blew. So maybe...what's best for Joe isn't necessarily what's best for the Ravens, if you're seriously suggesting that he should take less just to have the privilege of staying here.
Joe hasn't EARNED that kind of payday, the rest you mentioned DID. Sorry but Joe saying he's elite is a joke. He's not. he's an above average game manager and has been exposed. He should take what Romo got plus inflation and be happy because thats the most he should get. PERIOD. He CANNOT put the team on his back like the Manning's, Rodges, Brady's, Brees and Rapistbugers can. he just can't. He's a Rivers, Romo, Ryan, etc.. type player and even that is being liberal with his skillset.