Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Good teams rarely fire their OC in the middle of the season. (Fassel was fired by Billick for dereliction, borderline insubordination...doesn't compare).

I said at the time, the only way this works out well for Harbaugh is if it turns out he really was listening to his players and fired his friend for the well-being of the team. I could then envision a scenario of Harbaugh re-earning/reinforcing his respect in the locker-room and the players rallying around him.

The fact that this came down from above, most likely from Bisciotti, in the manner it did, post close-loss rage, is a very different, and for the sake of this year's team, a much worse scenario.

As I keep saying, if you had told me 3 weeks ago that Harbaugh would be playing for his job, I would have said you are nuts. Now, as the dike continues to burst, I think it becomes more-and-more likely.

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/gl...t-cam-cameron/

Glazer is usually spot on with his reporting and sources. This proves Harbage is a loyal stubborn son of a gun. I am willing to bet there is also a doghouse.

Glazer: Ravens players had been complaining about Cam Cameron
    The Baltimore Ravens surprised most people when they announced the firing of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron with three games left in the regular season. Jay Glazer reported on FOX NFL Sunday that Cameron’s dismissal did not surprise the team’s players; many of them had been looking for a change for a while.

Glazer says the firing of Cameron is something players have been clamoring for inside the locker room for over a year. He says players have gone to the front office and head coach John Harbaugh to complain about Cameron. Glazer also says players were frustrated that Cameron wouldn’t adjust gameplans when it was clear to them that they weren’t working during games.

According to Glazer, the edict came down from ownership a few weeks ago to remove Cameron, and Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go.

Glazer’s report isn’t at all shocking. Not only has the media questioned Cameron, but linebacker Terrell Suggs publicly questioned the coordinator’s usage of offensive playmakers Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin last season.

Cameron had been the team’s offensive coordinator since 2008.

For what it’s worth, the Ravens were held to three points through the first three quarters at home in a 34-17 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday. They had a fumble, interception, and five punts in their first seven possessions with Jim Caldwell as offensive coordinator.

For what it is worth and that is probably nothing, I believe Glazer. Just a few seasons ago, the Ravens kept their defense coordinator's, (Matteson) son on the roster who played defense end in college and was on the roster or practice squad as an offensive lineman. Bryan Matteson was an undrafted free agent in 2008 and given a spot on the Ravens because of his father. Oh Greg Matteson was a friend of JH. Said it then and now that was the John Harbaugh giving a coach's son $ and a roster spot.

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    For what it is worth and that is probably nothing, I believe Glazer. Just a few seasons ago, the Ravens kept their defense coordinator's, (Matteson) son on the roster who played defense end in college and was on the roster or practice squad as an offensive lineman. Bryan Matteson was an undrafted free agent in 2008 and given a spot on the Ravens because of his father. Oh Greg Matteson was a friend of JH. Said it then and now that was the John Harbaugh giving a coach's son $ and a roster spot.
    The same Bryan Mattison who is still in the NFL and signed with the Chiefs? So I wonder which coach on the Chief's payroll is giving him a roster spot because of his daddy? :grbac:

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Raven's organization and what they have been able to accomplish. But.....

How bad did it have to be for the team to fire Cameron with 3 games left and the playoffs? And to trade him for a guy that hasn't called plays or truly designed an offense since Wake Forest in the Nineties. Where he had a 29% winning percentage over 7 seasons.

I would be shocked silly if Caldwell is the OC next year for you guys. I could see Norv Turner. He's a better version of Cam Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    ]

The same Bryan Mattison who is still in the NFL and signed with the Chiefs? So I wonder which coach on the Chief's payroll is giving him a roster spot because of his daddy? :grbac:
    Im not talking about the Chiefs and really they need any big body they can get. Don't forget, Bryan Matteson was also with the Rams for a season or so.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Raven's organization and what they have been able to accomplish. But.....

How bad did it have to be for the team to fire Cameron with 3 games left and the playoffs? And to trade him for a guy that hasn't called plays or truly designed an offense since Wake Forest in the Nineties. Where he had a 29% winning percentage over 7 seasons.

I would be shocked silly if Caldwell is the OC next year for you guys. I could see Norv Turner. He's a better version of Cam Cameron.
    That's my thinking.

People say "the timing is so bizarre, with just a few weeks left in the season."

News flash: The Ravens organization *knows* the timing is bizarre. They did it anyway. I am sure this is not a decision they took lightly.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

I've really grown to dislike Harbaugh after this season, reading this just makes me even more mad.

As I said the move was pushed for AFTER the win in Pittsburgh. Harbs is on the mega hot seat because he had no control over his coach, moreso than anything. Harbs as it stands now will be let go after the season, depending on the season results. Harbs for 3 years in a row pleaded to keep Cam because of the thier long personel freindship. Cameron hired Harbaugh for his first coaching job, and then Harbs hired Cam as OC. Personal interests got in the way of the team goal, thus not a proper way of handling corporate structure as Biscuit is accustomed too. That will be Harbs POSSIBLE undoing.

Blog Entries

Bye bye Harbaugh nice knowing you.

Time to hire a real coach. Bisciotti unload the brinks truck for Sean Payton.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    That's my thinking.

People say "the timing is so bizarre, with just a few weeks left in the season."

News flash: The Ravens organization *knows* the timing is bizarre. They did it anyway. I am sure this is not a decision they took lightly.
    It does know what it was doing, the move was suppossed to be made after the Steeler game in Pittsburgh, but Harbs persuaded him not to change, then the offense got worse and then Harbaugh wanted different Oline coverage packages implemented with leads and Cam outwardly refused and the Ravens turned it over with leads to Pitt and Wash and then was fired for not taking orders, essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    As I said the move was pushed for AFTER the win in Pittsburgh. Harbs is on the mega hot seat because he had no control over his coach, moreso than anything. Harbs as it stands now will be let go after the season, depending on the season results. Harbs for 3 years in a row pleaded to keep Cam because of the thier long personel freindship. Cameron hired Harbaugh for his first coaching job, and then Harbs hired Cam as OC. Personal interests got in the way of the team goal, thus not a proper way of handling corporate structure as Biscuit is accustomed too. That will be Harbs POSSIBLE undoing.
    I don't believe this is JH's last year. The play calling has been called suspect by many. Even so, if the plays that were called were executed properly, maybe the Ravens win at least one of the games against Pitt or DC or even a possibility of winning both and last week's game would be not such a big deal. The Ravens are in the playoffs but if they don't win one of the next two games, they could be a wildcard road team. And Joe on the road would be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Im not talking about the Chiefs and really they need any big body they can get. Don't forget, Bryan Matteson was also with the Rams for a season or so.
    So you have two teams thinking that the guy is NFL quality. It only makes my point further. If Matteson really sucked and wasn't NFL quality and was only on the team because of his dad, NO ONE would have picked him up when he was cut.

Instead two teams have given him NFL contracts. Maybe it's because he can actually play a little bit.