Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
Personnel matter. I get it. But systems matter too, when Montana was down, people like Cavanaugh and Young were able to succeed, when Brady went down, Cassel looked like a stud (how is Kansas working for him?) too.

Billick's offense stunk... I can, the season you brought up, remember that awesome goal interception Mcnair against Indy to cap an otherwise awesome defensive performance to hold the Colts/Manning to no touchdowns....

To your point, Harbaugh had a 12-4 team... but you know why I can't stand him either... he couldn't find a way to win the games against opponents he had no business losing too and his time management/end of the ACCG was horrible. If he had made sure the team was motivated and didn't play to the level of opposition... and won one of those games against the Titans or Seahawks last year... we beat the snot out of the Patriots at our place not theirs.
No doubt, McNair picked the worst game ever to shit the bed, but overall they were 12 in scoring that year.

Yeah, I don't like being right about this, I really had hoped that I was going to be wrong, but I saw long ago the man fell short. If all things are equal in the playoffs, luck, injuries, skill, athleticism, and it comes down to head coach, there is only one question: so about the draft...