Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    Belicheck is one of the top coaches in the league but Brady and Peyton are basically cheat codes.
    up - up - down - down - left - right - left - right - B - A - start

"Congratulations...you win a SB ring!"
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Says the guy who's "inside source" told him that Ray, Pollard,and Yanda were playing this week. Forgive me for continuing to insist that you're pulling this stuff out of your hat, but you've been wrong as often as you've been right and the stuff you have been right on hasn't exactly been groundbreaking.
    No i said Yanda isnt playing, btw. Might miss entire season. I was told Ray and Pollard where playing and was surprised they didnt as well as many others. But also, Smith and Suggs where gametime decisions but thought they would play. Everyone was surprised by Rays and Pollards absence. Ray had been practicing for 2 weeks. Still surprised.

3. Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

I'm not sure how folks are looking at the talent on this team and figuring that bad coaching is the reason for their problems. There's not 1 unit on the Ravens that should be considered top 10 in the league based on how they've played. The running backs would be closest but simply haven't played that way no matter how limited their opportunities. QB, O-Line, D-Line, Receivers, Linebackers or secondary...they all stink.

Cam may have deserved to be fired, but if it's because he was simply calling the wrong plays then we should expect to see it fixed immediately. This crap about the system lingering is a cop out. All teams have the same plays in their playbooks. If the wrong ones were simply being called then the new guy needs to call the right ones. If the players weren't executing for Cam they won't execute for Caldwell or anyone else.

The offensive line above all other units just stinks. Nothing about the play calling is changing that. Everyone is calling for Ray Rice to get more carries, but he's not playing well. He has 230 carries and only 5 have gone beyond 20 yards. The only guys in that ballpark with worse numbers are Shonn Green, Matt Forte and Trent Richardson. Bernard Pierce in a much smaller sample size is having about the same level of production in the running game.

It'd be interesting to see players handling their own business before running above the coach's head to point fingers at the OC. The inmates are running the asylum. It's been mentioned that it worked with Billick and now it's worked with Cam. It shouldn't come as any surprise that the players simply quit on Sunday. History suggests they can oust Harbaugh the same way. It's a dangerous precedent and nothing positive can come of firing the OC at this late stage in the game.

The coaches can't block, they can't run, they can't catch and they can't keep the QB from fumbling. Sadly, too often this year, the players who can do all of those things simply haven't and instead of owning their ineptitude have found comfort in finger pointing.
    Last edited by Thyrl; 12-19-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Look, I'm not so blind as to say Harbaugh keeps his job no matter what, but to all of you who are saying you want him replaced with a proven SB coach...

You are assuming we can push all our chips in and get Payton. But what if he stays with Saints, or goes to Cowboys.

What other "SB Proven HC" are out there waiting for a job?

I'll wait for your response....If it's Gruden, I'll continue to wait for your response.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

5. Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bob belichick 3 rings
    Harbaugh 0 rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that Bill's brother or cousin?
    And he's won 3 Super Bowls too, like Bill?
    Wow. Coaching must really run in that family.

So, any chance we can get Bob to be our HC?
    He'd surely be an improvement over Joe Hardbaugh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Is that Bill's brother or cousin?
    And he's won 3 Super Bowls too, like Bill?
    Wow. Coaching must really run in that family.

So, any chance we can get Bob to be our HC?
    He'd surely be an improvement over Joe Hardbaugh.
    Trump referred to him as bob belichick it's a joke much like your post and anyone who thinks harbaugh is a better coach.

Last edited by Paintballguy; 12-19-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrl View Post
    This crap about the system lingering is a cop out. All teams have the same plays in their playbooks.

You may be correct on the first sentence but you're off base on the second. High school and college teams don't have all the same plays. In the NFL, where the concepts are infinitely more complex, do you really think everyone has the same plays?

Blog Entries

FWIW, I just talked to a source inside the Ravens org about this. He said that Harbaugh had a meeting with the FO to try to fire him, but they pushed back saying they wanted to let him finish out the year.

Seems strange to me because that's the opposite of what was reported.

Blog Entries

You guys are high if you're trying to say harbaugh is a better coach then bob belichick.

No one is trying to say Harbaugh is or will be better than Belichick. The point is everyone starts somewhere. Belichick didn't walk into the league and become a Superbowl winning coach right away. He took his lumps first, a lot of them. Just like Harbaugh is doing now. If you would have told people that Belichick would end up being one of the best coaches in the NFL nearly 20 years later, Cleveland fans would have laughed you out of the fucking stadium. We don't know where Harbaugh's career is going. To pretend to know is simply silly.

10. Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Trump referred to him as bob belichick it's a joke much like your post and anyone who thinks harbaugh is a better coach.

Didn't know about what Trump did.

I don't watch much TV anymore and I haven't checked the news in awhile.

And yeah, there's no doubt that Bob is the better coach.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Didn't know about what Trump did.

I don't watch much TV anymore and I haven't checked the news in awhile.

And yeah, there's no doubt that Bob is the better coach.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2035--nfl.html

12. Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Thanks, but I'd already googled it yesterday.