Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT Wildcard Weekend Schedule

When do they announce when each seed will play in the wildcard weekend games? Is it predetermined (like the 3 vs 6 seed in the AFC will play Sunday 1 pm) or is it like a flex schedule?

Reason why I ask is bc I will be back in MD for wildcard weekend (moved to AZ in 2007) and would love to be able to catch the game at the vault.

Re: OT Wildcard Weekend Schedule

They always wait until the seeds are finalized so they can match up the most attractive matchups in the best time slots.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    They always wait until the seeds are finalized so they can match up the most attractive matchups in the best time slots.
    Cool I figured as much... here's to hoping its on Sunday (as i Have plans for Saturday night)...

If the current divisional seedings hold (yeah, I know, BIG if), with the Ravens at #4, the other 3 home teams would be Patriots, Packers and Redskins.

That looks like Saturday @ 4:30 to me....

I would guess that we'd be one of the early games (4:30 Sat, 1pm Sun). I doubt they'd put us in the prime latter slots. My guess would be the Pats and Redskins in the latter slots, if the current seedings hold up. Shoot, even if it's the Giants or Cowboys rather than the Redskins, both of those teams are big ratings draws, so I'd say the NFC East champ is almost guaranteed the late game on one of the days, with the Pats getting the other.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I would guess that we'd be one of the early games (4:30 Sat, 1pm Sun). I doubt they'd put us in the prime latter slots. My guess would be the Pats and Redskins in the latter slots, if the current seedings hold up. Shoot, even if it's the Giants or Cowboys rather than the Redskins, both of those teams are big ratings draws, so I'd say the NFC East champ is almost guaranteed the late game on one of the days, with the Pats getting the other.
    Maybe..

But if the matchup is Steelers-Ravens, (and possibly Steelers at HOME), then you can throw all that reasoning out the window.

True, I'm assuming it's Colts @ Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Maybe..

But if the matchup is Steelers-Ravens, (and possibly Steelers at HOME), then you can throw all that reasoning out the window.
    if its Ravens and Steelers I would almost guarantee it would be the Saturday night prime time game

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    if its Ravens and Steelers I would almost guarantee it would be the Saturday night prime time game
    I hope it works out this way with Steelers at home. Would be fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMB View Post
    That would be a great game. Losing to the Steelers got the Ravens into this funk. Beating them could be exactly what they need to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMB View Post
    Of course you do.

I hope it works out where the Steelers don't make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    agreed, that would almost 100% be the Sat NBC game.

If its Ravens Colts then it would be Sun at 1PM as FOX gets the 430 sunday game. and NBC does one NFC sat game and one AFC sat game.

If the Pats are the 3 seed and play a team like the Colts/CIN that would prob be the sat afternoon game but if they played PIT it would be the evening game on NBC with the Redskins playing in the afternoon.

Ravens vs CIN would most likely be sat afternoon with the Pats on CBS on Sunday.

Also keep in mind if the Ravens and Redskins are both home i highly doubt they will be playing the same day