Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    But it looks like Harbaugh WASN'T letting "the inmates run the asylum". He wasn't caving to the players...instead, when his BOSS said "you need to fire Cam", he tried to find ways to protect him until finally running out of excuses.

I do have to wonder if Harbaugh burned some of his "character capital" with Steve B by protecting Cam. I'm betting Steve B isn't too thrilled that Harbaugh tried to keep Cam in employ, and it netter only worse results. That there could take his coaching job from soundly secure to starting to be questioned.
    Yea but it's gonna be hard to fire a guy who made 5 straight play offs.

Blog Entries

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bob Belichick won 3 rings within 4 years. I know that he hasn't won since 04, but the guy still has 3 rings.
    In the last five years, who has been a better NFL head coach, gotten better results, than Harbaugh?

All the Pats are now is the Kings of the Regular Season, just like Peyton Manning's Colts used to be.

The Pats do not have a Pittsburgh, or a Baltimore, in their division. They cakewalk through a piss poor division, which parlays into home playoff games. They always end up looking better than they are.

So why has their defense been so horrible? No one cares, because hey look at all those passing yards!!! In a fantasy football world, "elite" just means "racking up lots of fantasy stats", which the Pats excel in.

But what have they won in the past 5 years (which is all Harbs can be compared with since that's as long as he's been around)?

Compare Belichick's FIRST FIVE YEARS as an NFL HC to Harbaugh's. Ready?

From Wikipedia.

"From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to the playoffs in 1994, his only winning year with the team. Coincidentally, his one playoff victory during his Browns tenure was achieved against the Patriots in the wild card round during this postseason. In Belichick's last season in Cleveland the Browns finished 5–11."

It is NOT EVEN CLOSE.

People act like Belichick was born winning Super Bowls.

Blog Entries
    Bob belichick 3 rings
    Harbaugh 0 rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta say...it's going to be hard to fire Harbaugh due to his annual appearances in the playoffs throughout his HC career.

I know its not a good comparison due to the idiotic ownership/GM but Rex Ryan has been in his HC job just as long as Harbs and hasn't been fired yet (likely to change after this season) and the Jets haven't been to the playoffs as often.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

I don't see why people are questioning the timing?

Because of the lockout and no one really being available they decided to stick with Cam.

Most of the way through the season it was obvious it was the same old Cam. Rigid to a fault, running an outdated system, stymied by powerhouse defensive units like Kansas City and Washington.

Harbaugh defending Cam is no surprise, they are old friends and outside of designing an NFL offense Cam seems like a great guy. Plus Harbaugh not having a strong offensive background needed a Cam Cameron. He doesn't want some hot young whipper snapper running a super powered offense and taking all the glory. He might just get supplanted. Cam was a security blanket for John.

But the writing was on the wall. Cam *HAD* to be let go during the season or the Ravens would be right back where they were last year. Stuck in the playoffs with Cam, and all the hot prospects would already have been hired by the teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Caldwell isn't the long term answer at OC and I doubt he will be retained in that capacity. Look for the Ravens to bring in a bright guy who knows how to run an offense.

(Hire Tedford!)

I wouldn't mind bringing in Ken Whisenhunt as our OC since I doubt he'll be coaching in Arizona after this season.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    So why has their defense been so horrible?

Interestingly, the last time the Pats had a good defense was 2009, when their DC was ...........Dean Pees. :)
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    I wouldn't mind bringing in Ken Whisenhunt as our OC since I doubt he'll be coaching in Arizona after this season.
    If he becomes available, I think he'd be a very interesting name to consider. Strongly.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bob belichick 3 rings
    Harbaugh 0 rings

Belichick: 16 years HC experience

Harbaugh: 5 years HC experience

Infact Belichick didn't win his first superbowl until year 5. I am just saying.

Belicheck is one of the top coaches in the league but Brady and Peyton are basically cheat codes.

Blog Entries
    You guys are high if you're trying to say harbaugh is a better coach then bob belichick.

Blog Entries

Seriously, Harbaugh isn't better than Billick yet and you guys think he is better than Belicheck? Pass the blunt...