Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 104
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go



    Look, I'm not so blind as to say Harbaugh keeps his job no matter what, but to all of you who are saying you want him replaced with a proven SB coach...

    You are assuming we can push all our chips in and get Payton. But what if he stays with Saints, or goes to Cowboys.

    What other "SB Proven HC" are out there waiting for a job?

    I'll wait for your response....If it's Gruden, I'll continue to wait for your response.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  2. #77

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bob belichick 3 rings
    Harbaugh 0 rings



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that Bill's brother or cousin?
    And he's won 3 Super Bowls too, like Bill?
    Wow. Coaching must really run in that family.

    So, any chance we can get Bob to be our HC?
    He'd surely be an improvement over Joe Hardbaugh.




  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,127
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Is that Bill's brother or cousin?
    And he's won 3 Super Bowls too, like Bill?
    Wow. Coaching must really run in that family.

    So, any chance we can get Bob to be our HC?
    He'd surely be an improvement over Joe Hardbaugh.
    Trump referred to him as bob belichick it's a joke much like your post and anyone who thinks harbaugh is a better coach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 12-19-2012 at 07:38 AM.




  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,203

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Thyrl View Post
    This crap about the system lingering is a cop out. All teams have the same plays in their playbooks.

    You may be correct on the first sentence but you're off base on the second. High school and college teams don't have all the same plays. In the NFL, where the concepts are infinitely more complex, do you really think everyone has the same plays?




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,127
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    FWIW, I just talked to a source inside the Ravens org about this. He said that Harbaugh had a meeting with the FO to try to fire him, but they pushed back saying they wanted to let him finish out the year.

    Seems strange to me because that's the opposite of what was reported.




  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    You guys are high if you're trying to say harbaugh is a better coach then bob belichick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one is trying to say Harbaugh is or will be better than Belichick. The point is everyone starts somewhere. Belichick didn't walk into the league and become a Superbowl winning coach right away. He took his lumps first, a lot of them. Just like Harbaugh is doing now. If you would have told people that Belichick would end up being one of the best coaches in the NFL nearly 20 years later, Cleveland fans would have laughed you out of the fucking stadium. We don't know where Harbaugh's career is going. To pretend to know is simply silly.




  7. #82

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Trump referred to him as bob belichick it's a joke much like your post and anyone who thinks harbaugh is a better coach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn't know about what Trump did.

    I don't watch much TV anymore and I haven't checked the news in awhile.

    And yeah, there's no doubt that Bob is the better coach.




  8. #83
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Didn't know about what Trump did.

    I don't watch much TV anymore and I haven't checked the news in awhile.

    And yeah, there's no doubt that Bob is the better coach.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2035--nfl.html




  9. #84

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Thanks, but I'd already googled it yesterday.




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    The arguments about how Bilicheck didn't become a SB winning coach over night and is an example of how JH can become great after more time are the same arguments as to how Flacco can become great with more time because Brady didn't become a great statistical QB until his fifth year in the league.




  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    No one is trying to say Harbaugh is or will be better than Belichick. The point is everyone starts somewhere. Belichick didn't walk into the league and become a Superbowl winning coach right away. He took his lumps first, a lot of them. Just like Harbaugh is doing now. If you would have told people that Belichick would end up being one of the best coaches in the NFL nearly 20 years later, Cleveland fans would have laughed you out of the fucking stadium. We don't know where Harbaugh's career is going. To pretend to know is simply silly.
    Agreed, we don't know how Harbaugh's career is going to turn out, but Belichick was a very good defensive coordinator prior to becoming a HC. I just think that he was more qualified earlier in his career than Harbaugh. Belichick's defensive game plan from the New York Giants' 20–19 upset of the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXV is now in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So, if Belichick questions one of his coordinators, he does so from a position of far more credibility than Harbaugh does. I just don't see any strong OC or DC thinking that Harbaugh can teach them much of anything about how to do their job better. Harbaugh would have to be able to make up for his Xs and Os shortcomings by being an outstanding leader. I just don't think that he is a great leader.




  12. #87

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The arguments about how Bilicheck didn't become a SB winning coach over night and is an example of how JH can become great after more time are the same arguments as to how Flacco can become great with more time because Brady didn't become a great statistical QB until his fifth year in the league.
    Agreed. Stop looking at guys and saying "oh, well maybe he could be like this" without any actual proof. Maybe Joe Flacco and Tom Brady have similar numbers in their first 5 years (which is kind of BS anyway because the league is so different now) but did Joe Flacco show the kind of consistent clutch ability and high level of mental acuity that Brady did in his first 5 years? You can't judge what a player might be able to do by what you "feel" like he might be able to do or what other players have done, you've got to go by what the player has actually shown on the field.

    Regarding the coaches, Belichick was showing that he had a unique coaching mind light years ahead of the competition as early as his days with the Giants when he was like 30 years old. He put together the game plan that completely shut down Jim Kelly's K-Gun offense in the 1990 Super Bowl, an offense that nobody else in the league could stop. He coordinated some of the best defenses in the NFL, and Lawrence Taylor said he would have been nobody if not for Bill Belichick.

    Harbaugh has shown... NOTHING!!! to suggest he is a great football mind. He doesn't assemble game plans or call any plays. He doesn't run drafts or have the final call on personnel moves. He's never out-coached, out-adjusted, or out-game planned anybody in this league, and Belichick has his entire career. Harbaugh's job is to motivate his guys (which he's failed to do this year) and manage the game on Sundays (which he's also failed to do this year and his entire tenure here). So... bottom line, no similarities there.




  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Agreed. Stop looking at guys and saying "oh, well maybe he could be like this" without any actual proof. Maybe Joe Flacco and Tom Brady have similar numbers in their first 5 years (which is kind of BS anyway because the league is so different now) but did Joe Flacco show the kind of consistent clutch ability and high level of mental acuity that Brady did in his first 5 years? You can't judge what a player might be able to do by what you "feel" like he might be able to do or what other players have done, you've got to go by what the player has actually shown on the field.

    Regarding the coaches, Belichick was showing that he had a unique coaching mind light years ahead of the competition as early as his days with the Giants when he was like 30 years old. He put together the game plan that completely shut down Jim Kelly's K-Gun offense in the 1990 Super Bowl, an offense that nobody else in the league could stop. He coordinated some of the best defenses in the NFL, and Lawrence Taylor said he would have been nobody if not for Bill Belichick.

    Harbaugh has shown... NOTHING!!! to suggest he is a great football mind. He doesn't assemble game plans or call any plays. He doesn't run drafts or have the final call on personnel moves. He's never out-coached, out-adjusted, or out-game planned anybody in this league, and Belichick has his entire career. Harbaugh's job is to motivate his guys (which he's failed to do this year) and manage the game on Sundays (which he's also failed to do this year and his entire tenure here). So... bottom line, no similarities there.


    And I used to be a HUGE JH fan, and once though Flacco could have been one of the greats. Both are good at what they do, but championship calibre? Without a talented squad, I don't think so.




  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Mass, via Holabird Ave.
    Posts
    1,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Agreed, we don't know how Harbaugh's career is going to turn out, but Belichick was a very good defensive coordinator prior to becoming a HC. I just think that he was more qualified earlier in his career than Harbaugh. Belichick's defensive game plan from the New York Giants' 20–19 upset of the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXV is now in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So, if Belichick questions one of his coordinators, he does so from a position of far more credibility than Harbaugh does. I just don't see any strong OC or DC thinking that Harbaugh can teach them much of anything about how to do their job better. Harbaugh would have to be able to make up for his Xs and Os shortcomings by being an outstanding leader. I just don't think that he is a great leader.




  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blair (aka Bel Air)
    Posts
    912

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Look, I'm not so blind as to say Harbaugh keeps his job no matter what, but to all of you who are saying you want him replaced with a proven SB coach...

    You are assuming we can push all our chips in and get Payton. But what if he stays with Saints, or goes to Cowboys.

    What other "SB Proven HC" are out there waiting for a job?

    I'll wait for your response....If it's Gruden, I'll continue to wait for your response.
    Bill Cowher!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland