Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 104
  1. #49

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go



    Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    Personnel matter. I get it. But systems matter too, when Montana was down, people like Cavanaugh and Young were able to succeed, when Brady went down, Cassel looked like a stud (how is Kansas working for him?) too.

    Billick's offense stunk... I can, the season you brought up, remember that awesome goal interception Mcnair against Indy to cap an otherwise awesome defensive performance to hold the Colts/Manning to no touchdowns....

    To your point, Harbaugh had a 12-4 team... but you know why I can't stand him either... he couldn't find a way to win the games against opponents he had no business losing too and his time management/end of the ACCG was horrible. If he had made sure the team was motivated and didn't play to the level of opposition... and won one of those games against the Titans or Seahawks last year... we beat the snot out of the Patriots at our place not theirs.
    No doubt, McNair picked the worst game ever to shit the bed, but overall they were 12 in scoring that year.

    Yeah, I don't like being right about this, I really had hoped that I was going to be wrong, but I saw long ago the man fell short. If all things are equal in the playoffs, luck, injuries, skill, athleticism, and it comes down to head coach, there is only one question: so about the draft...




  2. #50

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    I haven't been a fan of Harbaugh since he was hired. Let's be honest. What does he bring to this team? Would he be a major loss? He's not an x's and o's guy. He isn't much of a game manager. He doesn't seem to be much of a motivator. He isn't much of a talent evaluator. He's not even good at surrounding himself with good assistants. If we find someone that is good at just one of those things then we have made an improvement.




  3. #51

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I haven't been a fan of Harbaugh since he was hired. Let's be honest. What does he bring to this team? Would he be a major loss? He's not an x's and o's guy. He isn't much of a game manager. He doesn't seem to be much of a motivator. He isn't much of a talent evaluator. He's not even good at surrounding himself with good assistants. If we find someone that is good at just one of those things then we have made an improvement.
    But...but...but...but he's made the playoffs 5 straight years!




  4. #52

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    It's never all coach or all players when a team struggles. But For me, it's always mostly about the players. Coaches put you over the top maybe, but even Vince F'n Lombardi couldn't get the 2012 Raiders to the promised land.

    There are deep problems with the talent level of this team. And honestly, that's how the NFL is designed--to punish teams that continue to win.

    There is simply a dearth of impact players on this team who have come on-board since 2009. I mean just look at a roster of a Denver, a Houston, a San Francisco, even a Seattle, and compare their young players to the Ravens young players. It's not close...

    Only 1 Belichick in the NFL right now and he's seems to be the only coach who can keep his team "elite" indefinitely. Harbaugh ain't Belichick but few have ever been. Obviously, Harbaugh has his weaknesses, probably the biggest being that he's overly cautious, but I just can't imagine many other coaches getting much different results as HC in Baltimore this season and in seasons past.




  5. #53

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    As for Cameron, Hindsight's 20-20 but Former Superiors make terrible subordinates. Harbaugh had a conflict of interest, and Cameron felt overly empowered. Can't have a subordinate who you feel you owe something to indefinitely.

    Biscotti, being the owner he is, and the businessman he is, should have been the owner, identified the probelm and made the choice earlier. The buck stops with the Biscuit and he could have stepped in long ago to do something that clearly Harbaugh had trouble doing.




  6. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,641
    Blog Entries
    2
    [QUOTE=LC_Ravens_87;540050[

    Only 1 Belichick in the NFL right now and he's seems to be the only coach who can keep his team "elite" indefinitely. Harbaugh ain't Belichick but few have ever been. [/QUOTE]

    Agree with your whole post except
    this part. BB does what Harbs does. Gets to the playoffs and takes it from there. BB hasn't won a Sb in 8 years, just gets imto the playiffs and
    Loses just like we do. Why he isn't compared to Andy Reid the way Harbs is I have no idea. What has Belichik done that is so vastly superior to what Harbs has in the last 5 years?
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  7. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,150
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Agree with your whole post except
    this part. BB does what Harbs does. Gets to the playoffs and takes it from there. BB hasn't won a Sb in 8 years, just gets imto the playiffs and
    Loses just like we do. Why he isn't compared to Andy Reid the way Harbs is I have no idea. What has Belichik done that is so vastly superior to what Harbs has in the last 5 years?
    Bob Belichick won 3 rings within 4 years. I know that he hasn't won since 04, but the guy still has 3 rings.




  8. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Harbs as it stands now will be let go after the season, depending on the season results.
    Says the guy who's "inside source" told him that Ray, Pollard,and Yanda were playing this week. Forgive me for continuing to insist that you're pulling this stuff out of your hat, but you've been wrong as often as you've been right and the stuff you have been right on hasn't exactly been groundbreaking.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  9. #57

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Ha ha you must be related to the Mattesons! Or maybe nepotism runs throughout the NFL!





  10. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    246

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    It's never all coach or all players when a team struggles. But For me, it's always mostly about the players. Coaches put you over the top maybe, but even Vince F'n Lombardi couldn't get the 2012 Raiders to the promised land.

    There are deep problems with the talent level of this team. And honestly, that's how the NFL is designed--to punish teams that continue to win.

    There is simply a dearth of impact players on this team who have come on-board since 2009. I mean just look at a roster of a Denver, a Houston, a San Francisco, even a Seattle, and compare their young players to the Ravens young players. It's not close...

    Only 1 Belichick in the NFL right now and he's seems to be the only coach who can keep his team "elite" indefinitely. Harbaugh ain't Belichick but few have ever been. Obviously, Harbaugh has his weaknesses, probably the biggest being that he's overly cautious, but I just can't imagine many other coaches getting much different results as HC in Baltimore this season and in seasons past.




  11. #59

    Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Apart of me really doesn't want to believe that a professional coach would blatantly refuse to make adjustments in the game out of sheer stubbornness
    You've been watching the games for the last few years, right?




  12. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,150
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    You've been watching the games for the last few years, right?
    Yea really


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland