Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Sounds like it could be a possible conspiracy...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Gotta wonder what's going on, this line up cant be any worse than what we been putting on the field, Joe has no time and Rice has no lanes....give it a try IMO.
    I hear ya.

Purely speculating here, but it may also have to do with moving KO to Guard. Remember, he's been a OT in college and has pretty much been exclusively at RT since the early OTAs. So, there's a learning curve there that he's yet to have experienced, and it may just be that they don't feel that there's adequate time for him to make the transition.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I hear ya.

Purely speculating here, but it may also have to do with moving KO to Guard. Remember, he's been a OT in college and has pretty much been exclusively at RT since the early OTAs. So, there's a learning curve there that he's yet to have experienced, and it may just be that they don't feel that there's adequate time for him to make the transition.
    Frankly, I thought Harewood was a better guard than Bobbie Williams.

I'm surprised they don't put Harewood in if Yanda can't go.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

As I see it, Mckinnie fits into the same situation as Terrence Cody. I am not privy to the reasons Harbaugh chose not to have either start at the beginning of the season or why Mckinnie is still not in the lineup - at least not regularly.

If I look at this in a vacuum, It seems appropriate to think the coach is either displeased with Cody's/Mckinnie's effort or more pleased with another players effort.

If I look at this suspecting that Harbaugh has placed loyalty over pragmatism when it comes to Cameron, I begin to question whether or not a player is sitting because of an emotional reason rather than a pragmatic one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    If I look at this suspecting that Harbaugh has placed loyalty over pragmatism when it comes to Cameron, I begin to question whether or not a player is sitting because of an emotional reason rather than a pragmatic one.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. If McKinnie does play against the Giants, and plays well, then look out. Harbaugh will be on the defensive big time as to why this move wasn't made sooner. That prospect alone should be enough to motivate McKinnie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. If McKinnie does play against the Giants, and plays well, then look out. Harbaugh will be on the defensive big time as to why this move wasn't made sooner. That prospect alone should be enough to motivate McKinnie.
    The problem is, that same prospect would motivate Harbaugh to keep him on the pine no matter how well he might practice. If Mac doesn't play then he can't show Coach up, can he? Fans like us can draw conclusions but unless he gets the chance to show he can play well, it's just their opinion against the "pros".

I can see KO playing RG next year. He was in the Draft as a G and many people had him on their draft boards as a G. We will most likely draft a LT or sign a Vet stop gap like similer to McKinnie last year at a good price, then draft one the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    It would be interesting in a way to see Mckinnie play and play well... not only would Flacco have more time and that's good but it creates another question mark on Harbaugh, I am not sure he will let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    It would be interesting in a way to see Mckinnie play and play well... not only would Flacco have more time and that's good but it creates another question mark on Harbaugh, I am not sure he will let that happen.

I was going to make this very same poast, but there's been a black helicopter hovering around my office all day and I was afraid to use the computer!

That being said, there is a LOT of money tied-up in a football team, and concerns run long into the future. I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

Oher HAS to go back to the right side though!

Quote Originally Posted by VaRaven View Post
    I was going to make this very same poast, but there's been a black helicopter hovering around my office all day and I was afraid to use the computer!

That being said, there is a LOT of money tied-up in a football team, and concerns run long into the future. I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

Oher HAS to go back to the right side though!
    Break out some more tin foil...but "rumor had it" that Matsko was let go because he wouldn't sign off on the party line that Oher was okay at LT, and kept insisting that he should be moved back to RT. Can't have THAT sort of "non-ball-playing" coach, so he was let go. (Just a rumor, mind you...)

;)

But IF it's true...then there's just too much apparently invested in keeping Oher at LT to overcome GETTING him back to RT.

10. Re: Sounds like it could be a possible conspiracy...

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    From Jeff Zrebeic/The Sun (right after the SD game):

The Ravens could insert Harewood or Williams back in or they could plug in Bryant McKinnie at left tackle, move Michael Oher to right tackle and then shift Kelechi Osemele to left guard. That would be a pretty drastic transformation for a 9-2 team, especially when there have been no indications that McKinnie is forcing their hands with his play in practice.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,0,79014.story
    9-2 team??? Hmmm....
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 12-19-2012 at 12:13 AM.

11. Re: Sounds like it could be a possible conspiracy...

I was talking to one of my new customers in Easton today and he stated that it seemed interesting that they are sitting McKinnie and that they know it's Joe's contract year..He said he paid $2,500.00 for tickets for himself and his kids for Sunday's game...He was very dissapointed to spend so much money and drive the distance to see such crap ...He also brought up the McKinnie sitting because they don't want to pay Joe top money..I still don't think the Ravens are doing this, it just sounds absurd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    9-2 team??? Hmmm....
    Well, they were 9-2 at the time he wrote that article.........
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap