Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
Great memories I remember the ghost to the post game. It was Christmas Eve, which led to a lousy Christmas. I remember most of all the 1975 Dolphin and Pats games at the end of the year. Colts had to win both to get into the playoffs. The Dolphins game featured the overtime kick in the fog to win the game. From the upper deck at Memorial stadium, you could not see the ball go through the uprights. But the Pats '75 game was the most fun. Back then the end zone where the outfield bleachers were was open to the field. They would put rope as a barrier, but it obviously did not stop anyone. In the third quarter there were hundreds of people lined around the endzone watching the game like you might see at a Rec league football game. By the 4th quarter thousands had surrounded the entire field and was watching the game from the sidelines. I actually stood on the Pats bench to watch the end of it. I actually talked to a Pats lineman during the game. Surprisingly no one went on the field during the game, but at the end everyone stormed the field and tore down the goal posts. I believe parts of the goalposts ended up at the Stadium Lounge.
How about the playoff game against the Steelers and the airplane that was buzzing around Memorial stadium and at the end of the game crashed in the upper deck around section 40! We had seats in that section for most of the game but Pittsburgh had a huge lead and most fans had already left. We had gone down to the lower concourse to sit with family at halftime and could hear the plane circling the stadium.