Blog Entries

Captain Silver's broad view (not talk'n cheerleaders)...

Since I really don’t blog here anymore, let me give you my long winded opinion on the state of the Ravens board worth a damn.

I have stayed away for a bit, but let me run down the current threads of the Russell Street Report.

John Gruden, please come to Baltimore next year. – I once thought as this, but after hearing him in love with every player, I think he is out of touch with reality and must recall, half his Lombardi belongs to Tony Dungy.

Let’s Blame Joe! – If there was a game to pin on someone, this is his. Can’t argue that, but every QB has a day like that.

Sean Peyton – Getting ahead of ourselves a bit, let’s wait until he is actually allowed to coach in the NFL again before we go there okay?

Fire Harbaugh – And here is where you all lose your minds and know that the Mayan’s are right, the world is going to end. No, you do not fire John Harbaugh. If you were to have done it, it should have been years back, before this became his team. I think he sucks as a head coach, but his record defeats my myriad of points. My defense of Brian Billick was largely by not having a QB and an injury plagued 5-11 season. He never should have been fired. That said, by my own logic, you can not fire Harbaugh now either. Assess him at the end of the year. This is now his team, sink or swim, you have that discussion in at the end of the season, where I am sure I will have more to say on the matter, but for now, that is OFF the table. I may not like Harbaugh as a coach, but you shut the hell up and get behind him right now.

Ed Reed flu like symptoms. – Yes Ed, your play has made us all sick.

Gotta love Monday’s after a loss… - Honestly, as much as I love this board and some of my very good cyber-friends reside here, it is only a game. Haters like me, Kool-aid-Drinkers like you, and everyone in between love the Ravens. It is our escape. It is one of our passions, this is where we come to grouse. It is like group therapy without the fees or stigma for Raven’s fans. Enjoy it, whatever side you are on.

The crowd today – Can’t say I have any idea, but I decided last minute not to go. I had a bad feeling about the game and it would be my last opportunity to see the team this year, but as I said, it is only a game.

Mental Mistakes – Uh yeah… one need not look further than our coach and his challenge flags, among the other 22 problems. I’d let Ed Reed field this topic but he’d probably guess wrong and get burned.

Since Jimmy Smith can’t cover – Again, dude’s been hurt, legit. When I watched him in the AFCC game last year, he looked plenty good at covering. But when opposing QB’s get to sit in a recliner an throw the ball between beers; I imagine even Deion Sanders would give up a pass or two.

So, any OL doubters turning into believers now? – Leave my “Main-man-Wickedsolo” alone! Joe Flacco made more than a few of us look foolish agreeing with the sentiment he is a top 10 QB. But seriously, this is one of Harbaugh’s biggest flaws, fire Moeller and get a real line coach in here like Juan Castillo. Pssst, John, he was an Eagle, it fits the hiring chart!
    wicked.jpg

Where is Tyrod? – Crawling to Cleveland, oops, my bad, got the wrong scrub backup QB. I guess I would have stuck him in a rout, but with a new OC calling plays, it was the decision to keep working the first teamers I imagine in a game that clearly got away.

Steelers Lose – Ravens are in the Playoffs (merged) – Anytime the Steelers lose, it is a reason to celebrate. I mean, you me, the tree next to you believe we have zero shot of getting hot and winning it all. Maybe if the team spent an hour in the sauna, they might get hot. But they have no QB like Rodgers or Manning that can carry a team. Sorry, Joe, you just aren’t that good. But send Big Ben a cheeseburger for that pick he tossed in Dallas in OT.

A thought I had… - this relates to the AFCC game and a possible hangover. I can’t buy that since they came out game one and destroyed the Bengals. Negates that mindset.

Ravens DO NOT clinch AFCN if PGH defeats CIN! – I won’t be interested until the thread gets to at least 5 pages of arguing the nuances of NFL playoff calculators.

Fire Cameron! Oh wait… - I will say that Joe’s performance and what ever the offensive line considers ‘play’, the calls seemed better in adjusting. I don’t miss Cam.

Bright spots from today - I saved a lot of money on my car insurance!

That’s all I got, hope you enjoyed it! Take care Raven’s nation!

Blog Entries

Re: Captain Silver's broad view (not talk'n cheerleaders)...

Awesome thread, and I have to admit that you are right on harbaugh, this year has really been a huge backwards step for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I’d let Ed Reed field this topic but he’d probably guess wrong and get burned.
    You, sir, are correct. We also would have accepted...

I'd let Joe Flacco take a shot at this topic, but he'd probably just hit Chris Harris right in the hands.

or

I'd let Dennis Pitta field this topic, but he'd probably just tip-toe around it like the sideline at M&T.

Seriously though. Awesome post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Ravens DO NOT clinch AFCN if PGH defeats CIN! – I won’t be interested until the thread gets to at least 5 pages of arguing the nuances of NFL playoff calculators.
    Well hey, Cap, we're well into page 3 & after alarums, excursions & general misanthropy, are down to what appears to be bare mental--it all seems to come down to this line from nfl.com--
    (Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format)
    --& what "remain" means therein.

But don't trouble yerself, I'll let you know if anything definitive shows up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Awesome thread, and I have to admit that you are right on harbaugh, this year has really been a huge backwards step for him.
    I think everyone at the castle has to be held accountable. This has gotten beyond Harbaugh and he just isn't a good enough coach to win with smoke and mirrors or what I like to say X's and O's.

I am sure he talked Ozzie and Steve into keeping Cam, getting more players for special teams, and I think it hurt our depth. But, by the same token, Ozzie and Steve signed off on that. Now weather it comes back to bite Harbaugh in the ass, remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    You, sir, are correct. We also would have accepted...

I'd let Joe Flacco take a shot at this topic, but he'd probably just hit Chris Harris right in the hands.

or

I'd let Dennis Pitta field this topic, but he'd probably just tip-toe around it like the sideline at M&T.

Seriously though. Awesome post.

*** throws challenge flag ****

*** stares blankly ***

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Well hey, Cap, we're well into page 3 & after alarums, excursions & general misanthropy, are down to what appears to be bare mental--it all seems to come down to this line from nfl.com----& what "remain" means therein.

But don't trouble yerself, I'll let you know if anything definitive shows up.
    Thanks, I can always count on you. Can you play Left Tackle?

Blog Entries

Cap you my man 50 grand lol...harbs is in a brand new territory as head coach, its sink or swim, i know his ass is heating up right bou tnow, but Ozzie needs to take some heat for this shit too.