Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ed Reed flu like symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    The difference is that the Steelers will release long time players who are no longer productive regardless of their legacy. The Ravens seem to keep players based on sentimental reasons and these players typically are the higher paid who eat up the salary cap. That is why the Steelers have been more succuessful in developing young players on a consistent basis and why they have won 2 Super Bowls since 2000. I still hate them but certainly respect them.
    Good lord. This again. Where is my cut-and-paste button?

Derrick Mason
    Kelly Gregg
    Todd Heap
    Billy Cundiff
    Willis McGahee
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Horribly misleading thread title and OP statement.

So where in that article does he blame the flu? Where does the topic even come up?

He admits it was a great play.

I know Reed needs to go for a variety of reasons but now people are just making shit up to throw him under the bus?!?!

SMH.
    Reed said it in a post game interview and Its on the Baltimore Raven's website. I can't make the stuff up, Ed does.
    “I was not expecting him to jump, honestly,” Reed said. “I couldn’t react because I was just dealing with a lot of sickness early in the game. I just wasn’t all the way into it, honestly.

“I was dealing with flu symptoms and everything. I just kind of watched him jump over me. I wasn’t expecting that at all.”

3. Re: Ed Reed flu like symptoms.

On that play, Cary did one of the strangest things I've seen a DB do.

He watches the receiver catch the ball, then shoves him in the back and immediately pulls up--as if he thought the receiver was heading towards the sideline and that he'd shoved him out of bounds and that the play was over.

Then maybe you should link to that instead of an article that doesn't even mention it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'm done with Reed too. Time to cut this dead weight.
    there is nothing to cut. Reed's contract is up after this season and he won't be back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    there is nothing to cut. Reed's contract is up after this season and he won't be back.
    Yeah I know. I'm saying don't bring him back.

Here is the deal with Ed Reed. He can still play safety at a high level. He can't play safety like Ed Reed anymore though. He needs to play his assignments and stop gambling since he doesn't have the physical tools to recover anymore. However, I don't think he can stop being Ed Reed and just play like a good traditional safety. Hence the problem.