Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If Joe tanks down the stretch and still wants money, does John ask his bro about Smith?

At the start of the year I figured Joe for a Top 10 QB and I've always been in his corner. Then as the games progressed it was more like a Top 16 QB. It then got worse and these past five games he's been garbage: 57% completion pct. and 6 (costly) turnovers.

I don't think Alex Smith is going to lead us to the promised land but he's got a cap friendly number as well as a 104 passer rating with a 70% completion pct. This could be a nice band-aid and give us a year or two to put some pieces together (and wait for a good QB draft) instead of being stretched by a 12-15 million hit.

Re: If Joe tanks down the stretch and still wants money, does John ask his bro about Smith?

Possible. But unlikely.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: If Joe tanks down the stretch and still wants money, does John ask his bro about Smith?

Alex Smith is trash. I'm tired of even hearing the SUGGESTION that he's anything more than the guy who handed off to Frank Gore and threw the ball in the general direction of Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree.

No way the Ravens would upgrade by getting Alex Smith. If they're going to go the trade route, a better option might be Matt Flynn... as long as he could be paired up with a new OC like Karl Dorrell or Ben McAdoo who run a WCO.

Blog Entries

If this team is rebuilding they don't need an older player like Alex Smith. That's what teams like the Raiders do and it never works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    At the start of the year I figured Joe for a Top 10 QB and I've always been in his corner. Then as the games progressed it was more like a Top 16 QB. It then got worse and these past five games he's been garbage: 57% completion pct. and 6 (costly) turnovers.

I don't think Alex Smith is going to lead us to the promised land but he's got a cap friendly number as well as a 104 passer rating with a 70% completion pct. This could be a nice band-aid and give us a year or two to put some pieces together (and wait for a good QB draft) instead of being stretched by a 12-15 million hit.
    I don't know if A Smith is the guy, but I like your scenario in general.

He's one year into a 3 year/24 million/9 million guaranteed

Cap numbers are:

9.25 million in 2012, 9.75 million in 2013, and 8.75 million in 2014

I'm no capologist, post one states it's a friendly cap number so I'm just adding to the thread

Blog Entries
    Look how many rookie QBs are winning now. With the pistol, spread, wildcat, zone read, etc its a different game. Need someone mobile

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

You need a good, creative OC to maximise his abilities, and you'd still need a better OL.

I liked the suggestion of Matt Flynn.

Though, despite the fact this was a terrible bed-shitting, I won't give up on Flacco.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Their will be plenty of questions, right now way to early to speculate.

I have a better shot at being the Ravens next QB than Alex Smith.

As average as Joe is, Alex Smith is worse.