Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

Caldwell can't fix the problems this team has in one week or implement a new play book, the OL is atrocious, was can't get separation and drop to many balls and Joe is playing like shit. If he really wants to stick at OC he needs to make some and tell Harbs want he needs on the field. Slide Boldin to #2 or even 3 put Doss in more, move Blind side to LG and Mckinnie in at LT. Blind Side is still technically on the Blind Side of the QB. Run more power with Pierce early alternating with Rice and get the ball out of Joe's hands faster if the OL continues its woes.

Next on the block Dean Swiss Pees, injuries or not this D is frustrated and it starts with the vanilla scheme. you are not the answer at DC on this team and should not have ever been. Again another reason Harbs needs to be slapped a few times by Biscuit.

Blog Entries

Caldwell changed quite a bit. The pass plays sent in had far more quick routes than we ever saw under Cameron.

Blog Entries

what magically changed?... Caldwell himself admitted the system didnt change, and from what I saw our WRs still werent put in positions to succeed and our run game was pretty much nullified. Flacco had a bad game, but there was plenty, if not most, of times that the WRs simply were not open. I thought it was unrealistic to think Caldwell comes in and just by play calling alone turns this offense around. wishful thinking but there isnt enough time for him to put his stamp on it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Caldwell changed quite a bit. The pass plays sent in had far more quick routes than we ever saw under Cameron.
    In general id agree but 1 from 0 could be considered quite a bit. I still saw deep passes with dump offs and not much else at the end of the day.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    you mean the dump offs? yeah they were really effective ... Leach got his receptions again

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    you mean the dump offs? yeah they were really effective ... Leach got his receptions again

There was a lot of slants and plays to the middle of the field. Really, I thought the play selection wasn't too bad. The execution was just piss poor.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

keep telling yourself that.. Cam is gone and he must've been the problem, right? At least he took a few shots downfield.
    That was death by 1,000 cuts and there is no protecting Flacco and his poor judgment and errant throws anymore.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There was a lot of slants and plays to the middle of the field. Really, I thought the play selection wasn't too bad. The execution was just piss poor.
    Agree'd. It really seemed like the same play calling, BUT we did introduce a few plays that we didn't see under Cam. The execution was just horrible and that almost surel lands at Joe's feet. he was beyond horrible and his QBR should've been another of those lowest of the season if not for a couple TD's in garbage time when the game was already out of reach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    keep telling yourself that.. Cam is gone and he must've been the problem, right? At least he took a few shots downfield.
    That was death by 1,000 cuts and there is no protecting Flacco and his poor judgment and errant throws anymore.
    The whole offense is a joke at this point.

The OL can't block and frankly nothing is going to get better until they fix the OL, which at this point won't happen until the off-season.

Rice averaged 3.2 ypc yesterday.

They have to get better across the board and that includes Flacco.

9. Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

Play calling was better.
    But...

Offensive line was bad with both pass and run blocking
    WRs were bad with drops, poor route running, no separation
    QB was bad with decision making and accuracy ( When Bad Joe shows up,
    he REALLY shows up :grbac: )

This team's offense looks like it doesn't even want to play anymore this season--like they know this isn't their year because of all the injuries, so they've just about quit.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    what magically changed?... Caldwell himself admitted the system didnt change, and from what I saw our WRs still werent put in positions to succeed and our run game was pretty much nullified. Flacco had a bad game, but there was plenty, if not most, of times that the WRs simply were not open. I thought it was unrealistic to think Caldwell comes in and just by play calling alone turns this offense around. wishful thinking but there isnt enough time for him to put his stamp on it completely.
    I saw more drag routes and slants, even a bunch formation a couple of times...less 9 step drops and deep bombs. So I do think that Caldwell tweaked some things in the playbook. But agree - and said so last week - there is only so much that a new OC (one that has never game-planned and opponent or called plays, mind you) could accomplish in 1 week. I suspect him to do better in the coming weeks as he learns the strengths and weaknesses of his players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I saw more drag routes and slants, even a bunch formation a couple of times...less 9 step drops and deep bombs. So I do think that Caldwell tweaked some things in the playbook. But agree - and said so last week - there is only so much that a new OC (one that has never game-planned and opponent or called plays, mind you) could accomplish in 1 week. I suspect him to do better in the coming weeks as he learns the strengths and weaknesses of his players.
    [/QUOTE]

Yea, I think Flacco only really went deep about 2 or 3 times as opposed to every other pass. The one was a beautiful pass to Jacoby.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, I think Flacco only really went deep about 2 or 3 times as opposed to every other pass. The one was a beautiful pass to Jacoby.
    It was. But to be honest, I thought Flacco had a horrible game in terms of reading and reacting. Yes, the OL sucked, but there are things that an OC and a QB can do that keeps a defense from pinning their ears back and rushing the QB on every single play. For example, in the first quarter, the Ravens set up a bunch formation to the left, and the Broncos blitzed from that side. Boldin (one of the bunch receivers) was WIDE open with tons of room to run. Good-to-very-good QBs see that receiver and make the Broncos pay for their aggressiveness.