Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bright spots from today

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Doss runs nice, crisp routes, he has deceptive speed, and his hands are solid. I think the team should find more time for him, especially when there's a very good chance he'll be asked to step up and start in 2013.

Think he's better than Boldin at this point in their respective careers, at least in terms of talent.
    Nice to see Doss get some targets. I've been a supporter since camp
    In 2013, he'll have the best reception % among WRs, and will challenge Pitta overall in reception.

Blog Entries

Doss compares favourably with Decker, now if he breaks out next season the way Decker has, that would be awesome. Sadly, we do not have Peyton Manning throwing him the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Doss compares favourably with Decker, now if he breaks out next season the way Decker has, that would be awesome. Sadly, we do not have Peyton Manning throwing him the ball.
    I love Eric Decker. Wanted him here badly.
    He's a hyper-type A tough SOB...like Steve Smith, Michael Irvin and Wayne Chrebet combined.
    I've only wanted Dennis Pitta and TY Hilton here more over the last few years.

iggyman555 Guest

i won my fantasy matchup

Jacoby Jones continues to impress. He didn't break one (but came close a few times), but he is explosive on returns, and had a nice day at WR.

Bright spot is that it was just one loss in the loss column. Hopefully the ravens develop a short memory, regroup and start over. Also another week for guys who missed yesterday's game to get healty for this week's game.

Another bright spot is that perhaps we are catching the Giants at the right time but they could say the same for us

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I also made the comparison to Decker in an earlier thread. Similar body types--long and lean, with long arms and big hands. Neither have "burner" speed, but both are very quick in and out of their cuts and have very good route running/separation skills.

Both of them seem to have a very good feel for reading coverages and finding soft spots, Decker moreso but Doss has shown a little bit of that and could improve. Both are good YAC guys--did you guys notice Doss almost breaking a long punt return toward the end of the game? GREAT elusiveness with the ball in his hands.

If we do what I HOPE we do next year and bring in a new offensive system (and perhaps new QB), we really have some great pieces for a WCO. Doss would look good in that system, Pitta would look GREAT, Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce are also good fits. Torrey Smith isn't a phenomenal fit with his bad route running but defenses would need to respect his speed deep and on crossing routes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Too funny! I know how you feel.