Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

A thought I had...

I'm beginning to wonder if this team (coaching staff included) is really truly over losing in New England last year. Sometimes, I don't think they are.

Regarding Flacco - you know...I still believe that this team can win a championship, but I've kind of cooled on him as of late. I think he is good, but he really does need a good OL in front of him and good receivers. I don't think he can "make" things happen out there enough times for THIS current team to be successful. However, with a good supporting cast I think he can be solid. At this point, I think a fair comparison is a quicker Drew Bledsoe.

I think Flacco is the right option for next year, but I do think that if the Ravens are smart they are starting to scout around for other options.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: A thought I had...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if this team (coaching staff included) is really truly over losing in New England last year. Sometimes, I don't think they are.

Regarding Flacco - you know...I still believe that this team can win a championship, but I've kind of cooled on him as of late. I think he is good, but he really does need a good OL in front of him and good receivers. I don't think he can "make" things happen out there enough times for THIS current team to be successful. However, with a good supporting cast I think he can be solid. At this point, I think a fair comparison is a quicker Drew Bledsoe.

I think Flacco is the right option for next year, but I do think that if the Ravens are smart they are starting to scout around for other options.
    Drew Bledsoe/Matt Schaub are good comparisons.

That's why I think the personel and philosophy should change...I really want one of those guys from the Shanahan/Kubiak coaching tree.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Drew Bledsoe/Matt Schaub are good comparisons.

That's why I think the personel and philosophy should change...I really want one of those guys from the Shanahan/Kubiak coaching tree.
    Me too.

I'd love to see Karl Dorrell as the OC here.

I'd also be interested in Jack Del Rio coming here as the HC and replacing Harbs.

Harbaugh would never ever blame his assistant coaches to the media

Del Rio threw them under the bus every week

Sounds a poisonous atmosphere

Blog Entries

Wicked you might be on to something. Recall that the last time we finished 9-7 and limped into the playoffs, was also after we lost he AFC championship game. I am sure they are not over it, I am not. But I don't think thats the problem. I think the problem is they (FO, Coaches, Players) allowed getting that close to make them complacent. It's almost like they thought being just a drop away from the Superbowl they didn't need to do much to get back there and go further.

Me too.

I'd love to see Karl Dorrell as the OC here.

I'd also be interested in Jack Del Rio coming here as the HC and replacing Harbs.
    I would be ok with Hugh Jackson or Wisenhunt should he get canned by Arizona also.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I would be ok with Hugh Jackson or Wisenhunt should he get canned by Arizona also.
    Hugh Jackson?

Really?

I want absolutely zero part of that guy ever in my organization again.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I see that you, too, are now beginning to catch onto what it took me a long time to get. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. I had made excuses for him for far too long. Even if Flacco heats up down the stretch, all it will prove is that instead of being one of the worst QB's in the league, he's average--good 50% of the time and bad 50% of the time is equal to average.

First, this team needs a coaching shakeup. Harbaugh has lost the locker room and was useless in terms of X's and O's anyway. The offensive and defensive coaching staff is terrible all around. IMO, they need to go out and get a young genius offensive mind like a Jay Gruden... the best candidates I'm aware of are Joe Lombardi in New Orleans, Karl Dorrell in Houston, and Ben McAdoo in Green Bay. I think Ben McAdoo is a major dark horse, he's very young but he's coordinated both the TEs and QBs in Green Bay and been successful coaching their WCO.

Move to the WCO, dump Flacco and trade for Matt Flynn. I'm sure the Seahawks will want to get rid of him and he's a veteran, he should be expected to start out of the gate. I doubt it would take more than a 3rd to a non-conference opponent. The Ravens are going to need to cut all the fat off their contract situation in order to rebuild in 2013... Reed, Lewis, Birk, Leach, Boldin... all gone. That's got to be close to 20m right there.

If they grab Ben McAdoo from Green Bay, maybe Greg Jennings wouldn't mind coming here to play in his offense again? Not sure, but they need to upgrade OL and WR in the offseason in a big way. They need a LT and I think they should move Oher to guard at this point. He can't handle the speed rush or bull rush, what makes people think he'd be better at RT? His TRUE future is at LG.

LT-??? LG-Oher C-Gradkowski/? RG-Yanda RT-Osemele

So, in essence, they need a major offensive makeover in every respect.

I asked this in another thread, but I kind of wonder if Joe has been playing hurt? Regardless of my moniker, I am NOT making excuses for him but I have been wondering if he has an undisclosed injury. I ask this because he has just been so off with his throws; a lot of them are high, with no touch or accuracy. Having said that, he was absolutely dreadful today, and I don't care that this was Caldwell's first game as OC. That was an embarrassing performance, and I wonder if we are seeing his final games in a Ravens uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I see that you, too, are now beginning to catch onto what it took me a long time to get. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. I had made excuses for him for far too long. Even if Flacco heats up down the stretch, all it will prove is that instead of being one of the worst QB's in the league, he's average--good 50% of the time and bad 50% of the time is equal to average
    So in one week, you went from he can still be really good to one of the worst QBs in the league?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I see that you, too, are now beginning to catch onto what it took me a long time to get. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. I had made excuses for him for far too long. Even if Flacco heats up down the stretch, all it will prove is that instead of being one of the worst QB's in the league, he's average--good 50% of the time and bad 50% of the time is equal to average.

First, this team needs a coaching shakeup. Harbaugh has lost the locker room and was useless in terms of X's and O's anyway. The offensive and defensive coaching staff is terrible all around. IMO, they need to go out and get a young genius offensive mind like a Jay Gruden... the best candidates I'm aware of are Joe Lombardi in New Orleans, Karl Dorrell in Houston, and Ben McAdoo in Green Bay. I think Ben McAdoo is a major dark horse, he's very young but he's coordinated both the TEs and QBs in Green Bay and been successful coaching their WCO.

Move to the WCO, dump Flacco and trade for Matt Flynn. I'm sure the Seahawks will want to get rid of him and he's a veteran, he should be expected to start out of the gate. I doubt it would take more than a 3rd to a non-conference opponent. The Ravens are going to need to cut all the fat off their contract situation in order to rebuild in 2013... Reed, Lewis, Birk, Leach, Boldin... all gone. That's got to be close to 20m right there.

If they grab Ben McAdoo from Green Bay, maybe Greg Jennings wouldn't mind coming here to play in his offense again? Not sure, but they need to upgrade OL and WR in the offseason in a big way. They need a LT and I think they should move Oher to guard at this point. He can't handle the speed rush or bull rush, what makes people think he'd be better at RT? His TRUE future is at LG.

LT-??? LG-Oher C-Gradkowski/? RG-Yanda RT-Osemele

So, in essence, they need a major offensive makeover in every respect.
    I agree with pretty much everything you've said except dumping Flacco for Flynn.

#1 - At this point, Flacco has played himself out of a big time contract. No way in hell he is getting a major deal.
    #2 - What has Matt Flynn done? He had 1 big game...and that's it. Case and point dude - Joe Philbin didn't even want Flynn enough to get him in Miami and he had NO quarterback there.

Now, if they brought in Flynn as a contingency plan...cool.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said except dumping Flacco for Flynn.

#1 - At this point, Flacco has played himself out of a big time contract. No way in hell he is getting a major deal.
    #2 - What has Matt Flynn done? He had 1 big game...and that's it. Case and point dude - Joe Philbin didn't even want Flynn enough to get him in Miami and he had NO quarterback there.

Now, if they brought in Flynn as a contingency plan...cool.
    First, I have been upset about Joe Flacco most of the season. His irratic play this season has to be a major concern for the Ravens. And even though Joe has played horribly this year except for a few games, he will be franchised and receive a contract equal to the average of the top 5 qb salaries. That will be a lot of money for an inconsistent qb who displays ZERO pocket awareness. The Ravens need to bring in a qb who could compete for the #1 qb position with Joe. But they won't!