Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A thought I had...

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    People are talking about Harbaugh losing the locker room?

How about Flacco losing the offense?

Do you see the body language of the offensive players, their expressions on the sideline. Flacco is not their leader.. they are not charging into battle with him. Boldin has stopped running routes because he is so tired of Flacco not being able to hit spots.

On the first series of the game Flacco fumbles
    On the second series he misses a WIDE open Tandon Doss on third down.

He is constantly late high and behind his receivers

You wonder why the Ravens don't run quick slants and crossing patterns?

Flacco isn't accurate enough to make the throws with the necessary consistency.

So now Flacco got Cameron fired.

Boller got Cavanaugh, Fossil, and I can't remember who else fired.

Boller was a bad college QB who Ozzie saw something in. (outsmarted himself)

Flacco is a division II QB who Ozzie saw something in. (outsmarted himself)
    Some of this shit is hilarious. Keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. At this point, I am absolutely questioning whether I was wrong about Flacco--I believed that he was a very good quarterback who was being held back by a lot of factors, and once those factors were improved or mitigated he would substantially improve.

I'm no fool. Today, there were still a lot of factors that impeded Flacco's ability to perform at a high level--chiefly the domination of his offensive line. The OL was just garbage today and he never was able to get comfortable. But he's been able to play at a high level at home when his OL wasn't dominant before--he did it vs. Cincinnati earlier in the year. Why can't he do that again? Because he doesn't seem consistent enough mentally.

I really am trying not to let the game today color my evaluation too much. But he made a number of throws that an NFL QB simply can't make... and he destroyed our chance to win the game with the pick-six. He can still improve, he can still get better. But I'm not holding my breath. I think he's average to above average at this point.
    I seem to remember the O line playing pretty well that game so well that a thread was started asking if any doubters were believers now and they ran the no huddle almost exclusively that game and were able to run unlike today so that is not the same to me, he was under duress most of the game when they went no huddle it got better except for the INT.

Now you may still be right because he played pretty well despite an almost ridiculous rush in the playoff game vs Houston, despite his stats in that game he never came close to throwing a pick and made a few big plays to help win the game. But today was different maybe he just stepped his game up in the Houston game or maybe it was just too much this game but t compare it to the Cincy game at the beginning of the year, everyone was playing better that game almost night and day difference.

Honestly, I think the best bet for the Ravens is to sign Joe to a 3yr reasonable cap friendly deal that says we still like you a lot but you gotta prove it if you want $16M+/yr money. 3yrs would be in his prime (if he's good) to sign that franchise QB deal. Problem is teams like the Cards are gonna overpay for Flacco, so he and his agent still have the leverage. Also, is Joe just chasing the money?

4. Re: A thought I had...

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    People are talking about Harbaugh losing the locker room?

How about Flacco losing the offense?

Do you see the body language of the offensive players, their expressions on the sideline. Flacco is not their leader.. they are not charging into battle with him. Boldin has stopped running routes because he is so tired of Flacco not being able to hit spots.

On the first series of the game Flacco fumbles
    On the second series he misses a WIDE open Tandon Doss on third down.

He is constantly late high and behind his receivers

You wonder why the Ravens don't run quick slants and crossing patterns?

Flacco isn't accurate enough to make the throws with the necessary consistency.

So now Flacco got Cameron fired.

Boller got Cavanaugh, Fossil, and I can't remember who else fired.

Boller was a bad college QB who Ozzie saw something in. (outsmarted himself)

Flacco is a division II QB who Ozzie saw something in. (outsmarted himself)
    Think you had a good response until the very end. Flacco has been the NFL for five years now.

That said, I'm not sure how you fork over a big contract to him this offseason? I'm not saying the Ravens should let him hit the market and start from scratch at Qb. But the Ravens have seemed to paint themselves in a corner here.

Blog Entries

For a large portion of his career, Flacco's #1 WR has been age 30+.

He has never had the luxury of a Calvin Johnson or a Hakeem Nicks.

See how "elite" Stafford would be without CJ.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

Stafford hasnt been all that great this year either.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Stafford hasnt been all that great this year either.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    exactly my point.

Look up Stafford's completion %-age - it isn't so good. He just lost me my fantasy game today, and has been inconsistent all year.

I'm hoping Flacco holds out next year for the highest offer, that's what the NFL is all about. Pretty sure some other team will offer him a nice amount to play for them.. That way we can see how well he plays in a different setting. Where ever he plays, I'll be cheering for him. The fans in Baltimore who think they know whats up are all mouth.

I really don't see Flacco signing a short deal. Pretty rare thing to see a young, established QB sign a deal for less than 5 or 6 years... not much incentive for Flacco to go for a 3 year deal instead. The team would surely prefer it, of course.

If Flacco gets a deal for 3 years, 39 million with 20 guaranteed from us, he'll probably get 5 years, 65 million with 35 guaranteed from Arizona, Kansas City, or Jacksonville. As a player, it's a no-brainer to take the deal that offers more financial security. So, I think you can forget about retaining Flacco on any kind of "prove it" deal.

After the Philly game I pointed some this this out, kind of cut Cameron a little slack. But today Flacco under-performed even my own expectations.....that pick 6 was inexcusable.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

So...I guess we should expect and accept what we are getting because he doesn't have an elite WR?

Hell in some threads, some posters are really pissed about the prospect of us letting Boldin walk, then on the other hand, our WR's aren't that good.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I was wondering where you were PP. As I initiated this thread I was curious how long before you'd post in it.

I don't dislike Flacco to the magnitude of your feelings towards him though. I'm not ready to say that his ship has sailed.

However, I believe now that Flacco just really needs a good supporting cast offensively. The reality is, MOST QB's in the NFL need a good supporting cast around them. Hell, even some of the best QB performances of all time have come from teams with outstanding OL play.

I really think that if they fix the OL this off-season and can get the ground game going, then Flacco will be good to go.

I agree, I don't see why Flacco needing a decent supporting cast is something that should be held against him, along with his own deficiencies having no time to throw and a stagnant running game is a terrible combination.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2