Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Where do we go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Good point but that point that GOTA and I were making is that you never really know. I really think Joe can do better which is why I am so dissapointed in him and not ready to give up like so many here.
    I'm starting to realize that maybe this is as good as Joe will get here.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    When the going got tough at Pitt Flacco took his ball and went home. I don't think that speaks highly of his competitive fire. Now that things are going sour in the NFL is he going to quit and run to Canada where he can be a star?
    Really?

When we get Pollard, Ray, Ellerbe, McClain, Yanda, and Dickson back then I'll take our chances... We're really hurt right now.. The only team that looks awesome right now is New England.. Maybe we'll get hot in the next few weeks... It's not like crazier things haven't happened
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    When the going got tough at Pitt Flacco took his ball and went home. I don't think that speaks highly of his competitive fire. Now that things are going sour in the NFL is he going to quit and run to Canada where he can be a star?
    Have another drink

Even on the pick he threw the only guy I saw hauling ass up the field to make a play was Joe. Not excusing the pick, just saying Joe is a NFL QB and even if he does not demonstrably show his frustration and anger, I am reasonably sure he is competitive.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    When we get Pollard, Ray, Ellerbe, McClain, Yanda, and Dickson back then I'll take our chances... We're really hurt right now.. The only team that looks awesome right now is New England.. Maybe we'll get hot in the next few weeks... It's not like crazier things haven't happened
    Agreed. I can't help but feel like we can do something scheme wise to increase the teams effectiveness. Look at all the people we were missing on defense and in the first half Pees schemed up a hell of a game. I was looking more from an X's and O's standpoint, on ways the Ravens could literally improve but we just lost so.....

Blog Entries

Funny thing, watching this Steelers game I'm already thinking about next season in my head. The Ravens look like they are gonna get booted straight out of the playoffs, or at best 1 and done. If they win the Div they'll have bottom half of the round draft picks and a 1st place schedule next year to show for it. There's a tiny percentage of me hoping that the Steelers take the North... But it is a tiny percentage, because fuck it, winning the north is winning the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I'm starting to realize that maybe this is as good as Joe will get here.
    You may be right, and they are in the proverbial boat up the creek withouth the paddle because they should have let Cameron go two years ago and brought a new system in. What give me some hope is that he has been clutch at times, very clutch and I jsut don't think that an average QB does some of that.

Eli was terrible today and many think he is better than Joe and I disagree, its just that he has 2 Superbowl wins and many think that alone makes him better.

I really don't know, its just a feeling I have about him, give him that one more year under a new system and some O line help and we shall see.

Well, considering we are reasonably sure we are making the playoffs, I say where we go from here is experimentation; so to speak. It's time to put Oher back to RT where he belongs, move KO to guard and sit Jah Reid's ass down, and put McKinnie in at LT. I don't care what the media says anymore about what they THINK about him. It's time to solve the OL problem.

It's time to stop treating Anquan Boldin like a #1 WR. Put him in the slot and let him work that part of the field. And get Doss on the field with Jones more as well.

Caldwell should take the next two days, go through the entire playbook, all 2 pages of it (yes I'm being sarcastic here), and figure out ways to get receivers into the middle of the field more often than garbage time.

Just for starters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Well, considering we are reasonably sure we are making the playoffs, I say where we go from here is experimentation; so to speak. It's time to put Oher back to RT where he belongs, move KO to guard and sit Jah Reid's ass down, and put McKinnie in at LT. I don't care what the media says anymore about what they THINK about him. It's time to solve the OL problem.

It's time to stop treating Anquan Boldin like a #1 WR. Put him in the slot and let him work that part of the field. And get Doss on the field with Jones more as well.

Caldwell should take the next two days, go through the entire playbook, all 2 pages of it (yes I'm being sarcastic here), and figure out ways to get receivers into the middle of the field more often than garbage time.

Just for starters.
    This. McKinnie still riding the bench at this point while Flacco gets killed every week is almost laughable.

Just for starters.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Mckinnie not playing is just retarded at this point. Same goes for Doss and Jones not seeing the field more.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Just for starters.
    :word I'm REALLY tired of them

1. Avoiding the middle of the field like the plague.

2. Still with the long developing routes

3. Pretending this O-line is the best option when it is not at this point.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

1- Make the FO decision to get back to the AFCCG in 2014, not 2013. I think we need to step back a bit (see #2 below) before we move forward.
    2 - If Jim doesn't win the job (and maybe it looks that way), get an innovative OC in here. WCO based system with an H-back would be my preference.
    3 - Dump as much salary possible this winter. I'm looking at each of the elder players here. Just rip the bandaid right the hell off and keep it moving.
    4 - Look at mid-tier FAs as usual. No splashes please.
    5 - Be bold and aggressive in both 2013 and 2014 drafts. We have 11 picks this spring, we need to get max value.

I'm not sure what to do about Joe, but I'm intrigued by Teddy Bridgewater in 2014.
    I'm not sure what to do about Harbs. Ask again in three weeks.