main reason want Steelers to win next week

Would be 6 seed and getting healthier. If you are Denver you dont want Pittsburgh in the opening round of WC.
    Ravens would host Colts.
    IF Steelers beat Denver and Ravens win over Colts. Pitt travels to #1 seed. Ravens travel to #2 seed.
    Only way Ravens can play Steelers is in AFCCG in Baltimore in postseason, which is the most diserable scenario.

Plus, gives you 2 weeks to rest and heal up and tweek offense.

I would rather be a 4 seed playing Colts, than 3 seed (Denver playing Pittsburgh and a healthy Ben and they should be getting Ike an Allen back by then also.

Manning has never beaten Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

As much as we hate the Steelers, they are are allie, Cincy wont win in Denver or much less 2 consecutive road games.

Blog Entries

Re: main reason want Steelers to win next week

Why does this even matter? You don't tip toe into the lions den and hope to god you don't see the lion. If the Ravens want to win it all, they have to be ready to beat anybody. Strong words for a struggling team but that is how it is.

The only team I see us beating is the Colts. Maybe.

I want PITT to win next week for the sole reason that I don't want the division title to come down to the last game of the season in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The only team I see us beating is the Colts. Maybe.
    You are likely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Why does this even matter? You don't tip toe into the lions den and hope to god you don't see the lion. If the Ravens want to win it all, they have to be ready to beat anybody. Strong words for a struggling team but that is how it is.
    This is just one posters view but why wouldn't anybody want the scenario that is going to give them the best chance to win it all? All this 'I want to play a team at full strength' or 'I want to play the toughest nastiest team' is silly. Besides every team in the playoffs is tough but you don't match up evenly with everyone of them (see Denver).