Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Where do we go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    The window for this team has closed. Time to rebuild. I dont think you can do that with harbs. Question is, can you do it with Flacco and the money he is going to command.
    I hate to agree with you but also believe this to be true. Teams typically go in cycles and when you look at other organizations such as the Steelers and Patriots, they are competitive every year because they let older non productive (but high paid) players go and bring in fresh talent. It is time for Ray and Ed to retire and Flacco is not the QB who can take them to the Super Bowl without a solid defense and running game. He needs a great supporting cast and I am not even sure that this would be enough since you just never know which Joe will show up from game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This. McKinnie still riding the bench at this point while Flacco gets killed every week is almost laughable.
    Flacco would already be dead if McKinnie was starting every week.

3. Re: Where do we go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Well, considering we are reasonably sure we are making the playoffs, I say where we go from here is experimentation; so to speak. It's time to put Oher back to RT where he belongs, move KO to guard and sit Jah Reid's ass down, and put McKinnie in at LT. I don't care what the media says anymore about what they THINK about him. It's time to solve the OL problem.

It's time to stop treating Anquan Boldin like a #1 WR. Put him in the slot and let him work that part of the field. And get Doss on the field with Jones more as well.

Caldwell should take the next two days, go through the entire playbook, all 2 pages of it (yes I'm being sarcastic here), and figure out ways to get receivers into the middle of the field more often than garbage time.

Just for starters.
    I agree with a lot of this. The thing thats been coming up a lot over the past month is teams are realizing if you blitz us usually good things will happen (for them). Joe has just not been consistent enough to beat the blitz and man to man coverage. Not really a new observation, obviously, but its the reason we go entire quarters without getting a first down. Denver keyed in on Rice on first and second down, then blitzed and watched Flacco overthrow, underthrow, and not throw on single coverage.

In the playoffs you're not gonna get those great 1st and 2nd down runs all the time, so we definitely need to experiment on some quick hitters that work. Today we saw them try the quick wheel route (which has missed every time now in the past couple weeks), and they threw the slants with Doss, that looks like it has some promise. The other thing is on the max protection routes, Joe misses most of the long throws too. It really is a vexing problem because he's most comfortable throwing in the seams, and thats the one thing defenses are taking away from him. Whatever happened to the Flacco that owned the sideline routes? I dunno. Yeah we definitely need to retool this OL on the fly and go power, and hand the keys to Rice and Pierce. Really that should have always been the gameplan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Flacco would already be dead if McKinnie was starting every week.
    That is just a stupid statement. McKinnie started every game for the Ravens at LT last year. He played better at LT last year than Oher has played this year. McKinnie may not be the long term answer at LT for the Ravens, and he may only be an average LT, but he is better than Oher, and is a way better OL option than Bobbie Williams, Harewood, or Jah Reid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    When we get Pollard, Ray, Ellerbe, McClain, Yanda, and Dickson back then I'll take our chances... We're really hurt right now.. The only team that looks awesome right now is New England.. Maybe we'll get hot in the next few weeks... It's not like crazier things haven't happened
    This.

And I am still optimistic the Cam firing can still pay out the dividend Bisciotti was looking for over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    The window for this team has closed. Time to rebuild. I dont think you can do that with harbs. Question is, can you do it with Flacco and the money he is going to command.
    Are you being serious? With the Flacco thing? LOL.