Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    The sad thing is that there were TONS of casual fans that recognized that Boldin was being mis-used. He is clearly a middle of the field player who creates mismatches with his size and against LB's, yet Cam always put him on the outside- That, in my opinion, is the primary reason that our offense came into it's own when Caldwell took over- and just pisses me off that Cam could be so stubborn (or stupid) all this time.

I still think Boldin has about 1 more decent year left in him (at most 2) before he really starts turning in some diminishing returns. His cap hit this year is definitely too high, and I wouldn't mind seeing him adjust his contract to a 3 year deal at around 1 million this year, about 3 million next year, and about 5 Million in 2015 (with about a a $6-9 Million up front bonus thrown in for a cap hit of around 3 Million this year).
    Exactly. Many fans saw the obvious but since they were just fans they couldn't be right.
    Opposing players said the same thing, over and over again, yet still, no one listened.
    Cam ran the same handful of plays with the same few pass routes and expected them to work even though every team knew they were coming.
    Players' strengths were not considered, instead the player had to perform inside the archaic system.
    We didn't use the middle of the field SOOOO, any defensive coach with half a brain WILL run cover two.
    Everyone needs to realize how difficult it was for this offense to succeed even though every team KNEW exactly what our guys were doing. And still our guys kept winning enough to make the playoffs 4 years in a row.

As soon as Caldwell had more than 3 days to prepare, our offense changed...not drastically, but started using the entire playbook and put the players in positions to succeed based on their skill sets AND using formations to create natural separation. WHAT?! That's CRAZY!!!
    It is not rocket science, it is actually common sense. That's all it is.
    If a defense adjusts to our guys throwing over the middle, we will throw it over the top or to the outside OR run right where their linebackers are vacating. Mix it up. Keep THEM guessing. Make THEM defend the entire field like our defense has done for the past 17 years.

Yes, try to keep Boldin here and happy. He has earned it.
    This will be a very important draft.
    We need to fill many spots with some quality players that fit under the CAP.
    Make sure the Oline is ready to keep Joe upright like during the playoffs and draft a BIG body at NG that can be counted on. (Jenkins from Georgia if he is still there) Then worry about an ILB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hopefully it was with the Steelers ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You're assuming he really did get a job as an NFL scout. Let's just say I have my doubts.
    Bisciotti offered me Decosta's job after the Oher draft but I turned it down.

BTW, Film Study gave Oher a grade of D for the SB. Par for the course.

Actually, I'd like the job just driving DeCosta around town. He always has a driver
    when he speaks to Nest 1.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You're assuming he really did get a job as an NFL scout. Let's just say I have my doubts.
    I have doubts too bc of some of his post but hey I have to meet Oz tomorrow and get this Flacco deal rolling again so I can no longer post after tonight

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    If the Ravens continue to run the pass offense through Boldin instead of Smith and Jones the passing offense will struggle. Too many targets per completion rate for possession WR. That's Ravens fault, outside of line play.
    How that work for the Ravens during the SB run MR. SCOUT? You couldn't scout Pee Wee talent let alone High School or flag football.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    "Boldin does not have the speed to be a starting WR in the NFL anymore and doesn't run precise routes either"
    He was very surprised he still starts. Has extremely low completion rate per targets for a possession WR.

" he also said Ravens are better off with Jones on the Feild"

He is knowledgeable and should know.
    Ha Ha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Sorry, just couldn't resist fixing that for ya! :D

Blog Entries

Toooo funnnnny.

I was always a Boldin fan and never lost confidence in him, but it is easy to see why a lot of people did. He was seriously slowed by knee injury issues, and his production was incredibly sporadic.

It is always a big risk thoug to bury a big time player the first or second time you see them stumble though.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I was always a Boldin fan and never lost confidence in him, but it is easy to see why a lot of people did. He was seriously slowed by knee injury issues, and his production was incredibly sporadic.

It is always a big risk thoug to bury a big time player the first or second time you see them stumble though.
    Obviously, he was just not being used properly under Cam.

He does drop some catch-able passes though. That is frustrating.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Once Caldwell took over, Boldin worked exclusively out of the slot, where he belongs. Cam had him out wide 80% of the time. That's the difference. The entire fan base knew he belonged in the slot, mindboggling how awful Cameron was!

Blog Entries

YUP, that's what I kept reading in this forum, that he was a slot receiver but CAM had a lot of guys playing out of
    position like Oher and KO. Ravens didn't start winning until Jim put them in the right place and inserted McKinney
    for the first time all year.