Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

Looking at the date of the post, I understand it. Obviously Boulder wouldn't post that after this game.

Great piece by Pat Kirwan with a nice part about Boldin.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...-unsung-heroes
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    See Boldin's moves to the outside here.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...5-9639bf9c1cb5
    Damn, but that was a hell of a play by Flacco and Boldin.

SuggsKill Guest

Boldin was awesome during the post-season. I'm glad he got it.

Blog Entries

Boldin made up for the big drop in Pissburgh on the goal line a couple of
    years ago but this thread makes me wonder how the OP just got a job as
    a scout with an NFL team.

Ravens will do everything to keep him if they can squeeze him under
    the cap "bad hands and all."

Boldin won a lot of games for Ravens over the years and we wouldn't be the champs
    now w/o him.

You're assuming he really did get a job as an NFL scout. Let's just say I have my doubts.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You're assuming he really did get a job as an NFL scout. Let's just say I have my doubts.
    Hopefully it was with the Steelers ;)

C'mon guys... in hindsight, based on the outcome of the season this thread looks a bit silly. But, at the time we were all frustrated with this team, including Boldin's production. The majority of us thought Boldin's productive years were gone even 2 years ago after that Steelers game. Halfway through the season, there was a large group here that would have been happy to let Joe walk at the end of the season. How's that look now? Let it die... and lets talk about now.

I love it when threads like these are dug up and bumped:)

FO needs to find a way to retain Boldin. He and Joe have great chemistry right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    C'mon guys... in hindsight, based on the outcome of the season this thread looks a bit silly. But, at the time we were all frustrated with this team, including Boldin's production. The majority of us thought Boldin's productive years were gone even 2 years ago after that Steelers game. Halfway through the season, there was a large group here that would have been happy to let Joe walk at the end of the season. How's that look now? Let it die... and lets talk about now.
    So says they guy famous for starting a thread predicting the Ravens would go 8-8

I'm just messing with you. Those damn crystal balls still don't seem to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    So says they guy famous for starting a thread predicting the Ravens would go 8-8

I'm just messing with you. Those damn crystal balls still don't seem to be working.
    Haha... and it's funny. But at the time, I was frustrated and I really did think 8-8 or 9-7 was in the realm of possibility... and it was. Thank god it didn't happen. There is no crystal ball, ;) Anything other than reporting what HAS happened, is pure emotionally charged speculation for most of us.

Personally, if my list of priorities mattered, retaining Boldin would be #2 behind getting Flacco resigned. But hell, Boulder could be right... Maybe Caldwell saw something (the middle of the field) that played to Boldin's advantage, but maybe now that it's been seen by all of teams a few times, the opposing D's will shut it down next year and make him look slow and old again. I hope not.... but they have to play the games so we can see. I truly hope that what we saw between Boldin and Flacco in the last 4 games is just a glimpse of what's to come. I wonder what we'd be saying, if Talib doesn't go down in the Pats game? Does he shut Boldin down all game?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Maybe Caldwell saw something (the middle of the field) that played to Boldin's advantage, but maybe now that it's been seen by all of teams a few times, the opposing D's will shut it down next year and make him look slow and old again. I hope not.... but they have to play the games so we can see. I truly hope that what we saw between Boldin and Flacco in the last 4 games is just a glimpse of what's to come. I wonder what we'd be saying, if Talib doesn't go down in the Pats game? Does he shut Boldin down all game?
    The sad thing is that there were TONS of casual fans that recognized that Boldin was being mis-used. He is clearly a middle of the field player who creates mismatches with his size and against LB's, yet Cam always put him on the outside- That, in my opinion, is the primary reason that our offense came into it's own when Caldwell took over- and just pisses me off that Cam could be so stubborn (or stupid) all this time.

I still think Boldin has about 1 more decent year left in him (at most 2) before he really starts turning in some diminishing returns. His cap hit this year is definitely too high, and I wouldn't mind seeing him adjust his contract to a 3 year deal at around 1 million this year, about 3 million next year, and about 5 Million in 2015 (with about a a $6-9 Million up front bonus thrown in for a cap hit of around 3 Million this year).