Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I agree stinger but it will still hurt. I mean...we gotta get him one of these times...dont we???
    Oh most definitely it will hurt. But it won't be a "blow up the team, fire Harbaugh, cut player X" kind of meltdown for me. This is a good team, and if they can keep the right pieces in place, they will he right back in the playoffs next year.

This team has won a playoff game the last 5 years, which is near impossible and gets them closer to the SB. That is a good thing. All it takes now is two more wins. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    4 targets, 0 catches, 3 drops. I still want the Ravens to add a WR in next year's draft if only to upgrade at #3 WR.
    3 drops, 0 actual drops...what's the difference? You live in such a fantasy world that your posts are becoming virtually unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by batman55 View Post
    If anything this should be stop throwing to tandon doss. Dude dropped 3 passes, 1 being in the end zone
    Another fan that has no clue what an actual drop is. Tandon Doss had zero---i repeat zero--- drops today. Were you at the game and had bad sight lines...or did you just totally ignore the replays? One was off the top of his fingertips....definitely not a drop. The other two happened in the end zone. The first was so inaccurate that he barely was able to get even one hand on it, let alone two. The second in the back of the endzone was probably the only one that he could have caught, but even if he had, he would have landed so far out of bounds, that it wouldn't have mattered.

I swear this site is turning into the Sun message board with some of these poorly educated football fans that come here now.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    What other bad game?

As our 4th reciever, he's barely seen the field.
    He's only 23 years old.
    This was his first playoff game, and it was RL52's last game at M&T.
    He wasn't the only one who had suspect hands today (including defensive players too).

And none of those drops were on gimmes.
    The two in the end zone weren't even catchable unless you had gobs of stickem on your one hand that touched the ball (first "drop") and were Wilt Chamberlain's height ("Drop" #2). Actually on the 2nd drop in the end zone, he was being pushed out of bounds in the air as it grazed the top of his hands, so even if he had caught it, it would have still been incomplete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Another fan that has no clue what an actual drop is. Tandon Doss had zero---i repeat zero--- drops today. Were you at the game and had bad sight lines...or did you just totally ignore the replays? One was off the top of his fingertips....definitely not a drop. The other two happened in the end zone. The first was so inaccurate that he barely was able to get even one hand on it, let alone two. The second in the back of the endzone was probably the only one that he could have caught, but even if he had, he would have landed so far out of bounds, that it wouldn't have mattered.

I swear this site is turning into the Sun message board with some of these poorly educated football fans that come here now.
    You should have put a colon after that first sentence, because your "observation" is that of a fan without a clue.

The throw in the end zone hit Doss in the palms. That was on him. The other was a tough catch well out in front of him. It wasn't a bad throw, and it was catchable, but it wasn't on his numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    You should have put a colon after that first sentence, because your "observation" is that of a fan without a clue.

The throw in the end zone hit Doss in the palms. That was on him. The other was a tough catch well out in front of him. It wasn't a bad throw, and it was catchable, but it wasn't on his numbers.
    Were you at the game today or did you see the real footage of what happened? I know sometimes when you're at the game, you can't really see what was happening. There was no way that anyone, except for a rare Jerry Rice/Marvin Harrison-like feat of amazingness, would have caught that "first drop". Anyone who would call that a drop is fundamentally stupid and does not understand football in the least. I will give you the benefit of the doubt if indeed you were there in person. If you saw the replay and still think that's a drop, then I really can't say much else to make you understand.

Again, I don't think too many people here comprehend what an actual drop really is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Were you at the game today or did you see the real footage of what happened? I know sometimes when you're at the game, you can't really see what was happening. There was no way that anyone, except for a rare Jerry Rice/Marvin Harrison-like feat of amazingness, would have caught that "first drop". Anyone who would call that a drop is fundamentally stupid and does not understand football in the least. I will give you the benefit of the doubt if indeed you were there in person. If you saw the replay and still think that's a drop, then I really can't say much else to make you understand.

Again, I don't think too many people here comprehend what an actual drop really is.
    I was watching it on a hi-def TV, including the replays.

Both were passes Doss should have caught. They weren't easy catches, but they were catchable. The end zone pass especially should have been caught. It hit his palms. I don't care if ten elephants were shoving him out of bounds or whether you or Jesus think he would have landed out of bounds: he should have held onto the football. He didn't.

He does have good hands. He didn't today. From what I've seen of the kid, he'll learn from this.

Blog Entries

Boldin since this thread was created: 3 games, 18 catches, 309 yards and a TD, and many of those catches critical, tough catches in crunch time.

Too slow with bad hands indeed.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Boldin since this thread was created: 3 games, 18 catches, 309 yards and a TD, and many of those catches critical, tough catches in crunch time.

Too slow with bad hands indeed.
    Guess he'll do better when he gets faster and his hands get better too. LOL

Blog Entries

I refuse to let this thread die now...

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I refuse to let this thread die now...

Funny how you have a player like Boldin, who shouldn't have to prove himself to anyone as a football player, and yet he is still a magnet for criticism when things don't go our way. Whatever our problems may have been at points this season, Boldin was the same player he's always been....a guy with character, toughness, and an ability to take over a game like no WR we've ever had....

Between the "inside info" and this thread ...