Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

5 Turning Points to the Ravens Season

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-b3d7498d8430

Pretty good article. I'm sure you guys can come up with a couple more. It was just that kind of season.

My favorite:
    Terrell Suggs said that the Ravens probably wouldn't have won the Super Bowl had it not been for Lewis’ announcement. Lewis rallied his troops, elevated the play of those around him, and capped off a 17-year career with his second Lombardi Trophy.
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 02-15-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: moved link to article to top of thread
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Re: 5 Turning Points to the Ravens Season

I bet Flacco wouldn't agree with Suggs about that. I don't think Ray Lewis retiring had anything to do with Flacco's hall of fame postseason performance.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I bet Flacco wouldn't agree with Suggs about that. I don't think Ray Lewis retiring had anything to do with Flacco's hall of fame postseason performance.
    You could be right. I think another key turning point in the season was when the coaches finally found the right combination on the Offensive line. That was right about the Giants game, Seemed like Flacco finally had the time and confidence in his protection to go on that incredible tear through the playoffs.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

A) Firing Cameron thus inserting Boldin into the slot and McKinney to LT. That was basically it. IMO, Cameron was a cancer and just not a good football coach. He never created mismatches and used the teams talents effectively. He was horrible.

Blog Entries

As a History student I'm often amused at the willful disregard of facts and chronology when they don't fit our agendas.

With that said, is everybody forgetting that we destroyed the Giants w/o McKinney?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    As a History student I'm often amused at the willful disregard of facts and chronology when they don't fit our agendas.

With that said, is everybody forgetting that we destroyed the Giants w/o McKinney?
    You are right, McKinney started vs the Colts...as I recall. But the playcalling was much better vs the Giants than in the previous weeks under Cameron. The defense was lights out vs NY also. Good post. You are correct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    You are right, McKinney started vs the Colts...as I recall. But the playcalling was much better vs the Giants than in the previous weeks under Cameron. The defense was lights out vs NY also. Good post. You are correct.
    I wasn't just trying to call you; it just seems to be the meme that I don't really agree with.

Regarding playcalling, I think that definitely improved. I just don't put as much stock in the o-ling reshuffle as others do. IMO, the big upgrade was at guard not lt.

The demolition of the Giants was the 1st inkling of the potential the team was building for the playoffs. The explosive potential of the O and the potential of the D to play shutdown - at least for a period of time.

Lots of turning points to highlight this past season but the starting point was the uplifting lockeroom speech by Ray Lewis after the AFc championship loss to the pats. That made the team come a little closer and endure what was to be a rollercoaster season.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    You could be right. I think another key turning point in the season was when the coaches finally found the right combination on the Offensive line. That was right about the Giants game, Seemed like Flacco finally had the time and confidence in his protection to go on that incredible tear through the playoffs.
    The coaches didn't find the best combo until the Colts game when McKinnie played because Jah Reid got hurt and because the staff knew that trotting Bobbie Williams out there a fourth time wasn't going to work.

No McKinnie and the shuffle it caused and there is no ring.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I wasn't just trying to call you; it just seems to be the meme that I don't really agree with.

Regarding playcalling, I think that definitely improved. I just don't put as much stock in the o-ling reshuffle as others do. IMO, the big upgrade was at guard not lt.
    There were three o-line moves that resulted in better guard and tackle play.

It was about the shuffle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    The coaches didn't find the best combo until the Colts game when McKinnie played because Jah Reid got hurt and because the staff knew that trotting Bobbie Williams out there a fourth time wasn't going to work.

No McKinnie and the shuffle it caused and there is no ring.
    Yeah, but was the big upgrade at LT or LG?

IMO, it was at guard.