Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 140
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,062
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.



    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You're assuming he really did get a job as an NFL scout. Let's just say I have my doubts.
    Hopefully it was with the Steelers
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #92

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    C'mon guys... in hindsight, based on the outcome of the season this thread looks a bit silly. But, at the time we were all frustrated with this team, including Boldin's production. The majority of us thought Boldin's productive years were gone even 2 years ago after that Steelers game. Halfway through the season, there was a large group here that would have been happy to let Joe walk at the end of the season. How's that look now? Let it die... and lets talk about now.




  3. #93

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    I love it when threads like these are dug up and bumped

    FO needs to find a way to retain Boldin. He and Joe have great chemistry right now.




  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,062
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    C'mon guys... in hindsight, based on the outcome of the season this thread looks a bit silly. But, at the time we were all frustrated with this team, including Boldin's production. The majority of us thought Boldin's productive years were gone even 2 years ago after that Steelers game. Halfway through the season, there was a large group here that would have been happy to let Joe walk at the end of the season. How's that look now? Let it die... and lets talk about now.
    So says they guy famous for starting a thread predicting the Ravens would go 8-8

    I'm just messing with you. Those damn crystal balls still don't seem to be working.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #95

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    So says they guy famous for starting a thread predicting the Ravens would go 8-8

    I'm just messing with you. Those damn crystal balls still don't seem to be working.
    Haha... and it's funny. But at the time, I was frustrated and I really did think 8-8 or 9-7 was in the realm of possibility... and it was. Thank god it didn't happen. There is no crystal ball, Anything other than reporting what HAS happened, is pure emotionally charged speculation for most of us.

    Personally, if my list of priorities mattered, retaining Boldin would be #2 behind getting Flacco resigned. But hell, Boulder could be right... Maybe Caldwell saw something (the middle of the field) that played to Boldin's advantage, but maybe now that it's been seen by all of teams a few times, the opposing D's will shut it down next year and make him look slow and old again. I hope not.... but they have to play the games so we can see. I truly hope that what we saw between Boldin and Flacco in the last 4 games is just a glimpse of what's to come. I wonder what we'd be saying, if Talib doesn't go down in the Pats game? Does he shut Boldin down all game?




  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ellicott City
    Posts
    306

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Maybe Caldwell saw something (the middle of the field) that played to Boldin's advantage, but maybe now that it's been seen by all of teams a few times, the opposing D's will shut it down next year and make him look slow and old again. I hope not.... but they have to play the games so we can see. I truly hope that what we saw between Boldin and Flacco in the last 4 games is just a glimpse of what's to come. I wonder what we'd be saying, if Talib doesn't go down in the Pats game? Does he shut Boldin down all game?
    The sad thing is that there were TONS of casual fans that recognized that Boldin was being mis-used. He is clearly a middle of the field player who creates mismatches with his size and against LB's, yet Cam always put him on the outside- That, in my opinion, is the primary reason that our offense came into it's own when Caldwell took over- and just pisses me off that Cam could be so stubborn (or stupid) all this time.

    I still think Boldin has about 1 more decent year left in him (at most 2) before he really starts turning in some diminishing returns. His cap hit this year is definitely too high, and I wouldn't mind seeing him adjust his contract to a 3 year deal at around 1 million this year, about 3 million next year, and about 5 Million in 2015 (with about a a $6-9 Million up front bonus thrown in for a cap hit of around 3 Million this year).




  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    The sad thing is that there were TONS of casual fans that recognized that Boldin was being mis-used. He is clearly a middle of the field player who creates mismatches with his size and against LB's, yet Cam always put him on the outside- That, in my opinion, is the primary reason that our offense came into it's own when Caldwell took over- and just pisses me off that Cam could be so stubborn (or stupid) all this time.

    I still think Boldin has about 1 more decent year left in him (at most 2) before he really starts turning in some diminishing returns. His cap hit this year is definitely too high, and I wouldn't mind seeing him adjust his contract to a 3 year deal at around 1 million this year, about 3 million next year, and about 5 Million in 2015 (with about a a $6-9 Million up front bonus thrown in for a cap hit of around 3 Million this year).
    Exactly. Many fans saw the obvious but since they were just fans they couldn't be right.
    Opposing players said the same thing, over and over again, yet still, no one listened.
    Cam ran the same handful of plays with the same few pass routes and expected them to work even though every team knew they were coming.
    Players' strengths were not considered, instead the player had to perform inside the archaic system.
    We didn't use the middle of the field SOOOO, any defensive coach with half a brain WILL run cover two.
    Everyone needs to realize how difficult it was for this offense to succeed even though every team KNEW exactly what our guys were doing. And still our guys kept winning enough to make the playoffs 4 years in a row.

    As soon as Caldwell had more than 3 days to prepare, our offense changed...not drastically, but started using the entire playbook and put the players in positions to succeed based on their skill sets AND using formations to create natural separation. WHAT?! That's CRAZY!!!
    It is not rocket science, it is actually common sense. That's all it is.
    If a defense adjusts to our guys throwing over the middle, we will throw it over the top or to the outside OR run right where their linebackers are vacating. Mix it up. Keep THEM guessing. Make THEM defend the entire field like our defense has done for the past 17 years.

    Yes, try to keep Boldin here and happy. He has earned it.
    This will be a very important draft.
    We need to fill many spots with some quality players that fit under the CAP.
    Make sure the Oline is ready to keep Joe upright like during the playoffs and draft a BIG body at NG that can be counted on. (Jenkins from Georgia if he is still there) Then worry about an ILB.




  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hopefully it was with the Steelers
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You're assuming he really did get a job as an NFL scout. Let's just say I have my doubts.
    Bisciotti offered me Decosta's job after the Oher draft but I turned it down.

    BTW, Film Study gave Oher a grade of D for the SB. Par for the course.

    Actually, I'd like the job just driving DeCosta around town. He always has a driver
    when he speaks to Nest 1.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.




  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You're assuming he really did get a job as an NFL scout. Let's just say I have my doubts.
    I have doubts too bc of some of his post but hey I have to meet Oz tomorrow and get this Flacco deal rolling again so I can no longer post after tonight

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  11. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    If the Ravens continue to run the pass offense through Boldin instead of Smith and Jones the passing offense will struggle. Too many targets per completion rate for possession WR. That's Ravens fault, outside of line play.
    How that work for the Ravens during the SB run MR. SCOUT? You couldn't scout Pee Wee talent let alone High School or flag football.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  12. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    "Boldin does not have the speed to be a starting WR in the NFL anymore and doesn't run precise routes either"
    He was very surprised he still starts. Has extremely low completion rate per targets for a possession WR.

    " he also said Ravens are better off with Jones on the Feild"

    He is knowledgeable and should know.
    Ha Ha


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  13. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,690
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Sorry, just couldn't resist fixing that for ya!




  14. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    Toooo funnnnny.





  15. Re: Stop throwing to Boldin- too slow with bad hands.

    I was always a Boldin fan and never lost confidence in him, but it is easy to see why a lot of people did. He was seriously slowed by knee injury issues, and his production was incredibly sporadic.

    It is always a big risk thoug to bury a big time player the first or second time you see them stumble though.







Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland