Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

On the Bright Side....

The Giants got their asses handed to them even worse than the Ravens did today. We play them next week at home with some more guys healthy defensively.
    Last edited by EdReed4HOF; 12-16-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries
    Yeh and it'll be a must win for them, I wish they had won

Maybe the cowboys will play harder today

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: On the Bright Side....

Both teams seem to have the same issues

Meh. That front fours drooling at the prospect of going up against this line

Couple that with a revamped playbook (huh?) and a QB at an all time low in self efficacy, the games still theirs to lose.

Blog Entries

Next week will be the last chance for the Ravens to save some face before the playoffs. If they win, I believe they clinch the #4 seed. Then they can rest the starters in the last game against the Bengals and make it a bye of sorts. If they lose next week, they will probably lose against the Bengals for the fifth straight and will be one and done in the playoffs on the road.

So next week is the season, basically.

The draft and coaching evaluations. This team doesn't have the line play on both sides to advance in the playoffs. Wait til next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    The Giants got their asses handed to them even worse than the Ravens did today. We play them next week at home with some more guys healthy defensively.
    And this is a "bright side" why? Now they're desperate for a win & angry at the shutout. How much more humiliating can this season get than to get run out of one's own stadium by a team that lost 34-0 the week before?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    And this is a "bright side" why? Now they're desperate for a win & angry at the shutout. How much more humiliating can this season get than to get run out of one's own stadium by a team that lost 34-0 the week before?
    That's a tie. The Ravens are desperate and angry too (or should be).

We can easily stymie Eli at home. The Giants offense vs our defense (assuming we step up like we did today) could get ugly for the Giants. The problem is.....our offense may take 20 minutes to get their first 1st down and go into halftime allowing more points while they were on the field than they scored (like today).

Our offense is the elephant in the room. The defense is massively banged up and they are still trying, playing scrappy ball, making adjustments, stiffening in the red zone, etc. The offense is simply crapping the bed considering the supposed talent.

Next week, much like this week, will come down to our offense. It plays average we have a chance. It plays well we should win. It plays like it has been and we have 0.0% chance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    That's a tie. The Ravens are desperate and angry too (or should be).
    Desperate? Hardly. They're almost a lock for the playoffs (see my thread from last Sunday for details). And considering how they've played in the last 2 home games, how much difference would a home game really make?

Angry, I'd believe--but angry at whom? A total beatdown catalyzes focus--there's no one to blame any more than oneself. The Ravens performance--a banged-up D that holds PM to 10 points in the first 30 minutes only to watch the offense crap the bed over & over & over & giftwrap a 14-point swing with less than a minute left in the half--that breeds dissension & finger-pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    I don't know if that's a good thing. I know the game is at home, but it might take an act of God to beat the Giants after that spanking. The Giants won't lose three in a row.

The bright side, is that the Ravens have built themselves a little cushion & this stretch of games is exactly why you do that. Hopefully the Steelers lose, The Bengals & the Steelers play each other next week.

If the Ravens do lose to the Giants, they'll still be tied with the lead for the division. Beat Cincy at home & you're in.

Time to get healthy, time to circle the wagons.

Nobody said it was going to be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
    I don't know if that's a good thing. I know the game is at home, but it might take an act of God to beat the Giants after that spanking. The Giants won't lose three in a row.

The bright side, is that the Ravens have built themselves a little cushion & this stretch of games is exactly why you do that. Hopefully the Steelers lose, The Bengals & the Steelers play each other next week.

If the Ravens do lose to the Giants, they'll still be tied with the lead for the division. Beat Cincy at home & you're in.

Time to get healthy, time to circle the wagons.

Nobody said it was going to be easy.
    The Bengals game is in Cincy.

The bottom line is if the Ravens win next Sunday I believe they win the division and would play for nothing in Cincy in week 17.

Can someone verify that?