Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but how can you say Cousins isn't a better player than Flacco? The guy has started 1 game in the NFL. We don't know what he can do yet.
    Yes but we know what Joe can and cannot do. He is simply not a leader and frankly not very smart. Joe is not the guy for the future.

Wow. So it's come to this. Even some of the more level headed guys on here.

The problem with the team is with every single player and coach that was on that field today.

Flacco's price should be reasonable enough to keep him, and he is good enough to win a Super Bowl. It makes no sense to start over now.

How about we trade for an Offensive Line?

I thought I was clear in my post that all the blame isn't at the feet of Joe....he didn't draft himself. I also pointed the finger at Ozzie for his talent evaluating and vision for this team. The defense is a direct result of that poor vision.

Make no mistake. Flacco is average QB that can easily be held in check by a decent defensive coordinator. Yes he has had good games and even great games, like so many average quarterbacks over the years. No need to run down the list of his flaws/holes over and over again. They are well documented but ignored by most here....until today.
    Last edited by RavingMad; 12-16-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    Do you think kirk cousins gonna last in arc north? Very doubtful. Face it people Flacco staying in Baltimore whether we like it or.not.
    And I'll be happy with that. Reading this board after being extremely depressed by the loss is worse than the loss itself. Joe's biggest mistake was the pick-6. Without that 14-point swing, the game would have been close at the half, and who knows what would have happened then. But people are acting as if the whole loss can be attributed to Joe. What about the O-line, which gave receivers no time to get down the field, and hurried Joe and made him run for his life much of the time? And could produce no holes for Rice to run through? Yes, Joe was inaccurate for some of the time, when he did have time to throw, but it's not all on him, and it's a pity that all the post-loss vitriol has to be directed at one player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    How about we trade for an Offensive Line?
    How about the Ravens actually play the best OL that they have on their roster. Both Bobbie Williams and Jah Reid are putrid. Their level of suckitude is beyond debate. It is time for Ozzie, Bisciotti, or whomever to overrule Harpuke and play McKinnie. I have never really been a Harbaugh fan, but I am really beginning to think that the man is clueless. It wouldn't bother me at all if he were fired after this season.

Blog Entries
    @ESPNStatsInfo: Joe Flacco had a 0.4 QBR today. Flacco is the 1st QB with multiple sub-1.0 QBR games in a season since Mark Sanchez in 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    And I'll be happy with that. Reading this board after being extremely depressed by the loss is worse than the loss itself. Joe's biggest mistake was the pick-6. Without that 14-point swing, the game would have been close at the half, and who knows what would have happened then. But people are acting as if the whole loss can be attributed to Joe. What about the O-line, which gave receivers no time to get down the field, and hurried Joe and made him run for his life much of the time? And could produce no holes for Rice to run through? Yes, Joe was inaccurate for some of the time, when he did have time to throw, but it's not all on him, and it's a pity that all the post-loss vitriol has to be directed at one player.
    . I agree with some of your points but I didn't bash Flacco at all. Most people including myself want cam out of Baltimore but as far as Flacco that's when I hit the brakes. I.never bashed him nor do I want him gone. Certain people screaming for him to get cut and get a inexperienced rookie QB or a vet WHO to take Flacco's place which is ridiculous imo. Your right it is mostly the whole o line wr defense struggles and injuries. But people wanna quit way too early. Just saying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The team is in trouble, but I don't know why you want to hang it on Joe. This defense has been so bad, and we have still won 9 games. If not for 2 blown wins (thanks to our defense) against the skins and the steelers we would be 11-3 right now. Yeah, Joe hasn'd had a great year, but you just can't hang all this shit on him.
    Thank you!

Blog Entries
    I want flacco to stay here but I don't want him to weigh down the team with a huge contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This is kind've where I'm at. That pick 6 was the back breaker. The problem is that in year 5, having those bonehead moments really starts to shake your confidence in him. I think we're all of the opinion, Joe is never going to be that "elite" level of QB. But can he still be the above average - good QB that can take a talented team and put them in position to succeed? Remains to be seen a bit.
    Matt Stafford had two pick 6's today, and will be at home during the playoffs, despite having the #1 WR in the game who makes his QB better.

Stafford has many bone headed plays this year.

Romo has played well lately but is also plenty capable of blowing a game all on his lonesome.

Big Ben just blew it for the Steelers.

Oh Drew Brees also will most likely be sitting home during the playoffs too.

Eli got blown out 34-0 today.

So I guess we are down to two "elite" QBs - Brady and Peyton.

"Elite" is a media term. Eli is "elite" (or not) because of two lucky ass passes in two different SBs.

We need to invest in the OL and WRs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    The excuses are alive and well.

It's simply ridiculous that issues I have stated in detail over the past YEARS(!) are still issues and some folks are still excusing them. Twisting themselves in knots for the silver lining. For years now I have been critical of Joe and Ozzie. The problems are so obvious (poor talent evaluation, poor instincts and awareness at QB, along with inconsistent accuracy) and are mounting. This team is in trouble.
    The Steelers are in trouble.

The Giants are in trouble.

The Bears are in trouble.

The Eagles have been the running joke of the league for 2 straight seasons despite assembling a "dream team".

Lots of quality organizations are in "trouble".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Matt Stafford had two pick 6's today, and will be at home during the playoffs, despite having the #1 WR in the game who makes his QB better.

Stafford has many bone headed plays this year.

Romo has played well lately but is also plenty capable of blowing a game all on his lonesome.

Big Ben just blew it for the Steelers.

Oh Drew Brees also will most likely be sitting home during the playoffs too.

Eli got blown out 34-0 today.

So I guess we are down to two "elite" QBs - Brady and Peyton.

"Elite" is a media term. Eli is "elite" (or not) because of two lucky ass passes in two different SBs.

We need to invest in the OL and WRs.
    I do not disagree with your last statement (except that we HAVE invested in WRs with Torrey, Doss, Jacoby to some extent...Honestly, name me more than three teams whose top 3 WRs are more talented than our 3)

But, those other QBs...their days are rare. Joe has been in a funk all year. He's kept his INTs down for the most part, but he's been a fumble machine too. He's looked great in the first 4 games of the season and against the Raiders, but really since that Texans game, he's been a middle of the road QB.

My only thought is maybe this is just a down year for him. Brees has really had a down year this year too, so it does happen. The hinderance with that line of thinking is that you have to pay him this offseason. So how do you do it? Franchise tag would crush your cap space. A one year deal for less that tag is probably not going to happen. Maybe you could get him to sign for the "Alex Smith special" (8-9 mil per year, 3 years, incentive laden contract)...In any case, it's tough to really make a call on what to pay him when you don't know that he's going to shake this funk he's in, along with the rest of the offense.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!